Users blame Microsoft for Zotob attacks

Does anyone ever bother thinking if Microsoft hadn't told users about this problem, if Zotob would have even existed? I mean, because SP2 is at LEAST a year old, and yet, Zotob sprung a week after Microsoft announced specifically where these holes are that make such a virus work.

586408450[/snapback]

It is trivial to compare a patched component and a fixed component. Or are you suggesting that microsoft simply not patch the problem and hope nobody else finds it?

Do you have ANY programming experience whatsoever? No? I didn't think so.

The number of bugs in software rises exponentially with the size/complexity of the software. Do you have the slightest idea how complicated an operating system is and how many hundreds or thousands of components there are to manage? All the money in the world can't make a flawless operating system. It takes thousands of designers, programmers, testers, and most importantly time to find and fix bugs in a piece of software that size.

586404922[/snapback]

I agree, I was around when we had to copy programs out of a book and every i had to be dotted all t's crossed, a period in place of a comma was a bug that would stop the program from running, or a space in the wrong place. Sometimes it took days to debug a simple program like darts. I took Computer Programming and one of the first little projects we had to do was make the game Tic-Tat-Toe from scratch in Basic. Took me almost a month to get it right. The Computer either won or tied every game and with a line change then it played random winner. Before you yell to much just do a little programming and see how easy it is and don't go grab a ready made program to do it for you with wizards, try an old Basic program.

Cody

it takes people to find the flaws and either patch them or exploit them. Many problems are found by security companies and they report them to microsoft. it takes a lot of time to find these flaws. There are flaws in everything; IE, OSX, *nix, even Firefox. You just need to find them.

And to those who don't realize the program complexity of Windows... it isn't easy to find flaws in the 3 million+ lines of code that Windows has. A slight mod like a extra space, period, equal, w/e can crash the whole system. If you have a flaw, and find it, you cannot believe that you didn't get it in the first place.

The writers of Windows have to deal with all the stress mounted on them because of idiots who don't patch their systems and complain that it was Microsoft's fault for attacks on their machines, or say that Windows has the most flaws compared to other Operating Systems.

The latest OSX update contained many fixed flaws... Why? Because OSX isn't a fortress.

I bet that more than half of those who blame Microsoft for their flaws are computer noobs who don't know and/or understand how to program a basic program. Honestly, I believe they have no reasoning behind their accusastions.