F.E.A.R. Demo Thread

I dont know if you guys replied to my post here somewhere on page 2-3 or 4, i dont remember but i downloade F.E.A.R. demo and now, I get this error:

---------------------------

License data is invalid!

Please contact Customer Support for further instructions.

OK 

586357960[/snapback]

VU say it will be fixed in the final product, though that isn't much help to you. When you installed the game were your system date settings correct?

cant belive i had to restart for a demo, that happens..not so much

586351738[/snapback]

Yeah but to be honest, the installer says you need to restart. You didn't, it didn't work. Surprising? (I guess not considering that there are many other problems reported with this demo) If you don't follow the instructions you don't give yourself much chance of getting an already 'faulty' (I had no problems running it on my 2.4Ghz/512Mb/Ti4600 system) game to run.

Edited by Syphonic

The intro was nicely done, had the MGS feel to it like a poster said above.... the actually FPS part of the game is "average", the Gun's feel terrible.

However the game is pretty good at creating a creepy feeling, like another poster said above, it does the standard hollywood scares(screams etc) and then the messed up "the ring" scares with that little girl randomly appearing and giggling.... had me spooked(note... playing these games at 1:30am is not a good idea)

The hallway bit was pretty messed up, Punching the ceiling caused blood to shoot everywhere and even tho I kinda knew exactly what was gonna happen when I went through that door at the end, I still jumped and shuddered when I heard a scream and a pair of eyes :s

The ragdoll effects in this demo were a bit messed up tho, The enemy's seemed to bounce around way to much even when dead and made way to much noise for something that shouldn't be moving

The scaryness in this demo alone > Doom 3....(which was like OH NOZ!!! Another zombie!!!!)

I couldn't play the whole thing through in one run. When I got to the ladder part the girl scared me so bad I had to save and quit.. Then I come back.. Finish going down the ladder and there she is again.. Save and quit. Then I finished it...

Did you guys notice bodies which died in awkward positions suddenly falling? This gave me quite a shock.

*SPOILERS*

At the part where you come down some stairs and see a man in a room behind some glass and overhear some radio muttering, I blasted the guy with the 10mm HV thing or w/e it is which shot the glass out too, the other guys rushed out, one of them (awesome ai) jumped through the broken window but I bagged him halfway through the jump. He died in a really awkward (<3 ragdoll) position on the ledge. I cleared up killing the others and turned to walk off when I heard a thud behind me. The guy on the ledge had suddenly dropped off.

I don't know if that is scripted or if it was just the ragdoll doing what it does. Was quite an effective scare though!

I couldn't play the whole thing through in one run. When I got to the ladder part the girl scared me so bad I had to save and quit.. Then I come back.. Finish going down the ladder and there she is again.. Save and quit. Then I finished it...

586358875[/snapback]

I get the same thing when I scroll down and see your sig...

:p

I'm loving the demo so far. The graphics are quality. I'm running it on full everything with 4xAA. Sweet!

wow, this game is soooo laggy on my system, even at minimum settings.

At low settings it looks a lot worse than what many the other upper level games do, which run fine on my system.

I have yet to try this game

I wonder how scary it is after finding doom 3 boring half way through the game...

586363898[/snapback]

that's what I was thinking. There's too many obviously scripted scary pieces in here.

Also, it's like Medal of Honor; just before a new wave of enemies there's a short (<half second) loading stutter. It kind of spoils the suprise.

After playing it once, Let's hope you can still find it fun running around shooting people when the scary aspect has been removed.

Wow this game is really really cool.

The a.i is semi dumb at medium though. But most of the time its fine.

I see people here with great specs saying that cant run this game smooth with anything above 640 x 480

I find that strange because im running on a 3200, 1 gig and a non gt 6600 with medium cpu settings and high video settings @ 30 fps.

:wacko:

Edited by Alpha2004

I thought the AI was rather decent...but maybe I just suck! :p

586368232[/snapback]

The part where the helicopter lands...if you take out the guy standing on the platform across from you without the guy on the base level seeing, the guy from the base level will do the same thing over and over again.

See here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/3895378/oohyeah.wmv.html