111 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Browser

• Ineternet Explorer
    • Netscape 4.x
    • Netscape 6/7.x
    • Mozilla/Other Gecko
    • Opera
    • Other Please state

Definitely Netscape and Netscape based browsers. It takes forever to load pages. After 4.xx, it was just like IE, only it took years to load pages.

all version of netscape before version 6 suck. the fact that that's all we have on the school computers just adds insult to injury.

if you group all IE versions then you need to group all NS versions, and cause NS is using Mozilla and there is "Other Gecko" you need to Group NS to Mozilla, so the poll should be like

Internet Explorer

Mozilla/Other Gecko

Opera

Other Please state

:D

Originally posted by sorlag

IE6 is supporting 24bit png's.:ponder:

what programm are you using for making png's?:paranoid:

cya

If you read that thread, you would know I mean transparency in 24 bit png's, it supports transparency in 8 bit png's but not 24 bit.

It was already confirmed from multiple members that IE6 is the only browser not to support it.

My college has Netscape 4

But the problem is that its 4 and they wont upgrage so nowadays every one uses IE and they dont show Netscape to web Newbies in starter courses any more witch witch makes me think HOw Muck does the Micro$oft pay the college to wheen newbies on IE I have left post on the college Message Board but they wont do it

Because I criticize Microsoft, I say Internet Explorer is the worst! But actually, AOL is even worse than IE, but it's based on IE anyway (until AOL 8 Beta). :p

Thank God more said Internet Explorer was the worst than Mozilla and Opera! Netscape is not bad, but it's got too much crap bundled with it and that's why I vote Mozilla as the best! So my scale is the following (from the best)

1. Mozilla

2. Netscape 6.x

3. Opera

4. Netscape 4.x

5. Internet Explorer

Other: I know AOL uses Internet Explorer, but my friends use AOL (cause they don?t know dick about computers) and I HATE that internal browser surrounding the annoying popup ads, message windows, and the hideous user interface they designed! :dead:

AOL should rot in hell!

I'm chaning my mind about internet explorer... its starting to get annoying. I've been running Mozilla lately and it is a really good browser. I thought about converting to it, but i am going to wait for 1.1 and see then.

When I had AOL it would always freeze up or not function properly. And when I wanted to sign off it would just sit there and not do it. I sometimes ended up unplugging the phone line, and then it would give me a disconnection error, but that was the only way I could sign off.

Well, all Netscapes should be destroyed, the old ones where fast, but whenever you resized the window the stupid thing refreshed and screwed everything up. The new ones just take to long to load. I am beta testing AOL 8 on a cable modem network and it runs fine, uses IE (which is my favorite browser) not netscape (not yet at least). MSN is good too, especially for n00bs to the computer. But down with NS (mostly), Mozilla, and Opera, I hate them all.

I would have to say Browser Bob - I could never figure that one out. In decending order from best to worse:

1. Crazy Browser

2. Opera 6.04-tie

3. Mozilla 1.1-tie

4. Dominica-runner-honorable

5. MyIE

6. IE

7. MSN Explorer---LOL! Browser Bob

?. Neoplanet - somewhere in there

Originally posted by jsutton

Other: I know AOL uses Internet Explorer, but my friends use AOL (cause they don?t know dick about computers) and I HATE that internal browser surrounding the annoying popup ads, message windows, and the hideous user interface they designed! :dead:

AOL should rot in hell! b>

Sounds good, AOL Suck:):)

Nutscrape our company uses it for the internal intranet, man it sucks biggy time :ermm:

.. any old browser sucks...

IE below 5.5 is darn sucky.. any Mozilla build except 0.96 and those greater than 1 ( don't ask me, Mozilla 0.97 to 0.99 suffered a severe performance hit on my system )...