Have you met anyone on the internet?

84 members have voted

1. 1. Have you met anyone on the internet?

• Yes
    • No

Now what I mean is have you ever met anyone in person that you know on the internet. So far I've met 4 people, 3 of which I've known for over 2 years and one of which I'm engaged to after living together for the past year and a half.

yup met up with a few people for "business" in my local area, the worlds quite a small place :)

its kind of scary meeting someone from the internet :)

Yes. I've met 8 people that I knew from IRC...even had sexual relations with one of them. Never had a serious relationship with anyone off the 'net though.

Yes. Infact i was overseas just last month for a week visiting with my lady friend. We met four years ago and have been talking almost every day since. We hit it off the moment we first met. To this very day it is still amazing to me the circumstances under which we found each other. This person would have to be my perfect match in every way possible. I don't think there is another person that understands me a well as what she does. We share a mutual love and understanding for each other which is unlike anything i have ever experienced. THe beauty of an online relationship is that we learn so much more about the person ad we are not influenced by such things as height, or weight, or skin color etc... None of that should matter anyhow. You share yourself with each other on a much deeper level because you have to, to be understood. It was who she is i fell in love with, rather than "what" she is and that is the way it should be.

I loved her long before we finally met.

Other than that though, i have met several friends from overseas the past few years.

Originally posted by Keldyn

Yes. Infact i was overseas just last month for a week visiting with my lady friend. We met four years ago and have been talking almost every day since. We hit it off the moment we first met. To this very day it is still amazing to me the circumstances under which we found each other. This person would have to be my perfect match in every way possible. I don't think there is another person that understands me a well as what she does. We share a mutual love and understanding for each other which is unlike anything i have ever experienced. THe beauty of an online relationship is that we learn so much more about the person ad we are not influenced by such things as height, or weight, or skin color etc... None of that should matter anyhow. You share yourself with each other on a much deeper level because you have to, to be understood. It was who she is i fell in love with, rather than "what" she is and that is the way it should be.

Other than that though, i have met several friends from overseas the past few years.

awww bless. It's completely true though about the getting to know someone on a deeper level type thing

yeah i got a few, took a long time to actually get em to do it, now its all cool! we're good friends :)

hehe, yeah. me too.... i've met alot (like over 40)... so recently as today. Some girls from a yahoo chatroom came over to visit and they're all cool. I'm hoping to meet with 2 people in particular soon tho and one of them i know for sure we'll meet cuz the day is already set but i just gotta wait.. the other is just, well... she's a lil shy but she wants to tho. Just waiting for the right moment i guess.

here's thes shy one..... (and no it's here neice in the picture)

ek_2_3---4.jpg?pfWb4J9A6_a9Algw

hope that works...

aww... well does she have a sister? HEHE, how umm (clears his throat) "young" are you Keldyn? ;) I'm only 21 but someone up to the age of 24 may do...

Originally posted by SHoTTa35

aww... well does she have a sister? HEHE, how umm (clears his throat) "young" are you Keldyn? ;) I'm only 21 but someone up to the age of 24 may do...

Haha. Yes...I can see it now...She'll love that i'm sure:P

I met my fiance online... we met january last year through a shared friend (who I've never met in person) with no thoughts of a serious relationship, just being friends. In about may things got a bit more serious with both of us admitting having feelings for the other. She was here in april for 2 weeks and we had a great time and got along even better in person than over the net (if that's possible). I'll be heading over to visit her (she lives in upstate NY) in late september for her birthday (my birthday was in april) then hopefully we'll get married early next year ;) .

Just for the record, I'm 21y.o. (who works on a IT helpdesk and sells webhosting on the side) living in a south-western suburb of Sydney, Australia and she's a 33y.o. (who owns and runs a video store, but has plans for bigger things - and has a business degree) living in a small town in upstate NY, USA.

i have never met anyone from the internet. the tee vee tells me not to. actually, i never got into chatting online very much. i used to. it's awesome really, but i've only made a few friends through chatting and that was when i had aol. since dropping aol, i haven't contacted them. what a rotten scumbag. :disappoin

it's a bit hard actually, i used to chat with them in the wee hours of the morning. i don't stay up so late to chat anymore. :old:

never,.. had this email thing going with some girl from cube once though... forget the detail but she started to freak me out with her "huggs kiss and blah blah blah..." she'd include in her emails. Worse, she would talk about how she couldn't wait till the day we meet, talking about how we were soul mates... dunno where she got those kinda ideas from... AHH! I think it was from a yahoo chat room she started buggin me from... since then i never set foot in a yahoo chatroom.

some people just scare you. :s

I met my gf on the net too, didn't realize there were so many others on here :p

she's from california, i'm from michigan. we've been together for 18 months. i agree with what you guys say :)

best of luck to everyone.

Originally posted by bayrider

ive met a gang of hoes online

If that is the kind of respect you show for women, you will undoubtedly live a very lonely life...:s

Originally posted by Keldyn

This person would have to be my perfect match in every way possible. I don't think there is another person that understands me a well as what she does. We share a mutual love and understanding for each other which is unlike anything i have ever experienced. THe beauty of an online relationship is that we learn so much more about the person ad we are not influenced by such things as height, or weight, or skin color etc... None of that should matter anyhow. You share yourself with each other on a much deeper level because you have to, to be understood. It was who she is i fell in love with, rather than "what" she is and that is the way it should be.

I don't think I'd want to try to say it any better than that. Actually, to be honest, I don't think I could..its too sappy for me to actually be able to say it (to anyone other than my gf heh), but thats exactly how I feel too.

At any rate..she lived in Alberta and me in Ontario (canada eh)..we'd been talking for 2 years. we visited each other 5 times over that for about a week at a time. She moved to live with me on April 12th of this year. I haven't been happier in my life.

Yep :)

I from Sydney, Australia but as I type this i'm in Miami, USA visiting my GF. We've known each other just over a year now from chatting on ICQ and I agree 100% with what Keldyn said. :)