What are you playing?

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

It's an accessible RTT game for when I want to unwind. But I've played it so many times. I think I'll retire it this time.

For my next game, I have set my eyes on Blue Reflection.

Pokémon Scarlet - really good game minus the obvious performance issues.

I've finished the main game / most of the post game, just need to work on the Pokedex now which will take some time.

Playing through A plagues tale requiem with some halo infinite MP on the side. 

I don't know what I'll jump into next, have to check my backlog. 

On 17/12/2022 at 14:06, George P said:

Playing through A plagues tale requiem with some halo infinite MP on the side. 

I don't know what I'll jump into next, have to check my backlog. 

That game's poster reminds me of Grave of Fireflies by Studio Ghibli. Man, I don't want to watch that film ever again.

Very nearly platinumed Death Stranding Directors Cut on PS5 it's been a most expected awesome journey considering I thought I'd be bored shitless when I started it months ago!

• Thanks 1

Portal RTX

...soooo pretty.

Edit: and I'm done.  Forgot how short the game is.

Now playing Quake Dimension of the Past. 

FYI:  Amazon Prime gaming has Quake w/ “The Scourge of Armagon," “Dissolution of Eternity,” “Dimension of the Past,” and “Dimension of the Machine" for free.

On 16/12/2022 at 05:49, InsaneNutter said:

Pokémon Scarlet - really good game minus the obvious performance issues.

I've finished the main game / most of the post game, just need to work on the Pokedex now which will take some time.

Hit me up and we'll trade exclusives, I already have my violet dex at 239~ish caught

• Like 1

On 17/12/2022 at 15:04, SnoopZ said:

Very nearly platinumed Death Stranding Directors Cut on PS5 it's been a most expected awesome journey considering I thought I'd be bored shitless when I started it months ago!

Finally got Platinum with 250hrs playtime and the only game played over the last 3.5 months! It will be missed.

I have Influenza, 2 weeks and counting.

I played Monkey Island 1 last summer and now finished Monkey Island 2 & 3. Trying Return to Monkey Island now, apparently it's really good.

On 18/12/2022 at 08:31, Joni_78 said:

Trying Return to Monkey Island now, apparently it's really good.

It is - there was only one thing that upset me but I won’t spoil it.

I have been bored and wanted to play something new

i totally missed the outer worlds - when people said it was amazing I always though it was the outer wilds game they talk about which I did not like

outer wilds is like borderlands 1 and even better (I got sick of crazy amounts of loot in later versions)

And the cheesy alien world RPG got me hooked - playing though the expansions now - though some talk is too “politically correct” it is almost laughable- I enjoy a good laugh 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2022 at 18:04, SnoopZ said:

Now playing Horizon Forbidden West on PS5, it's a gorgeous looking game hope it is as good as the first.

It is

Mass Effect Legendary 

wow I am having totally different experience then when I tried ME2 and then Me1 afterwards 

me2 was good before and me1 was not

now everything is amazing - I enjoyed me1 like I could not before and playing me2 now 

It is real nice to have such improved games and playing them in a row with the same character

as I love sci fi - this is a treat I did not expect to be honest

Just finished Stray last night. Unbelievable game, albeit short.

I didn't expect it to be as gritty, yet beautiful as it is. Soundtrack is on point, and a few callbacks to HL2 as well that I certainly appreciated.

20230102154328_1.jpg

20230102154858_1.jpg

20230102182231_1.jpg

20230102185622_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 03/01/2023 at 20:16, dead.cell said:

Just finished Stray last night. Unbelievable game, albeit short.

I didn't expect it to be as gritty, yet beautiful as it is. Soundtrack is on point, and a few callbacks to HL2 as well that I certainly appreciated.

20230102154328_1.jpg

20230102154858_1.jpg

20230102182231_1.jpg

20230102185622_1.jpg

People who whine about Stray because it is a “walking simulator” and not dead souls like game just don’t get it

i loved stay for the atmosphere- story and gameplay were good enough to for me to keep exploring the world that fascinated me. 

I really enjoyed stray a lot. I am not sure it is a game to write more lore about - but for a few hours of pure wondering about it was fantastic 

ps. Almost done ME2 legendary and it is a lot of fun - now that I stared from the beginning and know the lore - everything seems more exciting- then jumping in ME2 with zero knowledge like I did last time or trying to catch up on me1 when it was super dated in graphics and controls already.

Last time I quit me3 early on because i did not feel the game - now if all my character decisions carry on - this will make so much more sense 

TLDR - Mass Effect Legendary- if you like sci-fi and did not already enjoy the games - it is a good time to try it out

i did not like the idea of constantly remaking games but in this case the remade trilogy makes perfect sense 

On 04/01/2023 at 12:22, E.Worm Jimmy said:

People who whine about Stray because it is a “walking simulator” and not dead souls like game just don’t get it

i loved stay for the atmosphere- story and gameplay were good enough to for me to keep exploring the world that fascinated me. 

I really enjoyed stray a lot. I am not sure it is a game to write more lore about - but for a few hours of pure wondering about it was fantastic 

ps. Almost done ME2 legendary and it is a lot of fun - now that I stared from the beginning and know the lore - everything seems more exciting- then jumping in ME2 with zero knowledge like I did last time or trying to catch up on me1 when it was super dated in graphics and controls already.

Last time I quit me3 early on because i did not feel the game - now if all my character decisions carry on - this will make so much more sense 

TLDR - Mass Effect Legendary- if you like sci-fi and did not already enjoy the games - it is a good time to try it out

i did not like the idea of constantly remaking games but in this case the remade trilogy makes perfect sense 

Totally agree. I actually need to finish the legendary trilogy. I stopped somewhere on the first game and never went back, but I was thoroughly enjoying the game. One of the last good Bioware games. I also need to finish DA: Origins for that matter. :p