Want a cat? Keep it indoors!

I took a hefty 22 lbs cat in last summer... this cat was obviously, at one point in it's life, a street fighter (indicative by a portion of his ear missing, his size and muscularity, and his strength).  This is the kind of cat that can take out most small-mid size dogs... it was clear to me at first that this cat used to live outdoors...

Parker (the cat) is the biggest suck you'll ever meet :blush:  We bonded instantaneously and still share a very special friendship.  He has taken to indoor-life quite nicely... I take him outside in my backyard, however I never leave him unsupervised.

I can see that he feels safe... it's all over his face and in his eyes :)

dsc002128mj.jpg

586303737[/snapback]

That is a VERY CUTE and HAPPY Kitty! :D You keep spoiling that Kitty! :yes:

When I was in high school I was sitting outside talking to someone during lunch, and there was a gang of punks standing in the parking lot. A nice looking cat came walking up to them and seemed to be waiting for one of them to pet it; must have been from one of the nearby houses. One of the guys looked down at it, and then just kicked it in the stomach as hard as he could. Then they burst out laughing about it; I've never been so sickened by anything in my life.

I've been in a similar situation. 3 guys looking at a cat and one of the kicked the poor thing just for fun. I decided to give him the same feeling, I kicked him too. Didn't seem to find it amusing though... :D

Update:

Aug. 2, 2005. 01:00 AM

You had me at meow: 300 cats adopted

More than 300 cats and kittens have found new homes this long weekend thanks to the Toronto Humane Society's adoption blitz.

The society, already caring for 500 felines, was overwhelmed after two recent seizures of 17 and 37 cats.

This weekend's blitz set a record for adoptions. On an average weekend the humane society is able to find homes for 50 cats or kittens.

"The community opened its heart as never before," said society president Tim Trow. "They came from Toronto, across the GTA and beyond to give homes to ... homeless cats and kittens in the shelter."

The society also waived its regular $25 adoption fee for the weekend.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...99037&t=TS_Home

Update:

Aug. 2, 2005. 01:00 AM

You had me at meow: 300 cats adopted

More than 300 cats and kittens have found new homes this long weekend thanks to the Toronto Humane Society's adoption blitz.

The society, already caring for 500 felines, was overwhelmed after two recent seizures of 17 and 37 cats.

This weekend's blitz set a record for adoptions. On an average weekend the humane society is able to find homes for 50 cats or kittens.

"The community opened its heart as never before," said society president Tim Trow. "They came from Toronto, across the GTA and beyond to give homes to ... homeless cats and kittens in the shelter."

The society also waived its regular $25 adoption fee for the weekend.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...99037&t=TS_Home

586312344[/snapback]

thats great to hear. i absolutely love animals, having a cat for 15 years myself. my cat died 3 months ago and i was devastated when she died. ever since i picked her out of her litter we have always been close. anyway, its good to hear that these cats have a new home.