What are you playing?

I'm currently playing through FF7: Remake on my Steam Deck/PC as the single player game of choice.

Multiplayer, I'm grinding out gold camos in MW2 :D 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished Persona 5 Royal, around 120 hours.   I enjoyed it overall though the day to day stuff you do to level up specific game systems does get annoying.  Thank god for the FFW button in newer JRPGs. 

On 19/01/2023 at 05:43, George P said:

Finally finished Persona 5 Royal, around 120 hours.   I enjoyed it overall though the day to day stuff you do to level up specific game systems does get annoying.  Thank god for the FFW button in newer JRPGs. 

Going to get Persona 3 and 4 that were released today?

On 19/01/2023 at 17:28, Steffan said:

Going to get Persona 3 and 4 that were released today?

Probably not.  I've got a habit of jumping to a different type of game after finishing one.    So no jrpg again.  I think I'll give high on life a go next and see what's next after. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished High On Life, it ws fun, felt like a throwback to older FPS games instead of newer hyper-real FPS we are getting now.    Time to try Hi-Fi Rush and then pick up something from my backlog.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/12/2022 at 23:04, SnoopZ said:

Now playing Horizon Forbidden West on PS5, it's a gorgeous looking game hope it is as good as the first.

Now Platinumed and trying to get back into The Last of US 2, after finding the motion sickness controls I hope I'll find it easier.

Just finished Fallout 4 main story myself... I want to 100% the game in its entirety, but I don't really want to do it out of force... Magnum Opus is a solid mod collection though for it, if anyone tries to go back and replay it. (look up Wabbajack for mod compilations, as it simplifies the process from manually downloading mods)

Guess the next move is to Hogwarts Legacy for a whole genre switch up. Too many people giving it rave reviews to pass it up. I've watched absolutely very little of it as to not spoil myself. 😛

• Like 1

Do NOT believe the hype about the Atomic heart

some critics are giving it 7-10

read user reviews - check the negative ones before buying - I would give it a 5 to be honest - the way it plays I had to quit after about 4-5 hours in. It is NOT FUN TO PLAY.

I wanted to love it - I have no complains with voice acting and dialog since I am playing Russian language - though I heard that just like Metro games the English is cringe - and this is most likely same

never mind that - the art style - graphics are wonderful and I can forgive bugs that require a restart from a save done 20 minutes ago - I am still OK with this

but the gameplay - combat is very very bad - the fighting is NOT fun - in fact a lot of indie shoots have got it way way better - it is not about skill - it is not fluid and it feels like someone never played the good shooters or did not learn anything from them

and puzzles are hit and miss

i give up and I think I totally wasted my money based on Critics reviews without waiting for user reviews and checking the negative ones

i am always there for the story and I can deal with minimal interaction - but to so throughly screw up a first person shooter- it is unexpected for the price of the game - wait for major sale before trying it out - maybe 🤔 they will fix the AI and bugs too with time 

huge disappointment-

playing Like A Dragon - Ishin now

since I got into Yakuza games in last 2 years and played the two latest and 2 remakes of the first games - I hope that my familiarly with combat will help and that the beautiful feudal Japan setting will rinse the bitter taste Atomic Heart left,

hope I will have fun gaming again

Screw the people who were responsible for gameplay (especially combat) in making Atomic heart - those guys failed while everyone else did a great job - yes I am still bitter

Right now I'm mostly having fun with Rogue AI Simulator and Far Cry 6.

I finally gave up on ever finishing Far Cry: New Dawn.  Ugh.  Maybe I will someday but it's been irritating me for probably well over a year now.

I watched the YouTube cutscenes movie of Atomic Heart and I really enjoyed it. 

Again it is clearly a talented team and it is fun - except the actual combat.

I don’t know some people think it is Ok but damn I enjoyed watching more then playing - outside of bosses and cutscenes - it is bad.

anyway I still recommend the game and the english translation is not bad now that I have seen it. Better then original Metro.

just not at the premium price.  I am playing on PS5 but I wonder if on PC it will have mods that fix the bugs and improve combat to make it fun and then it will be amazing - like Bioshock originally was (I did not play the remakes - wonder if I should…)

Anyone know more games like that? I guess I will look for more cyberpunk games (yeah yeah not the same but still) games after Like a Dragon switch up.

On 25/02/2023 at 15:58, Gerowen said:

Right this moment, watching my wife play Hogwarts: Legacy on the living room desktop PC.

4000-3000-max.thumb.jpg.1fab506faf80031e395efc859f6ca8ec.jpg

One day I will replay it as a different gender character from a different house. Not sure how much difference it will make but I will try on higher difficulty as the first run as on easy as I chose to rush through it for the story but I think I could enjoy combat more on higher level next time as I realize it is quite balanced and fun.

unlike Atomic Heart where even after switching to Easy it was not fun (for me) - it is was not the difficulty or the reaction speed needed but general feeling of not feeling right

On 25/02/2023 at 23:24, E.Worm Jimmy said:

I watched the YouTube cutscenes movie of Atomic Heart and I really enjoyed it. 

Again it is clearly a talented team and it is fun - except the actual combat.

I don’t know some people think it is Ok but damn I enjoyed watching more then playing - outside of bosses and cutscenes - it is bad.

anyway I still recommend the game and the english translation is not bad now that I have seen it. Better then original Metro.

just not at the premium price.  I am playing on PS5 but I wonder if on PC it will have mods that fix the bugs and improve combat to make it fun and then it will be amazing - like Bioshock originally was (I did not play the remakes - wonder if I should…)

Anyone know more games like that? I guess I will look for more cyberpunk games (yeah yeah not the same but still) games after Like a Dragon switch up.

I'm playing it right now and have no issue with the combat itself,  one thing that you might want to do is lower the camera shake down, which I did.  That makes the movement smoother.  Only issue I have is that the FOV is low, but there's a FOV setting being added. 

• Like 2

On 28/02/2023 at 10:46, George P said:

I'm playing it right now and have no issue with the combat itself,  one thing that you might want to do is lower the camera shake down, which I did.  That makes the movement smoother.  Only issue I have is that the FOV is low, but there's a FOV setting being added. 

Did you notice how bad the platforming was? Or did you also just went with it and ignored how it could have been much better 

I mean, Quake did it better in 90s 

but the rest of the game IS what I expected it - just sloppy combat and horrible platforming 

anyway it is a great start for a FIRST GAME for the company

By the way I finally tried to get in final fantasy games but it seems just bad (played the recent remake)

is it something that you need to grow up with only to like it?!?

Tactics is different from the other Final Fantasy games.  It's more like Fire Emblem where you have the role playing elements with less of a world to explore.  I'm sure someone will come by and explain it better.  You have to enjoy the grind that comes with RPG to enjoy Final Fantasy games.  My favorite two in the series are IX and X (turned based RPG).  It took me a while to grasp action based RPG like XV and the remakes.  Maybe play some turn based RPG like Persona or FFX.

On 28/02/2023 at 18:14, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Did you notice how bad the platforming was? Or did you also just went with it and ignored how it could have been much better 

I mean, Quake did it better in 90s 

but the rest of the game IS what I expected it - just sloppy combat and horrible platforming 

anyway it is a great start for a FIRST GAME for the company

The platforming is rough sure but it's secondary, not a key part of the game.   If you just do the main story and none of the testing grounds which are optional I think you only come across one forced platforming section. 

A wider FOV would help with that as well.  I think most of the issues are down to the default view being set so small.   But you brought up the combat originally.  Once I got used to it and found the right method the combat is a breeze now. 

On 28/02/2023 at 10:02, Steffan said:

Final Fantasy Tactics on WiiU VC

Hell yeah man, I just found my physical copy for PS1 when I was packing up boxes getting ready to move. FFT was also on the list of leaks from Nvidia, the same list that had Chrono Cross on it and other titles, that did seem to be legit in upcoming titles.

I can only hope they don't butcher a release to PC/Switch like they did with CC, as they basically did nothing until a recent update a year after the fact...

On 28/02/2023 at 10:17, E.Worm Jimmy said:

By the way I finally tried to get in final fantasy games but it seems just bad (played the recent remake)

is it something that you need to grow up with only to like it?!?

Every game is different, from setting to gameplay in a lot of ways. I'm not exactly a fan of anything after 12 (excluding the MMOs) myself, but FFXVI looks like it will be solid, maybe taking cues from FromSoftware with a darker setting. I think it's supposed to drop this year? Can't remember, but if you haven't found much interest, I wouldn't sweat it.

FFT though is definitely the FireEmblem or maybe Tactics Ogre style. Great music, great story imo... but probably not something I'd recommend for someone who doesn't like turn-based games or strategy.

Finished Atomic Heart, saw both endings, the canon one leaves things open for more as you would expect.  Still early and I don't know if they're going to do DLC but if they do a sequel I'm here for it.  I like this alternate scifi history story they have going.

I've now got Wo Long pre-installing so it's ready to go for tomorrow.  

On 28/02/2023 at 17:15, George P said:

Finished Atomic Heart, saw both endings, the canon one leaves things open for more as you would expect.  Still early and I don't know if they're going to do DLC but if they do a sequel I'm here for it.  I like this alternate scifi history story they have going.

ooh I forgot that was coming thanks.

I am literally in the middle of 70 million games at this point...the curse of the new GPU :p :)

On 28/02/2023 at 18:15, George P said:

Wo long is made by ninjas

i would love to like it but the difficulty is lost dark souls - I don’t have time or patience to suffer enough to get good

On 01/03/2023 at 04:16, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Wo long is made by ninjas

i would love to like it but the difficulty is lost dark souls - I don’t have time or patience to suffer enough to get good

I'll play with it and see how it goes.