Neowin Server Problemo

You know it's time to expand when I can't post when I want to! LOL :)

I am going to have to have a chat with Redmak and Neobond about expansion. I need a clear idea on what features they want to implement, the scripting, etc so I can get the correct server and software.

I do want to explain that what Redmak did was wise to protect their database. If the server crashes, it could cause database errors, so it is better to turn people away (as much as I hate to do it) then crash the server.

We will work it out, so please be patient. :)

Originally posted by Tyme

You know it's time to expand when I can't post when I want to! LOL :)

I am going to have to have a chat with Redmak and Neobond about expansion. I need a clear idea on what features they want to implement, the scripting, etc so I can get the correct server and software.

I do want to explain that what Redmak did was wise to protect their database. If the server crashes, it could cause database errors, so it is better to turn people away (as much as I hate to do it) then crash the server.

We will work it out, so please be patient. :)

Thanks for the update Tyme, it is nice to know that hopefully these (increasingly) annoying errors will disppear in time...

Originally posted by use_imagination

this is starting to annoy me :(

do u think this will last for the next hours ?

I don't know. I hope not. It has been getting more frequent over the last couple of hours though. :(

Originally posted by Borg77

I don't know. I hope not. It has been getting more frequent over the last couple of hours though. :(

Yeah, I just experienced one of these "outages" for the past 20 min or so.

You might be interested in looking at the thread currently immediately below this one :ponder:

EDIT: Since Keldyn didn't get to saying it yet-- Threads merged in case you didn't notice ;)

Keldyn,

Suggestion to another Mod or New Poster...

Ever consider posting a news topic saying Neowin is aware of the problem and are working on fixing it? It's happening enough I don't think it could hurt...

Thanks Cara.

Does seem worthy of a mention yes given the nature of the problem and that it would appear to be ongoing. Something will be posted regarding this soon I should think. And announcement such as this is best left to our administrators i believe.

Originally posted by artificiallife

LOL....you sound like the crocodile hunter! :D

Naw mate...me never hunted a croc in me whole life.:p

Who here reads Terry Goodkind? I gotta say something here, it's been driving me crazy this last 5 pages. Kahlan Amnell. From the Fantasy writer Terry Goodkind's Sword of truth series. Same thing with Cara. Sure it's a pretty bland name, but the red leather and the mistress part? It's obvious. And both have been accused of being guys. WTF is going on!?!

Heh, Morphos, not uncommon to see guys troll places and pretend to be girls. Especially in online games. I admit, I have doubts about anyone who claims to be a girl online. Call it "being on the safeside." I've seen some rather, ah...interesting...situations occur between men and men who pretend to be women online.

Originally posted by Vlad

Heh, Morphos, not uncommon to see guys troll places and pretend to be girls. Especially in online games. I admit, I have doubts about anyone who claims to be a girl online. Call it "being on the safeside." I've seen some rather, ah...interesting...situations occur between men and men who pretend to be women online.

meh,

people online dont have a sex anyway.

Originally posted by lazydesert

meh,

people online dont have a sex anyway.

maybe without the "a" that works.... :D

BUY T-SHIRTS WHEN THEY ARE OUT PEOPLE! Maybe we can afford some upgrades with the money :D

Originally posted by Keldyn

Nice sig Tim, although it won't let me punch you. WHere are the oversized boxing gloves? Curses!:p

Well, until we allow flash sigs...there will be no timdorr-bucks to win :D

Apparently Neowin got extremely popular, so much so that I could not get into the forums lol

" vBulletin Message

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. "