reprimand for teacher licking student's wound

and in other bizzare news...

HALSEY, Ore. - The Oregon teachers board reprimanded a high school football coach for licking the bleeding wounds of student athletes, school officials said on Friday.

The Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission placed Scott Reed, 34, on two years probation and ordered the coach, who is also a science teacher, to attend a class on the risks of blood-borne pathogens.

Last summer, Reed gave students at Central Linn High School near Eugene, 100 miles south of Portland, a pep talk about a coach who had licked and healed players' wounds so that they could rejoin the game. After the talk, he bent down and licked a cut on a track athlete's knee, the commission said.

source

:blink: :huh:

If he wants to get AIDS that's his problem. Can't these school board admin's focus on something, oh like these grade 8 teachers ****ing there students? I had a teacher who banged a kid the year before my class.

That's just gross... even more, the students shouldn't have let him lick their wounds, no matter how desperately they wanted to rejoin their game.

Can't these school board admin's focus on something, oh like these grade 8 teachers ****ing there students? I had a teacher who banged a kid the year before my class.

586334028[/snapback]

We have a lot of problems. :wacko:

Saliva is a good antiseptic and promotes blood clotting for faster healing.

Just spitting on the wound in the absence of first aid would have been better.

586334291[/snapback]

Thats what I thought...thats why animals do it..

586334291[/snapback]

However, it sounds like this guy just has a really strange "fetish" to me, which gives a "WTF?" reaction.

586334291[/snapback]

Well he shouldn't have done it at all. If anything he should let the kid spit on his own wound.

You know whats even scarier? For every one of these sicko teachers that are caught, there are 100 more that aren't.

There is not nearly enough checks and balances in the educational system for these kinds of things, and getting fired as a teacher is way harder than you might think.

I used to work in a school district, there was one teacher that was accused of sex with a student... did he get fired? Nope... just moved school districts.

You guys are the ones with the problem. You all have sick minds.

The fact that you all see this as a problem points to how "sick" society is and how far we have strayed from our natural state.

Is this guy hurting the child? No. Is he molesting the child? No.

WTF is your problem then?

No wonder everyone has such a weak immune systems with everyone using antiseptic sprays, antiseptic soaps and everyone being so germ phobic not to mention an overuse of antibiotics.

Sick...there certainly needs to be a concern of passing a disease. I used to live in Halsey. It's a small "blink-and-you-miss-it" town. The people there are country hicks in the middle of farmland...they have a real sense of community there.

You guys are the ones with the problem. You all have sick minds.

The fact that you all see this as a problem points to how "sick" society is and how far we have strayed from our natural state.

Is this guy hurting the child? No. Is he molesting the child? No.

WTF is your problem then?

No wonder everyone has such a weak immune systems with everyone using antiseptic sprays, antiseptic soaps and everyone being so germ phobic not to mention an overuse of antibiotics.

586336809[/snapback]

I don't agree with parents bringing up their kids in completely sterilised environments - but nor do I agree with teachers licking students...

To be quite frank, we left our 'natural' state the second we were self aware, or over that period of time... are computers a natural form of entertainment or communication? No - so wtf are you doing on one or do you aim to be hypocritical?

Troll post and related relies removed. Discussion of Americanization removed as it did not fit the topic.

[Thread Cleaned]

My 2 cents on the topic is that teachers should not even be touching students nevermind licking them.