China blocks online gamers

If you're a MMOG addict it's officially time to get out of China - the government is implementing a system with the biggest online publishers to nerf characters massively after just three hours of play, with the nerfing getting progressively worse until the player rests from the game for a further five hours:

The new system, developed under the guidance of the GAPP, stops individuals from playing online games for more than three hours by cutting the abilities of game characters. The new system cuts the ability level of a player's online game character by half after he or she has played for more than three consecutive hours. Once a player has played for more than five consecutive hours, the system cuts the ability level of that player's character to the lowest level allowed by the game.

The system also lowers the ability of players to find treasures or prizes available in an online game after they have played for more than three consecutive hours.

Furthermore, the system keeps track of hours of play. Individuals who immediately log back onto a game after three hours of consecutive play will continue to have the ability of their game character lowered by the system. Players must be logged off for a minimum of five hours before the system resets.

SOURCE

this would be great if it was implemented around the world, I've got some friends that never leave their homes because of these damn games (i love them too but not this much)

PLUS! Gil farmers and bots would be killed easily after 3 hours !

I wonder whats going to happen to all the Chinese farmers?

586430308[/snapback]

I'm not a MMORPG player but I think this is them trying to deal with the people who run those bots that steal stuff from people to sell it in real life. That's what you mean by Chinese farmers right?

as I said on another post... they should take care of more important things like human rights and demographics because they have an overpopulation problem?:devil:l::rolleyes:s::pinch:h::no:o: