Windows Vista Beta 1

beta 2 will be public preview a couple weeks after its given to the beta 1 testers, and the beta 2 wave of testers that didnt make B1

I would guess when u install the software for ur usb wireless adapter it turn off the wiress zero configuration off....try to uninstall the software and restart ur computer and than get into services to check if the wireless zero configuration is on or not....

586332773[/snapback]

tried that too, the zero conf, doesnt find anything :s

Vista broke up my xp install. Not that i'm particularly attached to it, but if I could avoid a reinstall of it, i'd be happy =)

Vista works, but when on boot, when i select my xp install to boot with, there's only a black screen with a cursor blinking...

Any ideas?

586286844[/snapback]

Probably the best way to fix your XP would be to boot from the win xp cd and launch the install. When it asks you if you would like to repair a previous install say NO. Later on in the rpocess it will tell you that it has detected a priro install of win xp and will ask if you would like to attempt a repair. Let it do so. This should solve your problem though you may have to reinstall your drivers in XP. Hope this helps.

Ditto

586286862[/snapback]

I did that, it effectively repaired my xp.

But it broke my vista exactly the same way ! (black screen with cursor blinking when selecting vista on boot menu).

I don't know what to do :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

I am running the Beta 1 version of Beta and I have a weird issue with iTunes 4.9. I have all of my music in mp3 format and when I try to play a song within iTunes, I makes a worbling sound throughout playback. If I open the same music in WMP10 in Vista, music plays fine. Anyone else seen this? Any idea how to solve the problem

umm yes, it's been out for almost a month now.  :ninja:

586440873[/snapback]

For real, where is the official release announcement?? LOL

Go to MS' web site to get info ... You'll find everything you need to know there, including the fact that ...

(Won't say that it's released, doesn't want to join the bandwagon)