Neowin Metal Club

Wow, have you heard the new All Shall Perish? The new songs are br00000tal :D

Not bad. I hadn't heard any new stuff. Gonna have to look for more!

Their new album is good but my favourite is still The Price Of Existence, still liking it though unlike In Flames new stuff. IMO they have been going downhill since Soundtrack To Your Escape, theres the occasional song I like off their more recent albums but no where near the same level they used to be :(

Chris Storey did a great job on The Price of Existence, but the new guy is way too technical than Chris. And about In Flames, I agree with you. I'm sure we won't listen to tracks like Episode 666 and Behind Space anymore.

Not bad. I hadn't heard any new stuff. Gonna have to look for more!

Yeah, that's the opening album track. You gotta listen to the other ones, they're so awesome... oh, I'm not supposed to tell that I've already listened to the new tracks. :laugh:

Yeah, that's the opening album track. You gotta listen to the other ones, they're so awesome... oh, I'm not supposed to tell that I've already listened to the new tracks. :laugh:

Oh, right, i mean, sometimes it happens you know? :laugh:

Whoa I had no idea their new album leaked so early, I could swear I've had it for ages :o I thought it had maybe come out in the US a while ago and was still to be released in Europe, definitely buying it when its released :)

I could use a listen of these songs, but I'm stuck at work! Spotify has been helping me find a lot of new metal bands. I'll have to post up some YouTube vids later.

Whoa I had no idea their new album leaked so early, I could swear I've had it for ages :o I thought it had maybe come out in the US a while ago and was still to be released in Europe, definitely buying it when its released :)

Yeah, I pre-ordered mine too. :D

As far as I know, it leaked because some copies were distributed on Mayhem Festival.

I always seem to be the only person that knows this band but this video of The Tony Tanza Tapdance Extravaganza being played on the Tony Danza Show makes me lol everytime :p

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends on how you look at the post Max era of Sepultura, if you ever liked any of the albums, you will most likely love this one. Better than A-Lex which kind of fell under the weight of its own concepts, up there with Dante XXI, just a slightly different style, and yes, I'm serious when I say it's up there with the Max era Sepultura at its best (Arise and Chaos AD). You can't really compare them directly, not just because of Cavaleras being gone out of the band, more due to the fact there's a twenty year distance between this and the original Sepultura's best work. Not many bands are able to pull out this good of an album after that amount of time, and somehow they've managed. I'd recommend taking a look at YouTube for more previews, but well worth the money.

Btw, blows anything Max has done right out of the water, especially his post-Dark Ages generic Soulfly albums. The first Cavalera Conspiracy album being sort of an exception, because that one was good.

Along with Mask, favorite tracks so far:

I asked you 'cause you're the first person I see stating that an album "post max era" is awesome, and it really is. :D Since the last Sepultura's album I kinda gave up of these guys, but Kairos kicks some serious ass.

I bought the album in iTunes store and listened a few times last weekend. Obviously we can't compare it to old Sepultura, but yeah the album is awesome, much better than Soulfly albums... hahahaha :laugh:.

Do you guys know Krisiun (obviously, any death metal fans love'em), Korzus and Torture Squad? Three great brazilian bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd7eDxB1gQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD0rAv2TdFE

• 2 weeks later...

Hey firey, what do you think about the new Chimaira album? They're my fav band, but this new album suck!

I haven't listened to it all, however what I have heard isn't bad. In my opinion it's heavier than some of the previous work, but still has the vocalization.

I haven't listened to it all, however what I have heard isn't bad. In my opinion it's heavier than some of the previous work, but still has the vocalization.

The opening track and Born in Blood are ok, but some songs are soooo melancholic.

The opening track and Born in Blood are ok, but some songs are soooo melancholic.

After listening to it I see what you mean. It's almost like they lost their fire about 4 tracks in. It's almost like what seemed to happen with Stone Sour. Their self titled album was boss, with songs like Get Inside, Orchids, and Tumult. Come What(ever) may was okay, 30/30 -150 was a great song. The rest of the album slowed down. Then Audio Secrecy, had one or two heavy songs, the rest were pretty mellow.

It sucks, I like bands like DD that have a solid heavy album through and through. But the bands I want to have a heavy album (Stone Sour, Chimaira, etc) only do to a point.

After listening to it I see what you mean. It's almost like they lost their fire about 4 tracks in. It's almost like what seemed to happen with Stone Sour. Their self titled album was boss, with songs like Get Inside, Orchids, and Tumult. Come What(ever) may was okay, 30/30 -150 was a great song. The rest of the album slowed down. Then Audio Secrecy, had one or two heavy songs, the rest were pretty mellow.

It sucks, I like bands like DD that have a solid heavy album through and through. But the bands I want to have a heavy album (Stone Sour, Chimaira, etc) only do to a point.

Yeah, exactly. Every Chimaira's album has an different sonority, they all sound different, but you know that's Chimaira, but after listening to The Age of Hell I was like: WTF!?

Maybe it's influence from the new members, Andols is an amazing drummer and IMO it's a great loss for the band.

Yeah, exactly. Every Chimaira's album has an different sonority, they all sound different, but you know that's Chimaira, but after listening to The Age of Hell I was like: WTF!?

Maybe it's influence from the new members, Andols is an amazing drummer and IMO it's a great loss for the band.

i cant believe how bad their new album is... i LOVE chimaira. where's the songs like Nothing Remains, Pray for All, Worthless and Resurrection? that is chimaira!

this new album is just plain boring. there are a couple songs that are good, but the rest are bad. seriously boring and terrible singing.

i cant believe how bad their new album is... i LOVE chimaira. where's the songs like Nothing Remains, Pray for All, Worthless and Resurrection? that is chimaira!

this new album is just plain boring. there are a couple songs that are good, but the rest are bad. seriously boring and terrible singing.

Totally agreed. :(

I'll miss Jim so much on the next DVD. :/

There's really no posts on female fronted bands in here.. Few I like.. now they aren't all metal per-se more hard rock.. Yes I know this is the "Metal Club" but.. there are no hard rock clubs, and for the most part it fits.