Original DVD to avi/mpeg?

Ive got some DVDs tha i want to store on my Storage drive (E:\)

and i was wondering if there is a way of doing this?

if this breaks any rules then im :cry: ing

You'll need something like DVD Decrypter to rip the DVDs to your hard drive (you want file mode) and then you can use AutoGK to convert the files to an Xvid/DivX file of whatever quality you want.

Ive got some DVDs tha i want to store on my Storage drive (E:\)

and i was wondering if there is a way of doing this?

if this breaks any rules then im :cry: ing

586447894[/snapback]

There are many tools and methods for doing what you want to do. I recomend you check out the guides section of doom9.org and videohelp.com. There are many, many other sites out there that can help you out.

You'll need something like DVD Decrypter to rip the DVDs to your hard drive (you want file mode) and then you can use AutoGK to convert the files to an Xvid/DivX file of whatever quality you want.

586447903[/snapback]

I do same as that, but use smartripper to rip.

ive been running the AutoGK for over 1 hour now and im 45% though 'running first pass'

how many more step are there aftet this?

i didnt know it would take this long :blink:

coolies.... thankx

only 1hr 43 mins left on the pass now :s ive got 3 more to do after this as well... ohh well looks like my comp will be left on tonight then ;)

AutoGK is a all in 1 program that converts the VOB files to Xvid/Divx, there are many processes but AutoGK automates these processes, the best thing about it is you use the original sound so I get 5.1 surround from xvid.

I still don't know what's difference between Xvid and Divx, which one is better?

when i tried using autoGK i put in my dvd, selected dvd source and then tried selecting the input source (my dvd drive) and it said something about there is not stream source.

can any1 help me please?

Alex

AutoGK is a all in 1 program that converts the VOB files to Xvid/Divx, there are many processes but AutoGK automates these processes, the best thing about it is you use the original sound so I get 5.1 surround from xvid.

I still don't know what's difference between Xvid and Divx, which one is better?

586448819[/snapback]

Xvid is open source, while Divx isn't. I really can't tell a difference between the two, although it would depend on what quality/size setting you use. I always use Xvid, just because it's open source.

when i tried using autoGK i put in my dvd, selected dvd source and then tried selecting the input source (my dvd drive) and it said something about there is not stream source.

can any1 help me please?

Alex

586448930[/snapback]

No, it doesn't work like that. You need to get a program like DVD Decrypter and use that to rip the contents of the DVD to your hard drive. Then you can use AutoGK. You have to select the folder that contains all the files you ripped.

No, it doesn't work like that. You need to get a program like DVD Decrypter and use that to rip the contents of the DVD to your hard drive. Then you can use AutoGK. You have to select the folder that contains all the files you ripped.

586448966[/snapback]

Yes, i did this and its also giving me this error:

anyone have any ideas? :unsure:

EDIT: I believe i'm missing this "Stream Info file ("Stream Information.txt")" anyone know a way i can get this through dvd decryptor? It says to use taht and i did and yet i dont have this stream information.txt? Anyone know how to make one or obtain one?

Edited by JonathanSmith68

• 2 weeks later...