What are you playing?

Started playing The Last of Us on PS5. Also jumping in and out of Spiderman: Remastered

It's been a long time since I've been so invested in a story. Aside from the great locations. I love the change up in pace with the stealth for the various enemies. 

Well, I tried.  Spent the better part of the day trying to play Wo Long but nope.  I can't get a hold of the deflect timing for the life of me.  And the game depends on you using it or else. 

I'm to old I guess.   Oh well, it was a nice try via game pass so I didn't lose anything other than time. 

I'll just have to go back to my backlog and find something else. 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2023 at 09:34, George P said:

Well, I tried.  Spent the better part of the day trying to play Wo Long but nope.  I can't get a hold of the deflect timing for the life of me.  And the game depends on you using it or else. 

I'm to old I guess.   Oh well, it was a nice try via game pass so I didn't lose anything other than time. 

Reminds me of when I tried Metroid Dread, stopped playing after I could not get the quick time events for the damn robot that chases you around. Shame on me for expecting a good classic 2d metroid adventure I guess.

On 03/03/2023 at 09:37, PmRd said:

Reminds me of when I tried Metroid Dread, stopped playing after I could not get the quick time events for the damn robot that chases you around. Shame on me for expecting a good classic 2d metroid adventure I guess.

Nintendo is adding Metroid Fusion to NSO next week Metroid Fusion is coming to Nintendo Switch Online next week - The Verge

On 03/03/2023 at 09:34, George P said:

I tried the demo on ps5 - because I love rural Japan but could not enjoy it.

I was hoping for more ghost of Tsushima - but I should have know better considering it is team ninja

at least I am liking

Like a Dragon Ishin

- combat like that is way more fun for me

On 03/03/2023 at 08:37, PmRd said:

That's weak, I didn't know that game had QT events... :/

I am hyped to try Metroid Prime again. Maybe it's rose-tinted glasses, but it was one of the few games I beat on autopilot, simply because I found the world captivating. Real question is whether it holds up at $40...

Say hello to my little friend! (i.e. Scarface (2006) on PC) ;)

I missed it back when it was new. but got a hold of a old Wii probably years ago now, played it a bit on there, but never finished it (as a general rule I avoid shooter games on consoles as a mouse is superior for aiming quickly). then late last year I 'obtained' a PC copy online, applied some tweaks to it so it runs on more modern hardware (it works on Linux through Wine as I normally use Lutris etc but in this games case it does not like Lutris but works on stock Wine), and played it on PC a bit in Oct 2022. but I think I am going to get back into it soon.

p.s. anyone who has seen Scarface (1983) and is a little familiar with MTV Cribs will probably like this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RXLa83Ba78

Edited by ThaCrip

I'm currently addicted to the Deep Space remake - Not sure how the hell I missed it the first time but absolutely loving it!!!
If you're a fan of Prey, System Shock, Event Horizon stuff like that then I highly recommend it...

• Like 2

Returned to playing Showrunner in addition to BeamNG, Forza Horizon 5, and periodically Minecraft. Also want to get back into MSFS, but my SSD is not sure about that.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2023 at 14:07, TarasBuria said:

Returned to playing Showrunner in addition to BeamNG, Forza Horizon 5, and periodically Minecraft. Also want to get back into MSFS, but my SSD is not sure about that.

Tell your SSD to ###### off and "let me fly dammit!" lol

• 3 weeks later...

I finally am deep in red dead redemption 2 -  the game bored the hell out of me (just like the rdr1 - never got anywhere in it)

but now that I dedicated time to actually learn the game - damn I am having grand time in it

still too long - I am stuck at home with a broken leg so I put 140 hours into it so far in one month time - but the end is not in sight yet (might be on one of the final mission I hope)

first 10 hours felt wasted time - next 40 were amazing 🤩 

then i got all the best guns and horses and it became a bit repetitive 

——————-

on the side note: I think I am days away from beating it bad I will not stick around for more side quests or online crap 

is CYBERPUNK GOOD NOW?

I bought it on release date and then gave it my best for 2 days only to quit it with severe dissatisfaction- did they get it good with the updates?

some starting videos and gameplay was amazing for me only to find out the gameplay feels like 💩 when I got to explore the open world

is driving OK now? At least this they should have fixed I hope.

It sucked to badly when I played I wanted to ignore cars completely but instead just quit the game

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing GhostWire Tokyo, my kind of single player game.  The slow methodical grind around the city trying to find all the side stuff.   Also jumping into Halo Infinite MP off and on.  I finished the event pass, still have more to do for the season 3 battle pass but it shouldn't take long.

Got back into Diablo Immortal.

I love the series and I don't think that IV is worth $70+ so I'll just get my fix in the free one for now.

Playing it on PC... I don't like playing on a phone.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Ghostwire Tokyo, good overall, shame they couldn't patch the unsteady frame times though.  But I liked it, story resonated with me since I lost my grandmother back in March.    Also jumped in and played some Halo Infinite again, finished the s3 battle pass last night.  I won't have much time to play s4 though due to work.

Right now I've switched over to playing a smaller indie, The Last Case of Benedict Fox.  

Anyone looked at or played Bramble The Mountain King? Looks to be in a similar vein to Limbo, Inside, or Little Nightmares. Saw Lirik playin it on Twitch over the weekend and it looked amazing...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1623940/Bramble_The_Mountain_King/

Currently playing WoW Classic with an old friend. Supposedly, they're looking to bring a hardcore mode to Classic, given the popularity it's been getting recently. Seems Blizzard has also been hiring people on specifically for WoW Classic, which I'm unsure what that means for the future of Classic. Retail is still a complete mess, despite all the good they've done to try to get it in a better state. Seems they should've started trying to listen to players maybe 5-6 years ago when it would've mattered more.

It's actually hilarious reading the guild chat these days, when people are talking about IRL cooking recipes and help with male pattern baldness, compared to the days when everyone was a snot nosed teenager. :laugh: 

On 04/05/2023 at 05:39, George P said:

Just finished Ghostwire Tokyo, good overall, shame they couldn't patch the unsteady frame times though.  But I liked it, story resonated with me since I lost my grandmother back in March.    Also jumped in and played some Halo Infinite again, finished the s3 battle pass last night.  I won't have much time to play s4 though due to work.

Right now I've switched over to playing a smaller indie, The Last Case of Benedict Fox.  

Sorry to hear that man, I just lost my grandmother in November and that was hard to say the least. Hope your family is well!

• Like 2

On 14/04/2023 at 15:53, SnoopZ said:

Trying to Platinum Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection for PS5 now they added it to PS+

Finally got the Platinum, now giving Kena Bridge of Spirits ago.

Playing Jedi Survivor on ps5

serious amount of little (not game breaking, but highly confusing) bugs

i expected better - guide points pointing wrong - showing you to go back when you need to move on…

Game telling you to press R2 instead of L2 to progress…. Come on…

and I have seen YouTube video repeating it on other console

so WTF - no one noticed such obvious things through testing a major AAA Star Wars game? Yes if you play enough games , what to do next is obvious - but if you follow what the game tells you to do exactly you will be stuck and confused!

I wonder if they will fix those ones or just ignore them as minor if gamers not notice them.

for all the accessibility options available - for a triple A game to use them in such way that gives wrong directions is a bit iffy in my book… not cool at all, as you really cannot rely on them at all - you still have to just go with gut instinct and press on opposite of what games tell you to do.

I respected them for giving so many accessibility options but giving them broken 😡 is just a damn joke, even if it is not often happens