Why God and Science should not mix

From the last 10 years scientists has found more information about our earth past then ever before. For humans we always want answer of our past, like where did we come from and why are here and what is the meaning of our lives. Also what is God and where did he/her or it come from or does it exist? There is a general problem with this that people try to use to prove it. Science is a term that is use to loosely in the world today. Most of us don't understand the meaning of the word.

Science:organized systematic enterprise that gathers knowledge about the world and condenses the knowledge into testable laws and principles.

If that is the answer to what is science then how can you study or prove that God exist by using science. It's hard to see the world that we have no meaning and no point to our lives but just trying to survive. If you want to believe in God or understand where he comes from then go ahead but don't use science to try be prove something that science has to test and then prove it. You God itself to come out and test what it can do so that science can be use but until that day comes science can not and should not be use to with these type of questions. If you want these type of question to be talk about then go to a Philosophical class instead of a biology class.

P.S.; I know my grammar is not great, so just left comments on my article only, if you don't agree with it.

Are you trying to say that you can't not believe in God because of science, on the grounds that just because science can't explain God or prove his existance, it doesn't mean he doesn't exist?

In which case, I agree.

Science can prove that an object or thing does exist, but it can't prove that something doesn't exist.

Science doesn't and can never explain some things. Even if we were math geniuses and found a way to describe everything using math we'd be limited by the goedels incompleteness theorem. That theorem states that a formal axiomatic system cannot be both complete and consistent. It can be one or the other. We've chosen to have "axioms" and go for consistency. Axioms are basically things that we accept exist but can never prove. Think basic of the most basic thing in math. 1+1 = 2. Try to prove that. Well define addition, numbers, maybe counting but how can you prove those. you see where i'm going with this right? But Assuming those basics hold, everything derived from that holds.

We are inside what appears to be a closed system. The set of all things we call the universe. We can predict the orbit of planets and the evolution of the flu virus but we simply cannot say definitively what it is we all came from.

Real scientists only accept a theory if it's useful and testable. What good is it scientifically otherwise. Evolution is useful for scientists. We can see it and observe it so it makes for a good model because its very practical. If it wasn't we would throw it out like all those others. If someone came up with a theory of intelligent design. Well what difference is it to a scientist trying to study dinosaur bones. Essentially they're the same because they both feature evolution and the other part being god doesn't factor into it at all. It's not exactly testable or useful is it?

The people in power don't like science because it nullifies the dogma they use to opress the people. (not just tin foil hat stuff, we observe it in fundamentalists and evangelists). The other people don't like it because it goes against their simple minded beliefs. It's one thing to believe in god but its another to believe everything in the bible. Most people are ****ing retards and can't think for themselves or think rational. They've soaked in stuff over the years and f you question one thing you're putting into question their whole belief system because maybe it's not so infalliable.

• 4 weeks later...
Science doesn't and can never explain some things. Even if we were math geniuses and found a way to describe everything using math we'd be limited by the goedels incompleteness theorem. That theorem states that a formal axiomatic system cannot be both complete and consistent. It can be one or the other. We've chosen to have "axioms" and go for consistency. Axioms are basically things that we accept exist but can never prove. Think basic of the most basic thing in math. 1+1 = 2. Try to prove that. Well define addition, numbers, maybe counting but how can you prove those. you see where i'm going with this right? But Assuming those basics hold, everything derived from that holds.

We are inside what appears to be a closed system. The set of all things we call the universe. We can predict the orbit of planets and the evolution of the flu virus but we simply cannot say definitively what it is we all came from.

I agree.

Real scientists only accept a theory if it's useful and testable. What good is it scientifically otherwise. Evolution is useful for scientists. We can see it and observe it so it makes for a good model because its very practical. If it wasn't we would throw it out like all those others. If someone came up with a theory of intelligent design. Well what difference is it to a scientist trying to study dinosaur bones. Essentially they're the same because they both feature evolution and the other part being god doesn't factor into it at all. It's not exactly testable or useful is it?

I really don't see how you can test the "big bang" or a horse changing into a frog (or whatever). The real problem with evolution is that their is no other 'scientific' theory to replace it, other than God/I.D. They otherwise would have thrown it out a long time ago, their are many scientific factors which don't agree with the theory, but they are simply ignored by the evolutionist community.

The people in power don't like science because it nullifies the dogma they use to opress the people. (not just tin foil hat stuff, we observe it in fundamentalists and evangelists). The other people don't like it because it goes against their simple minded beliefs. It's one thing to believe in god but its another to believe everything in the bible. Most people are ****ing retards and can't think for themselves or think rational. They've soaked in stuff over the years and f you question one thing you're putting into question their whole belief system because maybe it's not so infalliable.

586305953[/snapback]

I don't know which religion you are reffering to, but even being generalistic, I can mention a few religions that don't oppress people. It's a simple choice, you either choose to believe or you don't. Same goes with evolution, you either choose to believe or you don't, it's not a fact.

As for being simple minded to have to believe in the bible, or being a retard, those kind of statements truly show your age and maturity.

People often forget to apply their own theories or thoughts on themselves

They've soaked in stuff over the years and f you question one thing you're putting into question their whole belief system because maybe it's not so infalliable.