U.K. school tailors policy to foul mouths

Naw NAW NAW. Teachers are their to teach, simple pass down education from which they've learned to others. Not their to play the god ego card, authority card or any other card besides teaching.

586458455[/snapback]

Teachers are there to command the respect of pupils in order to teach them; that may be through talking down to them, or by being friendly and treating them like adults. However, how does having children swear benefit anyone? It just means children see that it is ok to swear around adults because they have control - that means teachers have less control over the pupils and there is less respect for authority.

Swearing has its place and it is indeed becoming more common. However, it is important to know when to use it and a classroom is NOT one of those places. It doesn't matter how bad the teacher is they should still be treated with respect.

So, they can only swear "5 times" at the teacher.

So let's calcualte this one.

1 teacher

30 kids (average)

So thats 30x5 swears = 150 times that teacher can be sworn at during 1 lesson.

Let's take it further.

Avergae 5 lessons per day - so that would be.... 150 swears x 5 lessons = 750 swears per day.

So, lets' take just one step further....750 swears per day x 5 days lessons, thats 3750 times per week they are expecting each teacher to be sworn at!

Hmmm, some how I don't think that will work, because they might find that after one day of that, the teachers would walk out.

(Y) Great policy head master. Nice one. :no: :rolleyes:

Funny thing is this:  We are now in a web based forum, where if I said **** I would be punished!

586469393[/snapback]

Exactly.

What a stupid idea.

And the cane is not something to be re-introduced, what should happen is any troublemakers simply be sent out of the lesson. Lets the other kids learn, and if he/she wants to ruin their future, let them.

Swear words should warrent instant detention at least, they did throughout my school education, which wasnt that long ago. The only thing this school is doing is giving the kids the impression swearing within limits is ok, which wont help them in the real world.