670 soldiers who died in the Iraq War

yeah. the war is useless. but the dealth of only 670 us citizens is not the worst part of it.

come on "670 soldiers" - big freaking deal. pfff you know how many innocent peple die everyday in countries other then states?

i mean the short term consiquences of this war are far greater for other countires then they are for US. 670 dead people is something of a signinficance of a fly on the shoulder for Bush. i am certain he could not care less.

yeah. the war is useless. but the dealth of only 670 us citizens is not the worst part of it.

come on "670 soldiers" - big freaking deal. pfff you know how many innocent peple die everyday in countries other then states?

i mean the short term consiquences of this war are far greater for other countires then they are for US.  670 dead people is something of a signinficance of a fly on the shoulder for Bush. i am certain he could not care less.

586283667[/snapback]

I hear what you're saying.

I felt really deeply sad when I saw this picture. Puts faces to numbers, and that is what causes the impact.

panacea u are right about that more people die everyday in other countries, but what whats sad is that even one person had to die because of a lie. any death is sad but especially a sacrifice for a lie..

I honestly believe Bush does care about everyone of the people who have died in the "war," as I've seen him visit with families a lot. You can think I'm an idiot but I don't actually care, and you know what they say about opinions ...

Also, there is a point to the war. What I'm sick of is hearing how wrong the war is from people who are against war to begin with. Hello people, we are never going to get along perfectly because we don't live in a utopia.

Edited by Jstphish

I honestly believe Bush does care about everyone of the people who have died in the "war," as I've seen him visit with families a lot.

of course he would. it is expected of him. if he did not it would stir a huge negative impact on his ratings.

of course he would. it is expected of him. if he did not it would stir a huge negative impact on his ratings.

586283774[/snapback]

What I didn't say is that I've heard what he has said to and how long he spent with people that I know. First hand witness testimony is a lot more reliable than tv media for sure. I don't get this from watching him on the news (as the media puts a slant on everything, even both sides (liberal and conservative)).

Most of the news that I get is from people who work up there as I live in the D.C. commuting area.

Edited by Jstphish

I honestly believe Bush does care about everyone of the people who have died in the "war," as I've seen him visit with families a lot.  You can think I'm an idiot but I don't actually care, and you know what they say about opinions ...

Also, there is a point to the war.  What I'm sick of is hearing how wrong the war is from people who are against war to begin with.  Hello people, we are never going to get along perfectly because we don't live in a utopia.

586283753[/snapback]

u are right people will not get along, we obviously do not live in an utopia but the thing is since this nation and its allies are supposed to be civilized, starting such a conflict IS WRONG and unexcusable. doesnt matter how unperfect a world is, the "super power" with its so called superior morals and ethics should not start wars based on lies. simple as that.

I think this picture is garbage. It is demeaning to the deaths of the soldiers and exploits them to take a jab at bush.

586283944[/snapback]

I agree. Pre-election propoganda that didn't work.

Every life lost in vain is tragic.

Bush or someone else,the weapons had to be spent.

How else would the military machine survive.

It is tragic to see people support a maniac,who has world domination plan in his mind.

The people dying there are wasting their lives and do not change a thing.

Army is there to occupy,people are there to defend whats theirs,just like nam,panama,columbia...

The soldiers who survive become ill of x syndrome,tested on them,on this occasion,etc.

All in all SAD.

Every life lost in vain is tragic.

Bush or someone else,the weapons had to be spent.

How else would the military machine survive.

It is tragic to see people support a maniac,who has world domination plan in his mind.

The people dying there are wasting their lives and do not change a thing.

Army is there to occupy,people are there to defend whats theirs,just like nam,panama,columbia...

The soldiers who survive become ill of x syndrome,tested on them,on this occasion,etc.

All in all SAD.

586284754[/snapback]

unfortunatly u hit the nail on the head. :no:

670 soldiers died? big deal. How many innocent civilians die in Iraq? The media always makes it more dramatic when U.S Soldiers die, much more than when civilians of another nation die.

That picture is just exploiting the good people of the US Army.  Why must we do this?

586287940[/snapback]

Because it was posted on Micheal Moore's website a while back. It was his picture. Does that answer your question?

Bet you could repaint the Sistine Chapel with the amount of civilians killed, however... :whistle:

586291860[/snapback]

They're all dead and dying, on both sides. No one is better than the other.

Perhaps someone should do a picture of all the 25 million Iraqs who are now free from an opressive dictator.

586292130[/snapback]

or the 100,000 innocent civillians that died because of an greedy lying leader back at home. since when does death and chaos count as freedom?

or the 100,000 innocent civillians that died because of an greedy lying leader back at home.  since when does death and chaos count as freedom?

586292356[/snapback]

Exactly....I'm sure more soliders died in this war,let's not forget,it doesn't matter how much we might disapprove of this war. What now matters is,we are where we are now and people die in wars.

How many wars have there been and no one dies?Whether innocent or not there are going to be causalities.

no only 2000 died in this war so far. my deal is, we didnt need to be there. is it a crime to be angry about that?

The only regret i have about the war is, so many people werent ready for it, which is a shame because we cant except to live in this hippy life forever. Times have changed and affirmative action was taken, and made us stronger, and will make iraqs people stronger.

I'm glad we saved a country, its no different than giving blood, or hair, or making medicines

Well the main difference between the war in Iraq and giving blood is more often than not 1700+ US soldiers don't die most times I give blood.