What are you playing?

10 hours ago, George P said:

I keep hearing that about RDR2, it's hours lost not doing much, from what I gather.

It's certainly a narrative-oriented game. You've got to appreciate the time setting and relationships - the Wild West is coming to an end, and your band of outlaws are trying to pull off that final job that will set them up for the rest of their days while your character is leaning more towards setting up for a quiet life. There's some repetition insofar as you get sucked into a heist, it doesn't pan out so you need to move your camp to the next location, but that's there to push you around the map. You get to see your relationship with the gang change throughout.

As you can maybe tell, I thought it was an incredible game. Even though I've completed the main story, I still go back to it now and again to roam around, do a spot of fishing or play a game of poker in town. A funny little thing that threw me not too long ago was when I was heading into St. Denis for a game of poker and someone called out to me. I went over to them and it turned out to be an old friend from the gang. Like my character, they had moved on from the posse and started a new life for themselves. This was after I had completed the story, and it gave me a real sense that the world had continued to evolve even though the main narrative was finished. I'm not sure I've had that feeling in any other game.

I might start a new game when I get back to my Playstation. It's got to be one of my favourites from the last decade.

Well decided to run through some more of my backlog till CP2077.  Just finished Close to the Sun, short and nice looking indie game I got for free off of EGS.  

Jumping back to Game Pass and am installing Gears Tactics atm.  I'm not big on that type of game but I'll give it a go till my Series X hits and I jump over to that for some Jedi Fallen Order via GP Ultimate and EA Play.   By the time EA Play is added to the PC side of Game Pass I think CP2077 will be out so.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Gears tactics done, longer than I thought it would be but pretty fun even though tactics type games aren't my thing.  Also finished Jedi Fallen Order, hope they do a sequel because I enjoyed it, and the story has me wanting some more.  Don't actually know what I'll start next since I expected to have Cyberpunk ready to go by now.   Guess I'll find something else to squeeze in till then.

8 hours ago, Circaflex said:

The Division 2; found an old friend of mine who plays so we usually get a few hours in each day.

Pretty sure I have the first one free from Ubisoft, wondering if I can run through it solo real quick just to get the story bits before I end up playing 2?

On 22/11/2020 at 01:08, George P said:

Pretty sure I have the first one free from Ubisoft, wondering if I can run through it solo real quick just to get the story bits before I end up playing 2?

I am sure; I never finished 1 and love 2 so far. I believe it is on sale for 9.99 through ubisoft right now, if its not on sale, wait a few weeks as it usually returns.

edit: yea its still on sale, 9 bucks here

Been playing through the Halo games on PC the last few weeks. Part way through Halo 4 now and sad that 343 seems to have no intention of bringing Halo 5 to PC even though Infinite will be coming to PC.

So PC only players like me will have to watch a playthrough or be faced with having a gap in story :/

Jumping into some smaller games till Cyberpunk. Almost done with Aragami, I'm a fan of the slow stealth gameplay, trial and error etc. 

After watching a couple of groups playing online I decided to get Among Us. Next thing I know several hours have gone by and I've been having a blast. The only slight issue is the number of people that quit the moment something takes too long. Even in a party of 10 people the moment the game starts you might only be a group of 6. Is anyone else playing it? We could maybe organise a Neowin game some time?

I also noticed that the Command & Conquer Remaster was on sale, so I've picked that up. I'm quite surprised to see that it's going to be about 20GB of space!

After many hours of The Witcher 3, including playing with mods, I am now playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. I am really liking it so far, the music and graphics are very good, the story line is a bit weak, but overall a decent game!

• 2 weeks later...

Still have some time till Cyberpunk I'm playing through Recore on my Xbox through Game Pass.

Managed to get through Arkham Knight last week, just before Cyberpunk turned up. 

Arkham Knight - Really enjoyable, I was a little sceptical how the larger world would work coming from the first two games, but they did a great job. Will dip back into it every now and then to try and get 100% on it.

On 24/11/2020 at 12:45, Nick H. said:

After watching a couple of groups playing online I decided to get Among Us. Next thing I know several hours have gone by and I've been having a blast. The only slight issue is the number of people that quit the moment something takes too long. Even in a party of 10 people the moment the game starts you might only be a group of 6. Is anyone else playing it? We could maybe organise a Neowin game some time?

I don't own Among Us currently but I'd totally be willing to pick it up to play with you guys some time :)