Neowin Server Problemo

yeah, it's all the latest crap going down.

between sp1 downloads, aw debate, and general peak usage times, the server is getting pretty loaded...

Originally posted by Tyme

You know it's time to expand when I can't post when I want to! LOL :)

I am going to have to have a chat with Redmak and Neobond about expansion. I need a clear idea on what features they want to implement, the scripting, etc so I can get the correct server and software.

I do want to explain that what Redmak did was wise to protect their database. If the server crashes, it could cause database errors, so it is better to turn people away (as much as I hate to do it) then crash the server.

We will work it out, so please be patient. :)

I get the impression that most of the processing time is being done my MySQL. Is there another closeby co-location server that you've got in that datacenter that you could move Apache to without affecting the co-located site performance? That would give MySQL a bit more breathing space...

If we can get enough money with the t-shirt sales and maybe some other stuff to reach about $2000, we can get ourselves an Appro 1124. I just looked it up and one of those looks DAMN sweet. Dual Athlon MPs and a nice cooling system all built into a 1U system. It's like the best rack I've seen next to the Apple XServe, with a better price/performance ratio.

I think the max for the forums is about 300 - 400 people online at the same time for the vB. [ The other non-vB pages can handle more load than the vB pages, so they don't matter ].

Where can we buy these T-shirts? Maybe you could put it on the main page, under the announcements, where we now have the Klipfarm 'banner'??

Greetings,

Thekk