16 year old youth beaten by police

The cops punched the 16-years old black boy, and slammed his head on the car!!! The police brutalize was captured on Video tape!

CNN has it as a top story, right now.

The boys family are, of course, suing the Police ; demand that the police be punished!! The police who did the beaten is currently SUSPENDED, but the family are NOT satisfied until the police are find guilty!

Here is the story!

Why would those policeman find it justified to use that type of brutaility towards a 16 year old? Especially for what he done to "deserve" this.

Originally posted by username

the legal system will take care of them, nothing to get excited about, just media hype

Sure... nothing to get excited, is a normal arrest.... the only difference is: in this case the cops were videotaped and charged... :rolleyes:

I really don't see how this compares to Rodney King. Having your head slammed into the trunk of a car is a bit different than being tazed then beaten down by 8+ cops with nightsticks. Yeah, the cop here is plainly wrong, he probably snapped, and he'll be held accountable for it. The only similarity I can see between this and the King case is that both were caught on videotape. I just wonder if this will be made into a race issue again. :right:

now we all know if this had been a young White youth brutally beaten by 4 or 5 officers of colour, this would have never even made the news.

isn't it just like the ZNN to broadcast something to stir up sensitive issues amongst the population.

Originally posted by azazel-

I really don't see how this compares to Rodney King. Having your head slammed into the trunk of a car is a bit different than being tazed then beaten down by 8+ cops with nightsticks. Yeah, the cop here is plainly wrong, he probably snapped, and he'll be held accountable for it. The only similarity I can see between this and the King case is that both were caught on videotape. I just wonder if this will be made into a race issue again. :right:

Ok, I admit comparing this case to Rodney King was a little bit exaterrating.

what if the cop got away with not being punished? Right now, the cop is suspensed WITH pay. U know, I don't think he should still be paid. What I don't understand is what did the boy do to deserve that?

I am not saying it will become a race issue or not, but if the cop becomes loose without punishment. There is something wrong with the system!

Originally posted by nagaina

now we all know if this had been a young White youth brutally beaten by 4 or 5 officers of colour, this would have never even made the news.

isn't it just like the ZNN to broadcast something to stir up sensitive issues amongst the population.

Talking about racism.... :s

I agree -

What happened sucked. And as a Law School graduate, and attorney (as soon as I pass the bar) I can assure you that the city (I think it was Inglewood)will settle this issue Looooooong before it sees the courtroom.

The only way this will see a trial is if the family prefers justice to a cool 10 Million bucks, or so.

I assume that in the settlement would be the following:

1) a public apology

2) dismissal of the officers involved

3) no less than $10M cash

4) trust fund for others beaten by cops

5) 'sensitivity training' for all inglewood officers

The Trial:

This involves many complex Constitutional and Tort actions. I would pursue the Constitutional claims becasue you could get into Fed Court. I dont know if a California judge would be the best judge for this.

In a state court less of a chance to get prison time

In a civil trial . . . man this is where the hurt would come. It would in one sense be a difficult case for the Plaintiffs. I say this because the Plaintiff would have the burden to show that the police office acted without provocation. This is harder than it sounds. There is generally a presumption in favor of the cops. (If you think that is nuts, consider what would occur otherwise, the police would be rendered inefficent and all of their funds would go to challenge frivolous lawsuits) The video fails to show any reason for what occured. This, however, occured in Inglewood, so the jury pool would be more accomodating than the Rodney King jury

Additionally, I know that cases like this come up all the time, and in fact there are judgments for the police, ALL the time. But in the shadow of the King trial I think a jury would be much more sympathetic to the kids here.

I still think the video is terrible and painful to watch.

(PS Rodney King is in drug rehab and spent all of his 3.8 Million)

he was said to have lunged at the officer and cause the physical altercation, hey, we will see what the jury has to decide, personally, i don't blame a cop for being a little rough with someone who started the physical altercation (if that is what happned). Those guys risk their lives daily out there.

So it would be fair to just essentially fire the cop because some person videotaped him -apparently- slamming some kids head into a car trunk unprovoked. This will go to court, he'll probably be found guilty, he'll be fired, and possibly see jail time. How would you like if you were doing your job and all of a sudden your boss walked up and said "Uh, yeah, we just had an anonymous complaint about you, so you're fired".

Besides, the cop will be found guilty irreguardless. Otherwise there will be riots. :right:

BTW, I edited out the Rodney King in the title.... it doesn't seem to reflect yet, or will it at all?

I did probably exaterrate too much connecting this case to Rodney King, but what I meant is really that these cops should NOT get away Not guilty.

he was said to have lunged at the officer and cause the physical altercation, hey, we will see what the jury has to decide, personally, i don't blame a cop for being a little rough with someone who started the physical altercation (if that is what happned). Those guys risk their lives daily out there.

No, it's Wrong!!! The cop beat the kid, after the kid was Already handcuffed!!!

Originally posted by azazel-

So it would be fair to just essentially fire the cop because some person videotaped him -apparently- slamming some kids head into a car trunk unprovoked.

I think a videotape is more than "-apparently-" :p

i don't blame a cop for being a little rough with someone who started the physical altercation (if that is what happned). Those guys risk their lives daily out there.

Have you heard about the "excessive use of force"...???

Sure you need some force to control the subject, but no smash his/her head when the situation is controlled.

FYI, I have cops in my family, high range.

Ok, I'll admit, that's a little more than apparently. But as a military cop (yeah, different than a civilian cop, no doubt) there have been many *many* times that I've been spit on, cursed at, threatened...you name it. Some of my friends have even been shot at. All I'm saying is, cops are under a lot of stress, and this guy probably snapped. Yes, it was wrong. Yes, he should get punished for it. But automatically assuming he's guilty before it goes to trial is a bit presumptuous. America isn't supposed to work that way. :(

you are so right azazel- .....

now that the jooMedia has exploited this story to the max, you can rest assured they'll make us look beyond the fact that this is some worthless thug piece of scheisse, and that he's really a "victim of a heartless racist society aimed at destroying the black man!"

he probably deserves a beating for something he did in life and never received .... so this is just his past catching up with him ....

have a heart and thank those fellow officers for keeping someone like that off the streets !