Neowin Forums are 1yr Old!

Well ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the second term of Neowin's forums, as today is its 1st birthday!

Along time ago - in a galaxy far, far away - Neobond and Redmak installed ikon-board. At the time, it was a cgi-based board, with regular re-installs with server moves and upgrades. Gradually, we progressed onto a php/my_sql based board, which lasted us for a while. Yet, with growing demand we soon exceeded the potential presented by Ikon-board, and moved onto higher things with phpBB, which neowin kept for a while. However, with the rapid growth in the community, the boards were once again moved, this time onto vbulletin, which brings us to where we are today.

This amazing rate of growth today continues - almost 50 new sign-ups per day, and more than 3,000 new posts per day: from humble beginnings to 14,000 members is some feat!

The boards have also expanded rapidly meeting a rising demand amongst the community. Last summer, frenzied activity was seen as people with their newly obtained copies of Windows XP hurried to the boards to get solutions to their problems. Equally, Neowin was somewhat of a founding father to the community of modders, and windows skinners / themers. This artistic and creative talent amongst the community continues today in many forms - e.g. new themes and the monthly desktop thread.

Yeah we've had our share of problem kiddies at neowin. Theres some who just wont take the hint and leave; yet, we've over-come petty differences. Neowin's policy has been firm. Firm, firm but fair.

Neowin has been home to many leaks, exclusive bits of news, tweaks, and general ######-bits of information, and it?s ready to cope with the future. With new forums (such as real-world issues) we're continually expanding, and developing. Neowin is not a community centred around one country- let alone one continent. We have members from all over the world, and can truely claim to be a global community from a vast array of ethnic and social backgrounds.

The moderators and admins of Neowin do difficult job, yet they do it with dedication, and with a fair hand. Most of all, they act fairly and responsibly, a quality that gives Neowin its solid reputation.

Equally, we should say thanks to you : the member! It's the people who post in the forums on a day to day basis that shape neowin, and truely make it what it is, so as our hero would say, "give yourself a pat on the back"!

So, my friends and fellow Neowinians; here's to future. Neowin is not just a place where other sites on the web send their women folk to be married into the technological elite; its a place where anyone and everyone can come and find out more. May it continue to bring prosperity to Neowin, and its members!

The neowin teamb>

(Oh and all hail Neobond and Redmak)i>

Further Reading b>

Neowin Slang

1. Doing a scoobie : "Doing a Scoobie" colloquial, phrase, adj. to generally make an arse of one's self, and to annoy all in attendance.

2. "Pulling a Keldyn" AKA "Pulling a Homer", to act irresponsibly due to imbibing large quantities of hard liquor, and to generally act the arse in front of your boss (employer).

and finally... the neowin man...

scoobie.jpg

our hero...!

Great post Magoo :D

Well done everyone for making sure that Neowin goes from strength to strength. Some have come, others have fallen... Neowin continues to grow.

Nuff said.

Actually, if you ask me, I think the site slumped by ethics over the year as I have witnessed! I'm not going to lurk out the full details on that since I know I'd have my ass banned for that! :D Therefore, I'm not that positive of the one year anniversary of Neowin.

Well ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the second term of Neowin's forums

Yep , this here forum is 1... Neowin itself is a fair bit older ;)

Originally posted by Webgraph

Actually, if you ask me, I think the site slumped by ethics over the year as I have witnessed! I'm not going to lurk out the full details on that since I know I'd have my ass banned for that! :D Therefore, I'm not that positive of the one year anniversary of Neowin.

What did you expect? As the members increase, more lurkers/trolls there will be. Also more concerned_dad's. LMAO!

Originally posted by Borg77

What did you expect? As the members increase, more lurkers/trolls there will be. Also more concerned_dad's. LMAO!

I think you're a bit misunderstood there! I wish I could explain it to you on the forums, but I can't.

Happy B-day neowin.

And thanks to all the people who keep the "the" place to be ...

And scoobie .... yeah, whatever ... :p

Webgraph, keep your ill informed, troll like comments to yourself eh? No one give's a damn.

Sorry for the unpleasantness everyone.

Brilliant post magoo, very well written. Congratulations Neowin and happy birthday!!:) and three cheers for many many more years of sweet success;)

I think you're a bit misunderstood there! I wish I could explain it to you on the forums, but I can't.

O.K., thanks for the response. :p

My friend, please don't mention any thing bad here. I saw what happened not too long ago.

Originally posted by codyg11

My friend, please don't mention any thing bad here. I saw what happened not too long ago.

I'm not going to mention it anyway. Besides, I know what happened and what I believe.

Originally posted by Keldyn

Webgraph, keep your ill informed, troll like comments to yourself eh? No one give's a damn.

Sorry for the unpleasantness everyone.

Brilliant post magoo, very well written. Congratulations Neowin and happy birthday!!:) and three cheers for many many more years of sweet success;)

damn right! lay down the law keldyn! hehe

kicking ass and taking names:ninja: -Keldyn