What are you playing?

how's that joystick working out in 2015? I remember having a difficult time moving around with one in decent condition.

It works as well as I remember from back in the day. Of course, even then I thought the joysticks could stand a little improvement. But that's all part of the vintage gaming experience!

Ghost Recon Advanced warfighter & Ghost Recon Advanced warfighter 2.

Medal of Honor & Medal of Honor Warfighter

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit

Halflife and Halflife 2

Arma 2 collection (Private military Company and so on...)

Hitman blood money, Absolution and Sniper challenge

Through steam;

Left 4 Dead 2

Sniper Elite 2 & 3, Zombie Army

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2

Max Payne: the fall of max payne

Call of Duty modern warfare

Tomb Raider Anniversary

• Super Street Fighter II The New Challengers
  • Fantasy Zone II
  • OutRun 2 SP (Xbox via Xbox 360)
  • Chase H.Q.
  • Ridge Racer Revolution
  • Minecraft (Windows 10)
  • Minecraft (XBLA)

Battlefield 2, WRC 5, Counter Strike: Source, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series, Euro Truck Simulator 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly just World of Warcraft, it is all I have time for since i not only work full time but also go to class in the evenings.  Mostly I just heal so I can get into raids or dungeons pretty fast.  I will probably try the new Call of Duty when it comes out but really that is about it.  

Solo on PS4:  Mad Max (until Fallout 4 comes out)

"couch" Coop with girlfriend on PS4:  Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (replaced Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition as our "couch" coop game of choice... for now)

With groups (3+ local players) on PS4:  Rock Band 4

PC when TV/PS4 is taken by gf (yes, we only have one TV in the house):  Wasteland 2 Directors Cut

• Like 1

Project Cars and restarted Wolfenstein New World order again since upgrading to W10, much smoother :) 

nothing else is keeping my attention, played way too many hours of BF4 and its leaving me a bit bored now (500hrs mp)

• 3 weeks later...

play on PS4...

couch co-op with my wife: Diablo 3 RoS

solo playing Far Cry 4.  There's so much to do but gets lonely out there. lol.  I think I'm about 34% through the game.  If anyone is still playing this game, you're welcome to join me.

GTA: Vice City - it's not about the gameplay, and certainly not about the graphics, but damn do I love the radio stations. Despite having heard the soundtrack many times over, I could still spend hours just cruising through town listening to the tunes or heck, even the commercials. 

On 11/28/2015, 12:34:10, Sszecret said:

GTA: Vice City - it's not about the gameplay, and certainly not about the graphics, but damn do I love the radio stations. Despite having heard the soundtrack many times over, I could still spend hours just cruising through town listening to the tunes or heck, even the commercials. 

I downloaded the entire Chatterbox FM show from GTA3 and used to listen to it in the car.

battlefront has taken a bit of a back seat, I've discovered Dungeons II on steam, omfg its Dungeon Keeper/DK2 basically but better! (yes im showing my age)

• 1 month later...

Just split the cost of a Disney Infinity 3.0 starter pack and some figures with my cousin, with the intent of getting the whole family playing it.

Also picked up a few more vintage Atari games - Mario Brothers, Spider-Man, MASH, Empire Strikes Back. ESB is the best of that batch, as challenging as I remember it being when I was a kid!

Just started replaying Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and the original Perfect Dark on emulator.  I just received my Retrolink brand N64 controller clone in the mail and decided to give it a shot playing Zelda.  It's much better than playing with what is effectively a Playstation controller and assigning the C buttons to the 2nd joystick or something.  Games like Goldeneye are borderline impossible to play without the original controller because the slightest downward hint on the "C stick" while side stepping and all of a sudden you're side stepping and staring at the sky at the same time.  This "Retrolink" clone allows me to play my N64 games with the controller they were designed around, and so far playing OoT, it's very satisfying not accidentally switching items or trying to remember which shoulder button I mapped to "Z" if I sit it down and don't play for a couple of days, :p

I also ordered a Retrolink Atari joystick for my mom.  She's not much of a hardcore gamer, but she did love her old Atari 2600, and when our house burned she had the console, two joysticks and boxes on top of boxes of games.  Since it would probably run me a fortune to track down the hardware, I put an emulator on both her Windows 10 desktop and her Linux laptop and got her a USB clone of an Atari joystick to use with the emulator.

The only thing I had to do was open up the Mupen64Plus config and fix the settings for the D pad on my N64 one (replaced axis settings with hat up/down, etc.), but at least on Linux there was no driver install or anything, I just plugged it in and in the 3 seconds it took me to start the emulator it picked it up and worked with it, :-D

retrolink-n64.jpg

retrolink-atari.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ANNO 2205, DC Universe Online (USPC and PC Test in rotation), Total Domination (Facebook) and Total Domination: Reborn (Android), while waiting for Ashes of the Singularity to finish testing.

Just finished playing through OoT on emulator the other day.  Tried to make it a 100% play through.  I "think" I have everything; all 100 gold skultulas, all heart pieces, all 4 bottles, all 3 of the goddess spells (Nayru's Love, Din's Fire, and Farore's Wind), both the slingshot and fairy bow upgraded to hold 50 shots, fire and ice arrow, the biggoron's sword, etc.

Final fight

the_legend_of_zelda-019.thumb.png.9660fd

This, I think, is one of the saddest moments in the game, even though it's not really played up that much.  Mido never did really accept Link until he was already gone, and will have to live with that guilt in the future timeline.

the_legend_of_zelda-025.thumb.png.edc28a

Edited by Gerowen
  • Like 1

I always wondered about the ending to this game. At the end, Princess Zelda sends Link "home" to the time he's supposed to be in to live the childhood he missed out on, but the game ends with what appears to be the moment where Link and Zelda first meet. Is this some kind of an infinite loop where Link gets sent back in time just so he can meet Zelda and then get frozen and go fight Ganondorf over and over into infinity, or is this a moment where child Link and Zelda both remember everything that has happened and he is just going to visit her so they can grow up together after having defeated the King of Evil together?  Since Navi is not visible in the final scene, perhaps this is taking place after she has departed, and since young Link has memories of his future self whenever you go back in time on your own by planting the Master Sword (as indicated not only by gameplay, but acknowledged when the owl meets child Link in the spirit temple and tells him he has matured into an adult), I'm tempted to say that both Link and Zelda remember everything that has happened, but I always found the final scene of the game to be sort of up for interpretation.

the_legend_of_zelda-029.thumb.png.170209