Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1

Does it mean I have to be subscribed (pay) in order to use their IE7 beta?

I'm a web developer, I'd like to know as soon as possible if my sites look OK with their new browser... and I have to pay for it?

Boy they gotta be kidding me... This should have been a public beta, that way web developers could have anticipated their work much sooner... but anyway, guess we'll have to wait for a leak or otherwise rush when they release another beta...

:(

586281846[/snapback]

you have to pay tons of money to be a MSDN subscriber. :angry:

yikes it runs on w95

586282032[/snapback]

that's from Windows Vista Beta1 setup

I think that the Windows Vista setup is the same like on Win9x (same core, same graphics, same old fonts)

Maybe Windows Vista is a combination between Win9x platform and WinNT... I'm not sure

that's from Windows Vista Beta1 setup

I think that the Windows Vista setup is the same like on Win9x (same core, same graphics, same old fonts)

Maybe Windows Vista is a combination between Win9x platform and WinNT... I'm not sure

586282185[/snapback]

No such thing as a combination between Win9x platform and WinNT, NT was a complete ground up rebuild.

No such thing as a combination between Win9x platform and WinNT, NT was a complete ground up rebuild.

586282202[/snapback]

a WinNT with a Win9x setup... :blink:

see this all of boot screens from Windows Vista Beta 1 setup http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvi...ll_gallery2.asp

event the busy cursor is the same like Win9x :yes:

EDIT: or maybe is my mistake, it was an upgrade from Windows 98, again my mistake if this is the case, but on the page he says "Windows Vista Beta 1 Clean Install"

Edited by Kalphegor

I don't see why some people feel so hard done by; IE7 not being a public beta at first shot. It's not as though Microsoft actually said they would, they were just rumours - and it appears these rumours came up false. :happy:

I'm all for a leak of IE 7 (Only because I'd like to know if my sites look ok I need to test) I think it's selfish that you'd have to pay just to get access to something that is Free.

(if there are any spelling mistakes it's because i've been up all night)

-Romeo

Can't wait, hopefully i can remove firefox and start with IE again.

If it is as good as they say

586282331[/snapback]

me too :yes:

I heard that IE7 beta is out, But where can you get it? :blush:

586281093[/snapback]

The best info we've found is here:

Internet Explorer Beta 7 BTW the screenshots on that page are from PCMag. They somehow already installed Beta 1 of Vista too. $10 says MS makes them remove the other screenshots they (PCMag) has on their site.

Has ANYONE here at all had MS Connect give them the option of IE7 alone? Or is it always combined with Vista?

Edited by PRO-Network

its a bit crap that you have to pay a subscription fee.

Oh well.

How bad could it be? I mean, i dont think they will not make our sites compatible with the new browser.

I am a beta tester and you are not :-p, so only I can **** up my system

And don't be a warez kiddie.

LOL

Maybe there are some stupid, questions here on Neowin, but you should note some of the arrogant answers.

Don't we all love our PC?

Well, it sounds like Beta 2 will be public...

Our goal is to get feedback from this group, do a bunch more work around quality (performance, security, reliability, etc.) and some features (e.g. additional standards support beyond what?s in beta 1, additional functionality around tabs and RSS, etc.), anrelease Beta 2 much more broadly.b>