Mazda RX-8

nearly every car he's bought is a bloody SAAB. although i'm not complaining but its time for a fast car not another SAAB. he thinks japanese cars are made out of paper and will crumble like cookies.

we were out one day and my dad was saying something about leaving this nissan x-trail in the dust. but guess what. that crap jeep/car was faster.

nearly every car he's bought is a bloody SAAB. although i'm not complaining but its time for a fast car not another SAAB. he thinks japanese cars are made out of paper and will crumble like cookies.

we were out one day and my dad was saying something about leaving this nissan x-trail in the dust. but guess what. that crap jeep/car was faster.

586336045[/snapback]

Actually from what I know, Japanese cars pwn the crap out of most of the other brands, most of the German brands are having HUGE reliability problems(BMW), and American cars are oversized and have big engines.

At the moment, I'd say Toyota makes the best cars right now, there Lexus brand is the leader in luxury. :happy:

586336045[/snapback]

Japanese cars are very reliable, just like most things Japanese.

subaru impreza sti, it's comparable to the evo.

586335890[/snapback]

:yes:

The new BMW 5 series, beats the 350z off the mark and at the top end. Had one in my work yesterday, gorgeous.

586336246[/snapback]

BMW is last in reliability right now, mainly with there new models...

wow, i can't believe someone is trying to compare a honda to a rx8. heh.

586336360[/snapback]

:rolleyes: The Civic Type R and the RX8 are in the same bracket, same performance etc.

If you dont want your dad to sell the house, the SUV, and the boat just to afford the sportscar, get an Audi A4 1.8T. Buy the sportspackage and chip-mod it, and there you go, a fast, sporty, cool, 4 seated, big-trunked, notsuchabighitonyourdadswallet car. And trust me, I have one, and they're really great! :)

well... i understand where hes coming from because my GF is looking for a new car. Personally for the same money as the RX-8 Get a Dodge Charger with a Hemi.

Found them to be very quick and seats 4. Styling is very nice.. about 30 g probably what the RX-8 Cost. But for a Sporty 2 door car... hmm Honda 2000 is quick..

but no room for golf bags.. Infinity G35 would be a better choice then the Nissian 350z i was reading about how its a little more money for a big jump in quality.

Those are the only ones i can think of

Import a Mustang GT, will cost you about ?20k. Which is cheap for an amazing car. about ?15k for the car, then ?5k for the import duties, haulage etc. Top Gear recommended it xD

the back seats of the RX-8 are pointless... i dont think anyone can sit there anyways. And the driver and passenger sections are really small, im 6ft 195lbs and had a hard time getting comfortable in the car.

586335987[/snapback]

They are probably just there for Insurance purpose.

He said he was looking for a car under $30,000, not $50,000 + options.

RX8 is a great car and handles great. The extra high RPM range is awesome and it is a pretty powerful car. Since it's a rotary, the mileage isn't great but don't think this matters much in a sports car. This car isn't unreliable, especially since it's NA.

S2000. 2 seater but probably the best handling car you can buy for the money. It's also a convertible and has Honda reliability.

G35/350z. Both are basically the same cars. 350Z is a little sportier (2 seats, smaller, 200 pounds less) but mechanically they're almost exactly the same. G35 has a few luxury touches, but it's still not a luxury car. These are more GT cars than sports cars. But I doubt you're looking to race on a track, so it shouldn't matter much.

Evo. Sedan with AWD and turbo. Mitubishi reliability isn't too good and I've heard they provide sh1tty warranty/service or none at all. Powerful car though.

STI. See above.

RSX Type-S. You may have the Type-R in your country, which is better. The R comes with a very mod friendly K20A engine (better than the K20A2 we get with the Type S). Best of all, this car is fairly cheap, responds well to mods, is very reliable, and yet still sporty.

Civic Type-R. Not available in the US, but this should also be a very good choice. The Civic SI we have here isn't too much of a performer.

Mazda Miata. Amazing, amazing sports car. Although it's probably too small. You should try it out though; it's serious handler.

Just made a small list of what you could get. Personally, I'd pick the RSX or Civic R in your situation. They're very cheap for the performance and reliability you get. Plus you will money left to mod it to make it better.

woah thanks for the great round up and comparison. lol the prices of cars here are simply outrageous cause of the government tax. i'm sure its the highest in the world. even the price of a nissan sunny/toyota altis is about $40k.

the price of the RX-8 is about $64k and thats the cheapest already. tax is about $10k, road tax another few $k, insurance... oh man. if only i were in the US. i could be driving around in a Porsche/Ferrari already. :cry:

A RX-8 in my nice car its got decent horsepower and its little different then most cars out there.

A g35 will run you more, with more power. A RX8 has a near 50/50 weight distrubtion. That is heavenly.

Now for all those speaking about Civics. Please no offense but FWD yuck. Go drive a RWD.

What country are you in? $64,000 for an RX-8 is pretty damn outrageous. You could get a loaded M3 for that money or a Porsche Carrera. I most definitely would not spend $64K on a damn RX-8. The FD3S RX-7 is such a better car, even though it's a previous generation. But, these rotaries are seriously unreliable and require expertise and maintence - or just money to have someone do it for you.

But wow, that's seriously overpriced.

The G35 and the 350Z are like $10-15,000 more than the RX-8, so I believe those are out of the list.

586338433[/snapback]

RX-8 6MT base is around $28,000. 350Z 6MT base is around $27,000. G35 base is around $32,000. Not too much of a difference.

Golemn, no doubt RWD is more fun, but FWD can be real good handlers too. I highly doubt this guy is looking for a pure performer, so some of the cheaper cars will be more than enough for him.

A double rotary engine really only has 4 moving parts. They really arent to hard to work on, but that voids the warrenty. It all depends on the price of the RX8 your dad is quoted for if it is a good deal. Yeah a must have for the Rx8 would be the manual the auto has far less horsepower.