Two soldiers beaten

People may be against the war, I personally am not, but that is fine. However to blame the troops that are fighting so we can sit over here on our asses and have the freedom of speech to talk crap about the war is just sick. It is not the troops fault. I hope they find these bastards. Article

It doesn't matter, their opinion of the war. They are just some dogs. The article said that they were groping the soldier's lady friends. I just wish the soldiers would have pwned them. That'd be a great story to read. Hope they get caught.

Were these two guys beaten up because they were soldiers returning from Iraq, or was that just a coincidence? Because from the article, all it says is that these three idiots groped the women with the soldiers, one of the girls threw a hotdog at them, and then the attack occurred.

I'm not in any way defending what those idiots did, but I'm just not seeing the relevance to the fact that these guys were soldiers unless it was an attack because they were soldiers. People get into fights every day, and the news and police don't trip all over themselves trying to get the crime solved.

I dont think the suspects knew they were soilders, if they were at a club i dont think they would be wearing their uniforms. Once the people found out they were soilders it got bigger attention (news papers, TV, people actually giving a damn). Its wrong no matter who you are, but i dont think something against the troops.

I dont think the suspects knew they were soilders, if they were at a club i dont think they would be wearing their uniforms. Once the people found out they were soilders it got bigger attention (news papers, TV, people actually giving a damn). Its wrong no matter who you are, but i dont think something against the troops.

586448859[/snapback]

Yeah... the first post made it seem like soliders are being targeted. Still, the media love anything that will get them more viewers.

It doesn't matter, their opinion of the war.  They are just some dogs.  The article said that they were groping the soldier's lady friends.  I just wish the soldiers would have pwned them.  That'd be a great story to read.  Hope they get caught.

586448818[/snapback]

yeah but then it would have been the soldiers fault, and then the thugs would have been suing and crap....in this world, no one wins.

This makes me sick :x .. Tho its kinda hard to not tell a soldier.. I live near camp pendleton and you cant miss a marine...the haircut is a dead give away.

Still how do our "trained" soldiers get their asses beat so bad? 2 on 3 seems fair for somone that should be trained in self defence... :ninja:

So these 2 soldiers (whatever the political beliefs) served their commander in chief - and therefore serverd their country - as they were ordered.

Then some people (who have the freedom that these soldiers defend) beat them up?

Sick!

So these 2 soldiers (whatever the political beliefs) served their commander in chief - and therefore serverd their country - as they were ordered.

Then some people (who have the freedom that these soldiers defend) beat them up?

Sick!

586448962[/snapback]

they didnt know that they were soilders as i posted above. Another hint it that it happened on July 31, the link on the first post is from a TV news station which dates the story August 25, about 3 weeks after it happened.

Sick!

586448962[/snapback]

Again, I don't see where these two were attacked because they were in the military. Speaking as an ex-military member with 10 years active duty service (honorably discharged, disabled veteran), I've rarely seen people attacked because they were military. I have seen many potentially easily resolved situations made worse because military members get cocky about their service and make a situation worse than it need be. Not defending the suspects at all, but I just think there is more to this story than just two Army guys getting attacked because they were in the Army. Yes, the suspects need to be caught and charged for the brutality of their crimes, but to try to hype it up and play it off that this was a politically-related attack is unneccessary.

They need to find these 3 and round them up and drop them in the middle of Fallujah, Iraq and let them try and beat up some terrorist. Then we'll see how tough they are.

This guy seems to think it may have been a setup. Is it odd how some guys committing a pretty brutal crime don't seem to care that htey are being so obviously recorded?

Either way, these wastes of oxygen need to be in a cage where they belong.

these f****s are gonna burn when they get caught. I would like to assume it's the same for soldiers as it is for cops...if you mess with one you're in deep s*** when they catch you. I have a feeling we'll see a "suspects shot dead while trying to flee" ... oh darn :whistle:

And no, I am not for the war in any way shape or form, but this is just not acceptable. You don't beat anyone like this, especially not someone who is defending your sorry a**. :angry:

NOTE:

This thread has nothing to do with Bush, oil, or the war in Iraq. Keep it on topic, next offtopic post I have to remove will have a warning affixed to it.

Not everyone in the military looks like a jarhead. I was in and only had my hair super short while in basic. After that I let it grow out on top. I dont think the thugs knew the victims were military. Also most military are only trained for a few days in hand to hand combat. Not everyone is infantry. Hell, my friends in the air force never even shot off a real M16. only a computerized version w/ recoil. Im sure alot of words were passed between the two groups before the fight. Do hope these guys get what is coming to them.

Just because they are soldiers has nothing at all to do with what happened. Yes it is sad that this happened to the two men, but it would be no less sad if they were un-employed crack addicts. Personally, it is almost as sickening how the media treats this story as what the suspects did.

I agree, better military training. Still, why are they acting like that. Humans are strange beings. Stomping on someone's head? Doesn't make sense to me.

as soldiers, would they not be capable of kicking the living **** out of these people?

they must have combat training...

586459205[/snapback]

not everyone in the military is the "combat infantry" image you think of.