virtual resolution on windows xp

is it possible to have a virtual resolution on windows xp

i.e. the resolution is bigger then your monitor/screen's resolution, producing a sliding effect?

With my nVidia application, I can make up my own resolution and it will let you scroll around the desktop. Just change the resolution to native and it will return to normal.

The ATi drivers do that, I think you have to uncheck "hide modes this monitor can't display" (something like that, can't check at the moment).

the reason i needed it: i, for one liked it, and i have parents who often look over my shoulder at what im doing, and sometimes use the computer, but arn't smart enough with a computer to realize that something may be hidden

it gets rather annoying when they ask about people im talking to or read about plans that i'm making

my friend had it on his computer i believe but again, he was running an ATi, i have an NVidia, so i was just wondering

not something absolutly needed but i was just hoping that it was possible

Dude then you only need virtual desktops and even if they had "average" parent understanding of computers they wouldn't even think about asking you to flip desktops.

• 2 years later...
yeah, i had virtual desktops...its not my favorite

I know How!!! I use that to work with Non Linear Video Edittion in one Monitor!!! My desktop resolution are: 2880x900x32

IN THE NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage Custom Resolutions

1: Set -> Allow modes not exposed by the display

2: Click on CREATE

3: Set -> Back-End Parameters -> Timing Standard -> Manual

? You don't need to change nothing here!!! But... you need to SET: MANUAL at first !!!! To the new resolution keep the same Pixel Aspect Ratio of your Default Resolution... or your Desktop will be Stretched!!!!

4: Set -> Horizontal Desktop Pixels

5: Set -> Vertical Desktop Pixels

Test... Apply... And Change your Resolution!!!

Good Luck!!!

post-254580-1213988864_thumb.jpg

post-254580-1213988886_thumb.jpg