Mazda RX-8

hmm basically my dad wants a new sportish car (so does my bro and me and the whole family). the most value for money would be the RX-8 right now. the 350z is not practical cause my dad needs to put in his golf bag and its a 2 seater. he also dislikes the shape of the Evo 9 (oh man its so much faster and slightly more expensive).

i'm not in the US so is there any other car that i can look out for?

The Civic Type R is equally as fast as the RX but is more fun to drive.

Drives like a normal car until you get it in the vtec band then it's great!!

0 to 60 in 6.4 and top speed of 147mph all from a 2 litre normally aspirated.

dont compare civic with a good sportscar. type r or no type r.

there are better sporty hondas with vtec too.

anyhow RX-8 is a wicked car and if i weree you i woulld definately insist it is RX8 you will be getting ! :cool:

dont compare civic with a good sportscar. type r or no type r.

there are better sporty hondas with vtec too.

anyhow RX-8 is a wicked car and if i weree you i woulld definately insist it is RX8 you will be getting !?:cool::

586335756[/snapback]

There is only 1 better sporty Honda and that is the Integra Type R. From your comments you sure have not driven a Civic Type R at all.

To be blunt the RX8 is a bit of a girls / hairdressers car and it no where near matches the RX7. I would still go for the Civic Type R and it has won many awards to justify itself as a great drivers car.

hmm i just checked and i found out there's 6 models of the RX-8. oh man.

Type S Manual, Type E Auto, Basic Auto, Basic Manual, shinka manual and shinka auto (shinka's not available here)

my dad's not good with manual so i guess auto it is. whats the difference between the Type E and basic?

How about an RSX?

586335775[/snapback]

RSX is just the renamed version of Japan's Integra Type R and its not as fast.

RSX Type S has 201 bhp (Standard RSX has only 155bhp) and Integra Type R has just over 220bhp from 2 litres.

The RS4 is quicker as it has a a 375-hp, twin-turbocharged engine but the Audi A4 2.4 litre is quite a bit slower and in fact the Audi A4 3.0 Quattro is slower too with 6.9 seconds to 60mph and only 220bhp from the big heavy car. :

In my September Edition of Car and Driver, it says 4.8 seconds It is quite fast, I've always found Audis very fun to drive. I like the german feel of the road.

The RS4 btw has a 414hp engine!

Edited by Intelman

if you are considering / have considered the 350z, then you should also consider the infiniti g35 coupe

basically, it's like 350z but:

1. it's sportier, more so than the 350z

2. more luxurious

3. has room for 4 (or 5) people

4. costs roughly as much as the 350z

5. it's an infiniti

the back seats of the RX-8 are pointless... i dont think anyone can sit there anyways. And the driver and passenger sections are really small, im 6ft 195lbs and had a hard time getting comfortable in the car.

I've heard there really bad on oil, the rotary engine isn't as reliable as it is said to be.

Edit: I just read that your dad doesn't want the 350Z, then I'd suggest getting a Lexus IS350(the new ones)

lexus-is350-ny-1.JPG

But since it's a new car, I'd wait a couple of months for the reviews to pour in, the old IS300's are really nice cars aswell, but those are nothing compared to the new IS350.

;)

hmm the infiniti g35 (skyline coupe) is quite hard to find but it would be perfect if i could find a dealer and get the price. anyway the acura tsx (accord euro r) is kind of nice but he seems to be very biased against japanese looking cars (except maybe the RX-8 & 350z) for some reason.

Servicing is expensive on the RX8

SERVICE INTERVALS - What are the scheduled service times?

You can find this information in your Owner's Manual under 'Maintenance'. Mazda recommends vehicle servicing every 6 months or 10,000km or 6 months, whichever comes first. We strongly recommend that your vehicle is serviced every 6 months even though the 10,000 kilometres has not been reached. This will ensure that lubricants and parts which are susceptible to deterioration are replaced to maintain optimum long term reliability of your vehicle. Please note: some earlier model Mazda's had service intervals of 6 months/7,500km or 3 months/ 5,000km.