Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1

I heard the IE7 Beta on MS Connect is corrupt!

586282803[/snapback]

It is. I've just tried it upteen million times.

Wow, it's terrible. The file menu is locked below the tabs. Using Luna, the file menu looks extremely bad because it's too thin. The forward button is cut off on the right. And, in all their genius, they set the default search engine to google.

The only good thing, that I've seen so far, is the support for png alpha blending.

Wow, it's terrible. The file menu is locked below the tabs. Using Luna, the file menu looks extremely bad because it's too thin. The forward button is cut off on the right. And, in all their genius, they set the default search engine to google.

586283219[/snapback]

Any improvements in rendering? Does CSS and transparent PNG's work as promised?

And, in all their genius, they set the default search engine to google.

586283219[/snapback]

Well mr. BangBang. You just made my day!

The only good thing, that I've seen so far, is the support for png alpha blending.

586283219[/snapback]

I think it's more likely YOU set the default search engine to google. genius indeed.

I think it's more likely YOU set the default search engine to google.  genius indeed.

586283252[/snapback]

I installed and it was set on google. I've never used IE for searching and have never set a default engine.

"Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 is available now in two versions: a standalone version for Windows XP Service Pack 2, and an enhanced version that is built into Beta 1 of Microsoft Windows Vista?formerly Windows code-named ?Longhorn??to take advantage of new features of the Windows Vista platform."

what are the "enhancements."

I installed and it was set on google. I've never used IE for searching and have never set a default engine.

586283265[/snapback]

A lot of "spyware busting" apps seem to do that though (set http://www.google.com/) as the default search then lock it down (i know spywareblaster, which i use does.).

"Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 is available now in two versions: a standalone version for Windows XP Service Pack 2, and an enhanced version that is built into Beta 1 of Microsoft Windows Vista?formerly Windows code-named ?Longhorn??to take advantage of new features of the Windows Vista platform."

what are the "enhancements."

586283263[/snapback]

A lot of the enhancements, I believe, will be in the rendering side of things. Like I said, PNG Alpha blending finally works and I'm sure CSS support has improved.

Tsk tsk, kids these days :no:

586281325[/snapback]

lol! I'm probably old enough to be your dad.

I just hate how people add in those smart@ss remarks when someone mentions a program that they hate.

Oh and "Tsk tsk, kids these days" was exactly what came to my mind about your comment in the first place.

Just installed IE7 and I must say I am surprisingly liking it. Tabs look very nice, better than FireFox. Add On Manager-IE7 has extensions, I can see a whole lot of new extensions coming out for IE7. Over all the SP2 version GUI is very attractive and will now give Firefox a run if not better than the default theme in Firefox. IE7 seems to improve on rendering as Web Pages come up smooth-fast and Flawless.

Phishing Filter has excellent Artificial Intelligence from what I have see thus far.

Yes you will need to Validate Windows in order to install IE7! ;)

Edited by BoyRacer

I wonder how I will react to IE7 after using Firefox for the last 18 months.

It's going to be a bit awkward at first I think. But very exciting.