Man Has Girl hold Up Bank with a Note

Man Has Girl Present Hold-Up Note at Bank

Michael Lyons apparently had a funny practical joke planned for his daughter's birthday. In the end, no one was laughing ? especially Lyons.

Lyons, 45, was arrested after he told a 13-year-old girl to hand a note to a bank teller, police said. The note said, "Give me all of your money, this is a stick up," according to a police report.

The incident happened Friday when Lyons and a group of girls were celebrating his daughter's birthday. While he was getting money out of an ATM, the girl went into the bank and handed the note to a teller.

The teller sounded the bank's alarm, and police and FBI surrounded the building. Instead of robbers, they found Lyons and the girls.

Lyons was charged with criminal attempt of robbery by intimidation, said Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police spokesman Bucky Burnsed.

"You can't yell 'fire' in a crowded theater, can't joke about a bomb in your luggage at the airport, and you can't write notes to cashier that say 'This is a stick up,'" Burnsed said.

Source

Idiot..:rolleyes:s:

First of all ... why would you be intimidated by a 13-year old girl?

Second of all ... why would this guy even think of doing this without something bad coming out of it?

People are really wack.

Second of all ... why would this guy even think of doing this without something bad coming out of it?

People are really wack.

586453221[/snapback]

No, people are dumb. How do you know the other people in the place weren't loaded down with handguns or whatnot awaiting the response from the cashier to the little girl.

The teller did what she was trained to do. It was obvious the father wasn't thinking :no:

No, people are dumb.  How do you know the other people in the place weren't loaded down with handguns or whatnot awaiting the response from the cashier to the little girl.

The teller did what she was trained to do.  It was obvious the father wasn't thinking :no:

586453227[/snapback]

I guess that's true. I personally would have figured it was a practical joke, as most pre-teens in my city are snobby kids who would do that kind of stuff for a laugh, but that's just me :pinch: . And I do agree that her dad was not thinking. I mean, how could he possibly not think something bad would come out of that situation?

People are really wack.

586453221[/snapback]

because there are 7 year old kids who rape 6 year old girls

because there are 9 year old kids who shoot and kill their parents with shotguns

because a 13 year old held up a bank with her dad's gun a few years ago at the bank i go to a few times a week.

thats why ;)

because there are 9 year old kids who shoot and kill their parents with shotguns

because a 13 year old held up a bank with her dad's gun a few years ago at the bank i go to a few times a week.

thats why ;)

586454640[/snapback]

beautiful world :no:

thats why ;)

586454640[/snapback]

And it comes down to idiot parents like this guy.

That's the unfortunate price of freedom: people are lax on laws that follow common sense and too restrictive on laws that throw out any forms of common sense.

I'm pretty sure the dad intimidated the girl, not the other way around. The point is, if you coerce/intimidate someone into commiting a crime, it's the same as you actually doing it. It is no different than paying someone to commit a crime for you.

I'm saying he actually wanted to rob the bank and out of a desperate choice when the alarm was sounded imidiatley...he just had an excuse.

ROFL what a dum ****, its like I remember at the airport when someone held everyone up by saying he had a bomb Ive never seen so many police point guns at a person :p

That guy was a rare breed of moron. On the other hand, I'm not quite sure how you end up arresting this guy once you realize that it was what passed for a joke in the mind of a guy with a room temperature IQ.

I mean, I can understand being righteously ****ed off... but you're basically trying to put a guy who didn't do anything in prison. Just have him pay the costs of shipping all those cops and FBI agents out there; I'm sure he's already learned his lesson, but that would really hammer it home. Putting him in a federal penitentiary....? Only in America. :no:

Arresting this guy is just going too far...

It was only a joke! ... this must have happened in the U.S.

586455136[/snapback]

Yeah, but there's a thin line between what's constituted as a 'joke' and what's not. After all, post 9-11 it's definitely a stupid mistake to yell out the word B-O-M-B in the airport.

Well in my personal opinion he should be sent to some institution to properly teach him essential parenting skills, but yeah.

What kind of a joke is that anyway? You expect the teller to laugh in front of the girl and tell her 'happy birthday'? :huh: