Pat Robertson calls for assassination

What about baby killers? You know those that kill unborn children? Let's send them to G'itmo too!

586425922[/snapback]

to be 100% fair that's legal in the states

What about baby killers? You know those that kill unborn children? Let's send them to G'itmo too!

586425922[/snapback]

nope...there aint enuf space to hold so many people there :p

untitled3jb.th.jpg

:rolleyes:

but then he "denies"

Robertson denies Chavez assassination call

WASHINGTON, Aug. 24 (UPI) -- Pat Robertson said Wednesday that reports he supports the assassination of the Venezuelan president were taken out of context, CNN reports.

sciencedaily.com

Edited by ripgut

"I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take him out.' And 'take him out' can be a number of things, including kidnapping; there are a number of ways to take out a dictator from power besides killing him.

Source

Still wrong.

^^Well, in fact, I do believe they were taken out of context.  Methinks it was sarcasm that went too far.

--and I am not a Pat Robertson fan, mind you.

586427591[/snapback]

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it."

I just don't see how that could be taken out of context. I think he was just trying to boost his popularity with the more fanatical of his viewerbase.

Edited by Boffa Jones

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it."

I just don't see how that could be taken out of context. I think he was just trying to boost his popularity with the more fanatical of his viewerbase.

586427811[/snapback]

Yeah, i'd have to agree on that. That aren't too many words that sound like assassination that the millions of viewers could have misheard all precisely at the same moment.

It's a shame all the run-of-the-mill Christians are the sane ones and all the public ones seem to be wackjobs.

^^Well, in fact, I do believe they were taken out of context.  Methinks it was sarcasm that went too far.

586427591[/snapback]

I saw the tape last night BOOG, I would say he meant every word. He is apologizing because he got caught, in my opinion.

--I also am no fan of Pat Robertson.

586427591[/snapback]

I disagree. He knew what he said, and he meant what he said. But, I'm guessing he got in a little hot water and angered some of his "supporters."

Why the hell does CNN and other media consider that major, breaking news? This guy is a nutcase.

My favorite 700 Clun moment was where he had this guy on, who claimed God told him that if x amount of people prayed, that Saddam would step down voluntarilly from power and the looming war could be avoided.

All I could think of was that PC game Black or White, and that it sounded like God needed more villigers to pray to power his miracle totum.

But alas, I guess there aren't enough Christians that watch the 700 Club since Saddam never stepped down.

I saw the tape last night BOOG, I would say he meant every word. He is apologizing because he got caught, in my opinion.

--I also am no fan of Pat Robertson.

586429508[/snapback]

i watched it as well, and you're right. he meant to say what he did. whatever happens now is his fault.

Why the hell does CNN and other media consider that major, breaking news? This guy is a nutcase.

586429848[/snapback]

Because it makes a Christian Conservative look bad.

These were my thoughts as well whne I read the article.  Also, where are the "moderate Chirstian groups" publicly decrying these statements?  After all, that is what we have been expecting of the Muslims, right?

586425486[/snapback]

my question too

My favorite 700 Clun moment was where he had this guy on, who claimed God told him that if x amount of people prayed, that Saddam would step down voluntarilly from power and the looming war could be avoided.

586429866[/snapback]

:D

parker.gif

source: http://cagle.msnbc.com/politicalcartoons/P...ons/PCbest2.asp

heh after i saw this i watched south park - starvin marvin in space, pat is on the "600" club asking for money and i couldnt help but laugh harder now after this, lol.