Jimi Hendix gay?

A new book on Jimi Hendrix (see my avatar) claims that the guitar-legend pretended homosexual leanings in order to be discharged from military service in 1962.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/234527_hendrix30.html

From what I have heard on radio, in discussing this book, Hendrix was under suspicion from the start. You can just imagine....."He spells his name "Jimi", my God he must be a fag or a commy! Get the shrinks in here immediately!"

BTW, Hendrix wasn't really gay,.....not that there's anything wrong with it.

I know a lot of gay mates, and they're damned cool - cooler than me, and a lot more sociable than many.

Edited by Boffa Jones

you didnt know that ?

just kidding but during that time a guy would do or say anything to get out of the draft and avoid viet nam

like move to canada

No, I didn't know this.......and the point is, as testified in the book, that Hendrix was seen as a liability by the military authorities for his unconventional behaviour (whatever that amounts to) and he decided to exploit this predjudice by playing along with them in order to get-the-hell-outta-there.

Who screwed Jimi Hendrix anyway.... Who was his most famous lover ? I don't remmeber him being associated with any leading ladies of the time period...

THat is interesting. I had no idea that he was ever in the military or that he did this. Very smart guy but I guess you would have to be to play a guitar like that

Who screwed Jimi Hendrix anyway.... Who was his most famous lover ? I don't remmeber him being associated with any leading ladies of the time period...

586319532[/snapback]

Jimi Hendrix pretended to be gay so he would be discharged from the army, according to claims in a biography that has used his military medical records.

The rock legend said he left the 101st Airborne Division aged 19 in 1962 after being injured on a parachute jump. But Room Full of Mirrors by Charles R Cross says army records show he was discharged for "homosexual tendencies," reports BBC News.

Mr Cross says Hendrix had a legendary appetite for women - he even had an affair with actress Brigitte Bardot. But he had told a base psychiatrist at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, he had fallen in love with a fellow soldier, the book claims.

However, Jimi did not leave because of objections to the US role in Vietnam, but simply because he wanted to play music, according to the biography.

Room Full of Mirrors is being published to mark the 35th anniversary of his death from a sleeping pill overdose in London in 1970.

There was an article in the Times on Sunday (UK Newspaper) about Jimi Hendrix & his life. That mentioned about him pretending to be gay to get out of the army. If someone tried that now, they'd be sent anyway. Gay people have the same rights to die as straight people :\

Not gay at all.

586321612[/snapback]

heh, good picture...

anyways, i was just listening to some jimi when i saw this thread so i thought i'd take a look...i have a feeling that he was so high, he probably didnt care what gender he was naked next to :laugh:

seriously though, i love his music....as far as his sexual preference, i dont really care....especially since he is quite dead now...

I'd just like to point out that even if Jimi Hendrix enjoyed the sexual company of other men, that would only make him bi. I haven't really researched his sexuality, but most people you talk to will say they think he's bi. Doesn't really matter to me, I still love his music.

I'd just like to point out that even if Jimi Hendrix enjoyed the sexual company of other men, that would only make him bi.  I haven't really researched his sexuality, but most people you talk to will say they think he's bi.  Doesn't really matter to me, I still love his music.

586321690[/snapback]

may he just likes to DP