SP1 Link On Front Page

sp1 on the front page is warez a violation of neowin policy.

so it looks like neowin has a double standard.

magoo gives me a pm warning about warez for talking about sp1 ' and magoo post direct links to downloads on the front page :mad:

I thought I was a neowin member, but I guess I'm not. I don't want to be a member here , so you can delete my account

Originally posted by fr33k

sp1 on the front page is warez a violation of neowin policy.

so it looks like neowin has a double standard.

magoo gives me a pm warning about warez for talking about sp1 ' and magoo post direct links to downloads on the front page :mad:

I thought I was a neowin member, but I guess I'm not. I don't want to be a member here , so you can delete my account

Like the old saying goes "One thinks something one minute but thinks something another minute"..........

Originally posted by Borg77

Like the old saying goes "One thinks something one minute but thinks something another minute"..........

pretty weird really... i think the sp1 link was provided so neowin gets more famous or something... there should be a standard and ppl (everybody) should follow it!

Originally posted by use_imagination

pretty wierd really... i think the sp1 link was probided so neowin gets more famous or something... there should be a standard and ppl (everybody) should follow it!

It also slows down the server and angers all of Neowin's members. Neowin potentially could lose members if they continue to do that. JMHO.

Originally posted by Borg77

It also slows down the server and angers all of Neowin's members. Neowin potentially could lose members if they continue to do that. JMHO.

how does a link slow down the servers ?

Originally posted by lazydesert

how does a link slow down the servers ?

News gets around they have the link and therfore more people show up to download it, putting a higher strain on the server and it's bandwidth.

Originally posted by Cara

News gets around they have the link and therfore more people show up to download it, putting a higher strain on the server and it's bandwidth.

i seriously doubt neowin.net was hosting sp1 . . .

Not hosting directly, but some people were still coming to the main site just to get the link...even that adds strain to the server.

that isn't what she is saying... she is simply stating that more ppl come to the site so that puts a strain on the server... neowin only provided the link and ppl show up to use it

Originally posted by Cara

Not hosting directly, but some people were still coming to the main site just to get the link...even that adds strain to the server.

understood :x