XP Blood Theme, should I continue it?

25 members have voted

1. 1. XP Blood Theme, should I continue it?

• Yup
    • hell no

Let me note that this theme will change a lot, mainly things grey from SleepDirt's theme will become either blood red, maroon, or deeper black. Once the neowin folks put it here for DL (hopefully soon) If you like it as it is, get it, because eventually I'll change it and you might not like it better (depends on preference). In the end, the theme should be darker.:evil:

Originally posted by Psygon

It has be submitted to neobond@neowin.net, hopefully it will be here soon. The size limit is preventing me from posting it. (Fsck off) Find something to do other than complain.

-Psygon

Find something to do other than post a picture here in the COMPLETED THEMES AREA. A bit temeramental there arent we?

Grow up please.

"It has be submitted to neobond@neowin.net, hopefully it will be here soon. The size limit is preventing me from posting it. (Fsck off) Find something to do other than complain.

-Psygon"

People want screenshots before downloading, Bubby. As I said, I have submitted the style to neobond@ already, and it has not been placed here. If anyone has webspace they would like to host it on, great, that will work too. I don't. And I am not tempramental here, you are. You attacked me first. Go somewhere else and troll, you aren't helping anything, you are just complaining. Got a solution to this? Got webspace? Great, we can get it hosted. Otherwise, go away, you are not at all any help. I have done by the forum rules, and sent my style where instructed to have it hosted. The screenshot is there because people want to look prior to getting, and well, I sort of expected it to be here for download by now.. Once again, the file is too large to put as an attatchment into this forum, as it is over 100KB in size.

In other words, work with me, or ignore me. If you don't want to help and just want to complain, **** off.

Completely disregarding the argumentive side of this thread here. I just wanted to say i like your theme and look forward to seeing it posted for download real soon. That wallpaper you have featured is sweet. Oh and is that my avatar i see in that screenshot ? You gonna pay me royalties !? J/k :D

Keep up the good work mate. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

~Keldyn

Keldyn

you made that avatar symbol? I found it on some forum somewhere, could have been a post of yours in fact. I thought it looked sweet and it was a good size for logon bmp, so I used it. Thats very good work though, I generally cannot do that kind of stuff from scratch. Anyway, thanks for making it, it rox! (its the little things I pay attention to).

Anyway, I got it up for dl now, and the edu website is like triple OC12, so it should go fast for everyone. I wanna restate that this is modified from SleepDirt's XP black, but eventually should look nothing like it, I just needed a cleaned out template (didn't want the bloat from 3 themes in the msstyles file). Any bugs, oddities, etc, tell me about (pref with a small screenshot) and I'll fix them asap, and eventually it will not resemble its template.

enjoy.

P.S. : I am sorry about it not being up for DL immediately, but I did think the neowin folks would post it, as thats what I understood from the sticky threads.

*edit: that wallpaper is copyleft DigitalBlasphemy. I cannot put it in the theme file, sorry about that. I think you can get it from digitalblasphemy.com for free as a sample tho, not sure.

I am going to move this to the Visual Styles forum. As soon as you have the blood theme uploaded to some webspace please feel free to post it in the Completed Visual Styles forum.

Thank you.

Thanx Psygon i have downloaded it and it runs ultra smoooooth ;)

Yep you likely spotted it from one of my posts here or on another forum and yes its just right for a logon bitmap as that is what i originally intended to use it for and do of course :)

Once again great work and if you have yet to be welcomed to Neowin then i shall do so now. Welcome !! ;)

~Keldyn

My apologies, I checked the thread for a download link, didn't see one and so moved it. I have seen it now I must have just missed it.

I'll move it back and put the download link in your initial post for you.

Psygon, that is a great theme. Can't wait to get it home and give it a go. Keep up the good work and definitely continue on with this. I will be looking forward to the updates!!! :cool:

Yep same here. I get the same thing. I install it and go under control panel and yada yada you know where to change the themes.

Well if you notice....the preview for it is black....you dont see any previews of the XP-blood 4.0 and when you choose it anyway...everything is grey.

It is null. Nothing special...does not even look not even closed to what to other guy shows.

So i think it was not pack properly at all.

As much as I'd like to include that wallpaper, I cannot, it is copyright to digitalblasphemy. You can get it from www.digitalblasphemy.com, i think, it should be a free sample. I already said this, you should read the entire thread before asking for help, its just logical to....

Anyway, if the theme is 100% not working for you, it isn't a bad package. Most likely you need to get style XP from www.tgtsoft.com currently it is at beta 2.

the .theme file is much different in colors than the WindowsXP blood style. I changed the default colors in it to be much darker. You can use the style, or you can use the theme, its easy to switch between 2 predefined color sets this way. The screenshot is of the style, without the .theme applied.