humans are destroying the natural way of life

i have had this thought on my mind for a while now. it makes me worry about the future of the human race. in biology class, we learned about darwin's theory of evolution through natural selection. this natural process ensures that only the strong survive and the weak perish. i believe that humans are screwing up natural selection for us via medical salvation.

there are many huamans that are born with bad genes that make them susceptable servere acne, asthma, male pattern baldness, breast cancers, alchemizes disease, instanity and many other diseases and disabilties. instead of trying to kill off those bad genes, we're trying to save, treat, and improve these people's lives so they can live a normal life. don't get me wrong, saving someone's life is the most admirable thing we can do but i think we're hurting ourselves in a way. these "inferior" people are spreading the bad genes as they produce offsprings. therefore, hurting the human species in general. just take a look at the amount of diseases that we have and are discovering. we're trying to raise so much money for the medical industry to find a cure for all these diseases. i think diseases are spreading more quickly than people can find a medical solution to them.

if humans obeyed the rules of natural selection, the "inferior" people would of died out and we wouldn't need all these medical breakthroughs because only the "superior" people that are resistant to all the diseases would survive and pass on their genes. in a way, i view this as a war of humans against god or nature. i don't believe that we would ever be ahead because god or nature is superior to us.

some may argue that we're not animals and we can't rely on nature to save us but i disagree. we are animals, we should let nature takes it course instead of trying to resist it. but if you look at the animal kingdom, natural selection has prove ot be successful. most animals can develope disease immunity quickly and survive.

maybe there isn't a solution to this problem because it's hard to ask people not to have offsprings because they are supposely "inferior". i just fear that one day when our futures generations are borned, they have to be treated with medication constantly because they are susceptable to almost every diseases in the world. what do you think we should do?

Edited by l77Il7H

you make some good points, but i dont think you would be posting this if you were one of the ones with bad genes

586445305[/snapback]

Said exactly what I was thinking!

hehe, dealing with the widescale death of a group of the human race can be a touchy topic. although the other day, i was thinking to myself that we have way too many warning labels these days. things like "don't stick your hand in a lawnmower while it's running" or "don't drink gas". we should just get rid of labels like that...our society is geared towards helping the "weak" survive.

humans are superior to all things living on this earth. basically humans worst enemie is ourselfs..

but dude, killing off people because of disabilities, and other things is wrong. sure people get bald, and come out with like 3 eyes lol... but thats no need to kill them. what we like to do, is stick them under a big tent, and charge $15 to see them. joking LOL

you do make good points, but if you were born "not-normal".. you yourself would be destroyed.

dont get me wrong here, but i strongly think, people need breeding licences to have children. theres this one female (if thats what yu wanna call her) having a baby. she has absolutely 0 good qualities about her.. shes mean, rude, and in everyway just wrong.. i have no idea how she will ever take care of a kid.

people should stand infront of a panel of judges, and tell them why they would make good fathers / mothers, and get a breeding licence.. otherwise, the kid could grow up and not have a normal chance at life...

you make some good points, but i dont think you would be posting this if you were one of the ones with bad genes

586445305[/snapback]

no one is perfect. everyone has a certain degree of bad genes in them but the point of natural selection is the process of minimize those bad genes from occuring. i think we're stopping that process and that's dangerous.

:rolleyes: Firstly, 'natural selection' is only a theory, and not a very good one.

Genes do not control and cause every health problem. Diet, lifestyles, and thinking have a major influence. Genes are actually programmed by the Spirit to be born, ahead of time, before birth. Science has not yet learned the power of beliefs and thought.

Various handicaps and diseases are taken on by different personalities for a reason -- to learn something.

And who would decide whom should live or die under 'natural selection'. Would you just sit back and watch people die that could be helped ?

Much to think about -- be careful which Belief system you adopt -- you will have to live with the results ! :happy:

humans are superior to all things living on this earth.  basically humans worst enemie is ourselfs..

but dude, killing off people because of disabilities, and other things is wrong.  sure people get bald, and come out with like 3 eyes lol... but thats no need to kill them.  what we like to do, is stick them under a big tent, and charge $15 to see them.  joking LOL

you do make good points, but if you were born "not-normal".. you yourself would be destroyed.

dont get me wrong here, but i strongly think, people need breeding licences to have children.  theres this one female (if thats what yu wanna call her) having a baby.  she has absolutely 0 good qualities about her.. shes mean, rude, and in everyway just wrong.. i have no idea how she will ever take care of a kid. 

people should stand infront of a panel of judges, and tell them why they would make good fathers / mothers, and get a breeding licence.. otherwise, the kid could grow up and not have a normal chance at life...

586445353[/snapback]

i am not saying we should kill them. i am that encourage we should save them but i think we should ask them not to reproduce to prevent their bad genes from spreading. i know this is an impossible favor to ask but it should be given a try.

Edited by l77Il7H

:rolleyes: Firstly, 'natural selection' is only a theory, and not a very good one.

Genes do not control and cause every health problem.  Diet, lifestyles, and thinking have a major influence.  Genes are actually programmed by the Spirit to be born, ahead of time, before birth.  Science has not yet learned the power of beliefs and thought.

Various handicaps and diseases are taken on by different personalities for a reason -- to learn something.

And who would decide whom should live or die under 'natural selection'.  Would you just sit back and watch people die that could be helped ?

Much to think about -- be careful which Belief system you adopt -- you will have to live with the results ! :happy:

586445365[/snapback]

yea, you can chose to believe natural selction or not, but i believe it's a impirical fact. we can see in nature that animals that are susceptable to diseases would die off and only the one that can resist would survive. this is the exact definition of natural selection, is it not?

who would decide who live? nature does. but we're preventing that by saving and allowing "inferior" people to produce.

who would decide who live? nature does. but we're preventing that by saving and allowing "inferior" people to produce.

586445405[/snapback]

But what you fail to see is, Humans are a part of Nature. ;)

It's called eugenics, and it was given a try.

586445408[/snapback]

damn beaten to it.

I think humans who are rude and disgusting people should be the ones to not reproduce since they make life so much more difficult to live for others. It is genetic in the sense that bad parenting is a very difficult chain to break (and is passed on to the children), which is the usual cause of "bad people." I would also like to rid of people who have such a difficult time typing and speaking their native language (yes, that was a blow). ;)

This idea of Social Darwinism is a pipe dream that we all would love (IN THEORY). But, when it comes down to "it," no one wants (wants, as in desires, usually) to lose their loved one(s) or themselves for the sake of a better people in the future. Even more, who in the hell wants humans who are so physically advanced? I mean, take a deep emotional and intellectual look at the average Janes and Joes who are physically above average! :pinch: What we should really be trying to do is advance ourselves by trying to pass down as much of our knowledge to younger generations as possible. Afterall, all of our advancements and accomplishments as human beings is only due to what has been passed on to us in the non-tangible realm of knowledge! ......

so are you saying we should have killed off albert einstein when he was just a little kid because he had a learning disability when he was younger?, natural selection my arse everyone has the right to prove themselves to be a valuable part of society

Who ever said anything about killing the weak?

Anyways, I feel the same way. I believe in natural selection, even tho it might be a theory, I dont' know if it is or not, but it is a logical theory.

But, there are scientists out there who are trying or already have figured out ways to get rid of bad genes in people. Just like in the movie GATTACA. Which is a very good movie.

I personally agree with the fact that the weak/inferior shouldn't be allowed to survive but what's technically "weak or inferior"? Having breast cancer, baldness, walking wierd, staying on Neowin 24/7? If we go by this, before we know it, people will use the reason "in the name of natural selection" to murder others. It's not right.

l77Il7H,

You are displaying a high level of ignorance, but it is common. Natural selection does not generate superior traits, but rather natural selection in organisms occurs due to small local changes in the environment over time. These environmental changes have no way of knowing or selecting one trait over the other, it just depends on what the organism has in the first place. Let us suppose that the ozone layer was degraded and UV light became very severe on Earth, and all the lighter skinned people died earlier due to skin cancer, while darker people were less vulnerable. Would that mean dark skinned people were more superior? No, they just happened to have a trait more favorable to the change in the environment. Or if AIDS wiped out humans but left cockroaches. Certain kinds of bacteria have been around since the beginning of life, how's that for superior? Stephen Jay Gould has recast and extended Darwin's theories on evolution in celebrated ways. I would recommend anyone interested in natural history to read him.

Logically we should let all the retards and unhealthy people die out and have only clever fit and healthy people so the race becomes superior. But that can't happen in our modern day society so we aren't going to evolve anymore.

(I don't actually know what I'm talking about I just wrote that off the top of my head)

The one thing that I really don't like about Medicine today is how we allow ourselves to keep our bodies functioning, but we cannot preserve the mind. My mother is a nursing home administrator and I've seen residents' minds deteriorate into nothing over the years. It makes me sick.

l77Il7H,

You are displaying a high level of ignorance, but it is common.  Natural selection does not generate superior traits, but rather natural selection in organisms occurs due to small local changes in the environment over time.  These environmental changes have no way of knowing or selecting one trait over the other, it just depends on what the organism has in the first place.  Let us suppose that the ozone layer was degraded and UV light became very severe on Earth, and all the lighter skinned people died earlier due to skin cancer, while darker people were less vulnerable.  Would that mean dark skinned people were more superior?  No, they just happened to have a trait more favorable to the change in the environment.  Or if AIDS wiped out humans but left cockroaches.  Certain kinds of bacteria have been around since the beginning of life, how's that for superior?  Stephen Jay Gould has recast and extended Darwin's theories on evolution in celebrated ways.  I would recommend anyone interested in natural history to read him.

586445458[/snapback]

you have a differant meaning of what it means to be superior. i just believe that if we can live without the use of medical treatment would create a better world for all of us.

yes, natural selection picks animals that can adapt to the change in the enviroment. wouldn't you agree that our enviroment is changing yet we're not?

hehe, dealing with the widescale death of a group of the human race can be a touchy topic.  although the other day, i was thinking to myself that we have way too many warning labels these days.  things like "don't stick your hand in a lawnmower while it's running" or "don't drink gas".  we should just get rid of labels like that...our society is geared towards helping the "weak" survive.

586445327[/snapback]

The best label's of all are the ones on Peanut Packages: "Warning, this product may contain nuts."