What are you playing?

On 01/08/2022 at 07:09, SnoopZ said:

Have you played Guardians of the Galaxy as that's on PSN Extra with many other top games?

Plenty of games on their I want to try, think I need to finish Deliver us the Moon but this makes me a little motion sick.

I got stuck on a boss level, after spending 2-3 hours I could not beat this one arena - and frustration is not something I wanted so I stopped. I just quit. 

I might come back to it again and play on harder difficulty from scratch, so I will be better prepared and can lower the difficulty on this particular fight if needed, because it seems too overwhelming and I did not learn to manage the team effectively - playing on the easiest mode from start.

It really seemed like compared to all other fights that I aced with zero effort a first real challenge left me unprepared.

I would guess I was more then half way in for sure and yes I enjoyed it more then I expected, after I got used to the new looks...  Very decent game, thanks for reminding.

On 01/08/2022 at 07:09, SnoopZ said:

I need to finish Deliver us the Moon but this makes me a little motion sick.

Looking good and free in ps store.

Thanks! I will check it out. Completely missed it and it sounds tight up my valley. 

On 01/08/2022 at 05:11, Matthew S. said:

*cough* I really have the urge to re-watch Earth Worm Jim and replay the games as well at the moment...

Me too...  But I am don't think it will be as fun as it was 😉

I might give the games another go... After all, Sonic Origins game was fun after all those years. Made me replay Sonic 2 and 3 and finally play Sonic CD - which I wish I had as a child... But the CD attachment was too expensive and with so little games, I did not even try to get my parents to buy it for me.

Wish they did the same Origins type game for the Earthworm.

New TV show should still be in coming.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/earthworm-jim-animated-tv-series-1235114624/

• 3 weeks later...

Yakuza Like a Dragon

I played at least half of Yakuza games and spinoffs.

Most of them I played for free or cheap - and while I had fun... Never finished a single game and got bored.

This latest  entry - is turn based combat which I thought was a huge turn off.

Surprise - this is the first turn based game I liked in 20 years.

Everytime I get bored I find something else to do that is fun.

Even grinding is fun once you get to later chapters and have arena to grind.

Best Yakuza game so far (I liked Lost Judgement too but could not stick with it until the end)

Still playing Assassin's Creed Rogue on PS5, I try and Platinum them unless there are online trophies, but I'm finding it a bit of a drag this time so this maybe my last with AC games as it's taking far too long.

Deedlet in Wonder Labyrinth,  It's a pretty solid though not too hard, metroidvania type game.   If you got some time it's worth a go, and I'm a fan of the anime it's based off of so it was a easy choice since it is on Game Pass.

On 23/08/2022 at 13:02, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Yakuza Like a Dragon

I played at least half of Yakuza games and spinoffs..

Best Yakuza game so far (I liked Lost Judgement too but could not stick with it until the end)

Damn I wanted more Yakuza and I am now playing Yakuza 6 and it is also great. 

They were planning to switch to JRPG turn based battles, I guess, and the stance mechanic I did not care for was removed from fighting system.

I think Yakuza 6 is perfect Yakuza game.

I would have happily skipped the remakes of 1 and 2 and started from 6.  Remakes are nice but the fighting was not fun for me in all earlier titles - even lostjudgement was fun but I stopped half way as the fighting got annoying.

Anyone with PlayStation - check Yakuza 6 and Like a Dragon - I almost missed then. Like a Dragon is currently free with PlayStation plus and 6 is on huge sale.

Now if they only made Sleeping Dogs 2 - sleeping dogs was almost perfect for this type of game. But it was cancelled last I heard.

I might have to replay Sleeping Dogs next - to continue the Asian mafia storylines and fighting and misc other activities :)

Well, we bought a house in rural western Oklahoma and are in the middle of a total remodel. Stuck without a PC and only a phone right now and I really don't like to play games on my phone so I'm playing a few rounds of Four Against Darkness when I have a few minutes.  

• 3 weeks later...

Death Stranding Directors Cut PS5 seeing it's part of PS+ Extra, I thought I would be bored shitless but I'm really enjoying the chilled out pace although I had a little panic when I picked up a Thermal Nuclear Bomb as a piece of cargo by mistake and had to get rid of it in 20mins at a specific location, it felt like a Die Hard movie. Haha

Great game has anyone else enjoyed it?

• 2 weeks later...

Played through Hollow Knight, pretty late to the party on this one but I enjoyed it.  Even if it's torture as it progresses.  I really need to go back and finish Sniper Elite 5 so I can start something else.

If you have ps5 and have not completed the last of us more the. 2 times 

get The Last Of Us Part 1

i only played last of us once and did not finish the game even though I got very very far

the 2nd time remake called part 1 takes a great game and really makes it amazing.

no more too easy or too hard. So many amazing tweaks.

Yes, full price is very hard to bite when you paid before, but this game is worth it unless you already found the original game a perfection and beat it many times.

I will try to enjoy part 2 next but it is not quite the same. I really liked Joel character 

On 31/08/2022 at 08:27, Steffan said:

13 Sentinels on PS5

I tried it and it looked ridiculous 

Think it was good? I mean I lasted about 30-40 minutes before deleting this game.  I think I got it as part of ps play thing or something 

On 05/10/2015 at 13:38, DConnell said:

Oh yeah, and Berzerk!

berzerk.thumb.png.5c4217be770d726f40acad

Berzerk is such a great game on the 2600, love those sound effects. Tunnel Runner is another favorite of mine.

On 12/10/2015 at 11:37, .Ruby said:

how's that joystick working out in 2015? I remember having a difficult time moving around with one in decent condition.

There are modern PCBs with real micro switches you can buy now to upgrade them, but I much prefer the mighty Suncom TAC-2 joystick.

On 28/11/2015 at 12:34, Sszecret said:

GTA: Vice City - it's not about the gameplay, and certainly not about the graphics, but damn do I love the radio stations. Despite having heard the soundtrack many times over, I could still spend hours just cruising through town listening to the tunes or heck, even the commercials. 

My dad took us to Daytona Beach in 1984 and I vividly remember us driving through town one night with the windows down, the smell of the ocean and the neon and Ghostbusters was one of the songs I remember playing on the radio among others. It was such a unique and memorable experience; Vice City absolutely nailed it.

On 04/10/2022 at 22:52, E.Worm Jimmy said:

I tried it and it looked ridiculous 

Think it was good? I mean I lasted about 30-40 minutes before deleting this game.  I think I got it as part of ps play thing or something 

I really enjoyed it.  Portions of the story did get a little weird.  If you like Atlus style games then you would enjoy it.  I ended up getting the platinum trophy. 

• 1 month later...

God of war - Ragnarok

game of the year for sure

the story, characters, side quest and the sheer beauty of this world is amazing

also the gameplay they can go from almost walking simulator to souls like intensity.

there is pretty much everything in one sleek package with very little they have not thought of.

• 4 weeks later...

Currently playing through the previous God of War game on my Steam Deck. It's a shame it's probably gonna be a few years before Ragnarok comes to PC. Might just pick it up on my PS4 and stream it to my Deck :rofl: 

On 13/12/2022 at 16:24, Brandon H said:

Currently playing through the previous God of War game on my Steam Deck. It's a shame it's probably gonna be a few years before Ragnarok comes to PC. Might just pick it up on my PS4 and stream it to my Deck :rofl: 

Treat yourself to a PS5. 

• Haha 1