Photo

Neowin Metal Club

2115 replies to this topic

#1 b0zm4g

b0zm4g

csatlos himself

• 599 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:11

Well i realised Neowin doesnt have a metal club or discussion of metal thread like most forums do, and theres way to many metal fans here to be ignored so come here and discuss latest albums youve bought, recomendations for future purchases of metal albums, and discuss your favorite metal bands with other members, and if your looking for stores to buy hard to find metal albums around your area you can ask people. Sorry if this thread doesnt work, but ive seen it in a few other forums and it usually lasts ages.

A few stores in melbourne i know for albums and merchandise, there mainly in the city:
Metal Mayhem, www.MetalMayhem.com.au Which is probably the best for albums, but they got some cool t-shirts and stickers and more crap.

Smoke Dreams www.SmokeDreams.com.au Not exactly a metal store but they got some cool shirts.

name any more if you know some.

il start, well i went to metal mayhem today and i bought "In Flames - Whoracle" i reckon its one of there best albums, any one else have this album, would do you reckon of it

#2 se7en.hu

se7en.hu

• 4,242 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:15

Awesome thread its about time there is one of these on neowin in my opinion, seen just about any other forums have one of these except neowin even OCAU had one.

Dream Theatre KICKS ASS!!

Newer album Octavarium absoultuly kicks ass!! Fav song on the album is Panic Attack, any opinion on this album from you dudes?

#3 FiREFLi

FiREFLi

Neowinian Senior

• 4,113 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:18

Newer album Octavarium absoultuly kicks ass!! Fav song on the album is Panic Attack, any opinion on this album from you dudes?

View Post

It's Dream Theater :)

Yes, they OWN. Got Octavarium a couple of days ago - Never enough is my favourite :| The first drum fill and then the guitar solo is just _UN_believable... mmm it's on now :D (Y)

Did I mention I'm going to see them live in October? :devil:

#4 se7en.hu

se7en.hu

• 4,242 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:21

Yes, they OWN. Got Octavarium a couple of days ago - Never enough is my favourite :| The first drum fill and then the guitar solo is just _UN_believable... mmm it's on now :D (Y)

View Post

Never Enough is my second fav :p Damn your lucky i wish I could go see them too bad they never come to aussieland :(

#5 OP b0zm4g

b0zm4g

csatlos himself

• 599 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:22

View Post

i reckon its to hard to choose the best song but them two are definetly up there, the intros to dream theatre songs kick ass, i wish i were in america to see gigantour, its got one of the best line ups ive seen in a while

#6 vincent

vincent

Neowinian Senior

• 21,227 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:23

edit: nevermind, i'm smoking crack

#7 Evis

Evis

Neowinian

• 141 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:33

Awesome thread its about time there is one of these on neowin in my opinion, seen just about any other forums have one of these except neowin even OCAU had one.

View Post

Dream Theater rules, the new album has a more thrash element to it so it's more appealing to people like me who listen to alot of death metal and thrash. Panic Attack and Never Enough are probaly the best two on that album.

No good bands come to ****ing Australia period. Were stuck listening to Kyle and ###### Jock Jackie on 101.9 the Fox.

Another good album out is the new CKY album, An Answer Can Be Found. Not Metal really... more alternative rock but it's still awesome. Listen to some samplers thrown around the net.

#8 OP b0zm4g

b0zm4g

csatlos himself

• 599 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:35

Dream Theater rules, the new album has a more thrash element to it so it's more appealing to people like me who listen to alot of death metal and thrash. Panic Attack and Never Enough are probaly the best two on that album.

No good bands come to ****ing Australia period. Were stuck listening to Kyle and ###### Jock Jackie on 101.9 the Fox.

Another good album out is the new CKY album, An Answer Can Be Found. Not Metal really... more alternative rock but it's still awesome. Listen to some samplers thrown around the net.

View Post

yeh thats a good album, i dont know if id say its better then there last or what deron miller hyped it up to be but its good. some of my favorite songs on that, dressed in decay, tripled manic stats(best lyrics writen ever i reckon) and As the tables turn, the riffs in as the tables turn remind me of foreign objects.

#9 K3EnU

K3EnU

Neowinian

• 172 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:38

Opeth owns dream theater , get blackwater park , this is the best album ever

#10 msntrev

msntrev

Neowinian

• 253 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:40

woo, never knew so many people like dream theater:D
they are great. im listening to liquid tension a the mo and have just been listening to john petrucci's solo album...all good:D

My fav track on the octavarium album is the root of all evil...i love that solo in the middle :D absolutely amazing!

#11 msntrev

msntrev

Neowinian

• 253 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:43

View Post

where abouts you seeing them?
they arent coming to the UK are they?:s
they better not be...but only coz of the fact that i havent heard about it and now its prob to late!lol

#12 OP b0zm4g

b0zm4g

csatlos himself

• 599 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:43

Opeth owns dream theater , get blackwater park , this is the best album ever

View Post

quite possibly, thats one of my favorite albums, but there definetly the best progressive metal band out there, they sound so diffrent to the rest and they got a big variety of styles of songs, the acoustics, the heavy ****, with progressive metal i find sometimes it can be boring and you wanna skip to the next song like with dream theater sometimes but that never happens to me with opeth.

#13 K3EnU

K3EnU

Neowinian

• 172 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:48

quite possibly, thats one of my favorite albums, but there definetly the best progressive metal band out there, they sound so diffrent to the rest and they got a big variety of styles of songs, the acoustics, the heavy ****, with progressive metal i find sometimes it can be boring and you wanna skip to the next song like with dream theater sometimes but that never happens to me with opeth.

View Post

yes moreover every opeth song last quite a long time ( about 15 minutes for some of them ) and i'm never bored !! it's clearly amazing !

#14 Evis

Evis

Neowinian

• 141 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 16:57

Yep however if you dig melodic vocals then you'd probaly listen to Dream Theater. Opeth is more of a progressive death metal thrown in with a few melodic verses which pretty much keeps it interesting and is what makes it Opeth. The riffs are insane. It's mellow for a while then they just pump out blast beats and death vocals, it's great.

Blackwater Park is an awesome album, but it's like the only album i've got lol So i better get some more.

#15 ~WinGz~

~WinGz~

Monster Kill!

• 1,818 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 19:32

dunno if this counts as metal or not but just heard new song from arch enemys upcomming cd doomsday machine song nemisis, its pretty cool... pm me for site.