Neowin Metal Club

Well i realised Neowin doesnt have a metal club or discussion of metal thread like most forums do, and theres way to many metal fans here to be ignored so come here and discuss latest albums youve bought, recomendations for future purchases of metal albums, and discuss your favorite metal bands with other members, and if your looking for stores to buy hard to find metal albums around your area you can ask people. Sorry if this thread doesnt work, but ive seen it in a few other forums and it usually lasts ages.

A few stores in melbourne i know for albums and merchandise, there mainly in the city:

Metal Mayhem, www.MetalMayhem.com.au Which is probably the best for albums, but they got some cool t-shirts and stickers and more crap.

Smoke Dreams www.SmokeDreams.com.au Not exactly a metal store but they got some cool shirts.

name any more if you know some.

il start, well i went to metal mayhem today and i bought "In Flames - Whoracle" i reckon its one of there best albums, any one else have this album, would do you reckon of it

Awesome thread its about time there is one of these on neowin in my opinion, seen just about any other forums have one of these except neowin even OCAU had one.

Dream Theatre KICKS ASS!!

Newer album Octavarium absoultuly kicks ass!! Fav song on the album is Panic Attack, any opinion on this album from you dudes?

Newer album Octavarium absoultuly kicks ass!! Fav song on the album is Panic Attack, any opinion on this album from you dudes?

586218375[/snapback]

It's Dream Theater :)

Yes, they OWN. Got Octavarium a couple of days ago - Never enough is my favourite :| The first drum fill and then the guitar solo is just _UN_believable... mmm it's on now :D (Y)

Did I mention I'm going to see them live in October? :devil:

Yes, they OWN. Got Octavarium a couple of days ago - Never enough is my favourite :| The first drum fill and then the guitar solo is just _UN_believable... mmm it's on now :D (Y)

586218383[/snapback]

Never Enough is my second fav :p Damn your lucky i wish I could go see them too bad they never come to aussieland :(

586218383[/snapback]

i reckon its to hard to choose the best song but them two are definetly up there, the intros to dream theatre songs kick ass, i wish i were in america to see gigantour, its got one of the best line ups ive seen in a while

Awesome thread its about time there is one of these on neowin in my opinion, seen just about any other forums have one of these except neowin even OCAU had one.

586218375[/snapback]

Dream Theater rules, the new album has a more thrash element to it so it's more appealing to people like me who listen to alot of death metal and thrash. Panic Attack and Never Enough are probaly the best two on that album.

No good bands come to ****ing Australia period. Were stuck listening to Kyle and ###### Jock Jackie on 101.9 the Fox.

Another good album out is the new CKY album, An Answer Can Be Found. Not Metal really... more alternative rock but it's still awesome. Listen to some samplers thrown around the net.

Dream Theater rules, the new album has a more thrash element to it so it's more appealing to people like me who listen to alot of death metal and thrash. Panic Attack and Never Enough are probaly the best two on that album.

No good bands come to ****ing Australia period. Were stuck listening to Kyle and ###### Jock Jackie on 101.9 the Fox.

Another good album out is the new CKY album, An Answer Can Be Found. Not Metal really... more alternative rock but it's still awesome. Listen to some samplers thrown around the net.

586218437[/snapback]

yeh thats a good album, i dont know if id say its better then there last or what deron miller hyped it up to be but its good. some of my favorite songs on that, dressed in decay, tripled manic stats(best lyrics writen ever i reckon) and As the tables turn, the riffs in as the tables turn remind me of foreign objects.

woo, never knew so many people like dream theater:D

they are great. im listening to liquid tension a the mo and have just been listening to john petrucci's solo album...all good:D

My fav track on the octavarium album is the root of all evil...i love that solo in the middle :D absolutely amazing!

586218383[/snapback]

where abouts you seeing them?

they arent coming to the UK are they?:s

they better not be...but only coz of the fact that i havent heard about it and now its prob to late!lol

Opeth owns dream theater , get blackwater park , this is the best album ever

586218477[/snapback]

quite possibly, thats one of my favorite albums, but there definetly the best progressive metal band out there, they sound so diffrent to the rest and they got a big variety of styles of songs, the acoustics, the heavy ****, with progressive metal i find sometimes it can be boring and you wanna skip to the next song like with dream theater sometimes but that never happens to me with opeth.

quite possibly, thats one of my favorite albums, but there definetly the best progressive metal band out there, they sound so diffrent to the rest and they got a big variety of styles of songs, the acoustics, the heavy ****, with progressive metal i find sometimes it can be boring and you wanna skip to the next song like with dream theater sometimes but that never happens to me with opeth.

586218510[/snapback]

yes moreover every opeth song last quite a long time ( about 15 minutes for some of them ) and i'm never bored !! it's clearly amazing !

Yep however if you dig melodic vocals then you'd probaly listen to Dream Theater. Opeth is more of a progressive death metal thrown in with a few melodic verses which pretty much keeps it interesting and is what makes it Opeth. The riffs are insane. It's mellow for a while then they just pump out blast beats and death vocals, it's great.

Blackwater Park is an awesome album, but it's like the only album i've got lol So i better get some more.

dunno if this counts as metal or not but just heard new song from arch enemys upcomming cd doomsday machine song nemisis, its pretty cool... pm me for site.

i just gotta love avenged sevenfold's new album city of evil.. despite the lack of *screams* since they are a metal core album..this album kinda surprised me as it full of melody... reminds me of guns and roses... :D

im butting in here and saying i love the new Dream Theater CD too. Octavarium has to be my favorite song

586220603[/snapback]

It's 24 minutes long... there's gotta be sometihng for everyone in there :D

I'd also like to point out the LTE own and I am better than Mike Portnoy on the drums.

I wish

I absolutely LOVE metal! It's the best thing ever, I love spoons, forks knives, metal tables are pretty cool too, but I'm not all about heavy metal, I haven't really heard it make any good sounds just like gonging noises not really nice or harmon

I absolutely LOVE metal! It's the best thing ever, I love spoons, forks knives, metal tables are pretty cool too, but I'm not all about heavy metal, I haven't really heard it make any good sounds just like gonging noises not really nice or harmon

586220646[/snapback]

You are well aware of what this thread is about...Dont waste my bandwidth please

Um, I think that you Dream Theater freaks need to create a Dream Theater thread. I have heard the new DT album and it sucks balls. But ofcourse so has all of their albums since the first one. Dont get me wrong, they are excellent musicians, but man does their song writing suck. But the majority of my bashing just comes from not liking their type of music. Whoracle by In Flames is a great album. As of right now im on a Killswitch Engage kick, I highly suggest both of their albums.

You can't have a metal club without PANTERA!!

Even though I love them so much and I'm seeing them on October 24th, I wouldn't really put Dream theater in the metal section, listen to "Anna Lee" and you'll see what I mean...

City of Evil is good too, I just can't stop listening to it!

SOME REAL MUSIC

You can't have a metal club without PANTERA!!

Even though I love them so much and I'm seeing them on October 24th, I wouldn't really put Dream theater in the metal section, listen to "Anna Lee" and you'll see what I mean...

City of Evil is good too, I just can't stop listening to it!

SOME REAL MUSIC

586220720[/snapback]

Thats a pretty good list. Nice to see CKY on there.

Hey look, Marduk is trying to be funny. :whistle:

You lose.

Dream Theater is good but like i said they sometimes seem boring ESPECIALLY some of their songs that go for something insane like 40 minutes. My friend bought the Whoracle album by In Flames so i'm gonna check that out.

I've been trying to find two albums, Pestilence - Spheres, and Cynic - Focus but i can't find them anywhere so it looks like an amazon buy. :(

Thats a pretty good list. Nice to see CKY on there.

Hey look, Marduk is trying to be funny.?:whistle::

You lose.

Dream Theater is good but like i said they sometimes seem boring ESPECIALLY some of their songs that go for something insane like 40 minutes. My friend bought the Whoracle album by In Flames so i'm gonna check that out.

I've been trying to find two albums, Pestilence - Spheres, and Cynic - Focus but i can't find them anywhere so it looks like an amazon buy.?:(:(

586221472[/snapback]

who said id give you my whoracle album, as for pestillence speres i ordered that about 2 weeks ago but i cant wait till i get it, and cynic focus will be out at metal mayhem next week. i like someof the stuff on the list there but it needs ANNIHILATOR and TESTAMENT they have got to be the best thrash metal bands.

Who plays guitar here, i need something to play, im kinda new to it so somthing not to hard but fun to play.

who said id give you my whoracle album, as for pestillence speres i ordered that about 2 weeks ago but i cant wait till i get it, and cynic focus will be out at metal mayhem next week. i like someof the stuff on the list there but it needs ANNIHILATOR and TESTAMENT they have got to be the best thrash metal bands.

Who plays guitar here, i need something to play, im kinda new to it so somthing not to hard but fun to play.

586222051[/snapback]

Because you already gave it to me? Or i might of taken it. Same thing, i have it.