CNN's Anderson Cooper scolds Loisiana politician

Did you watch over at CNN? Anderson Cooper said to the politician he was sick and tired of people coming on television thanking other politicians like the president and congress and no one was seeing any help coming to the people who need help? he shutted up the politician pretty good. Did anyone see that

edit: before he scolded the female politician was saying she wants to thank all the governers for helping the state and the president and ex presidents as well as army before Anderson Cooper cut her off and started scolding her

Ye, the Louisiana senator tried to keep her cool, but i do agree with Anderson Cooper. Whenever something happens they thank the politicians, yet there in reality seems to be no relief in sight for now. Later on he broke down when he was talking about people returning and holding the american flag, he almost broke down into tears.

If Bush weren't President, AC would be singing a different tune. I remember back in 93 when Al Gore was on the David Letterman show and David tried to make a funny about then President Clinton, but Gore rebuked him saying "that's the President of the United States, you pinhead".

For the Politician's it's probably just another tactic for re-election to have their names involved in this massive cleanup. I'm sure they will pull this file when they are campaigning next round.

Ye, the Louisiana senator tried to keep her cool, but i do agree with Anderson Cooper. Whenever something happens they thank the politicians, yet there in reality seems to be no relief in sight for now. Later on he broke down when he was talking about people returning and holding the american flag, he almost broke down into tears.

586466654[/snapback]

Which politician? Mary Landrieu?

Which politician? Mary Landrieu?

586467211[/snapback]

Mary Landrieu indeed. that is who he was talking to, but it was more over that the government officials and others are praising each other for their good work and such, and at that moment, Mary Landrieu was thanking the past presidents (for raising money soon) and President Bush for his help. But in reality, what help has this done so far, everyone seems to be planning for long term.

On a current note. A hotel was trying to evacuate the people in their building, they brought in buses. FEMA took one of the buses. Im sorry... but wtf... It seems the world is watching the superdome and fema is trying to satisfy the people's minds, yet... these people stranded in hotels and elsewhere. what about them?

(END VIDEOTAPE)

COOPER: Joining me from Baton Rouge is Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu. Senator, appreciate you joining us tonight. Does the federal government bear responsibility for what is happening now? Should they apologize for what is happening now?

SEN. MARY LANDRIEU (D), LOUISIANA: Anderson, there will be plenty of time to discuss all of those issues, about why, and how, and what, and if. But, Anderson, as you understand, and all of the producers and directors of CNN, and the news networks, this situation is very serious and it's going to demand all of our full attention through the hours, through the nights, through the days.

Let me just say a few things. Thank President Clinton and former President Bush for their strong statements of support and comfort today. I thank all the leaders that are coming to Louisiana, and Mississippi, and Alabama to our help and rescue.

We are grateful for the military assets that are being brought to bear. I want to thank Senator Frist and Senator Reid for their extraordinary efforts.

Anderson, tonight, I don't know if you've heard -- maybe you all have announced it -- but Congress is going to an unprecedented session to pass a $10 billion supplemental bill tonight to keep FEMA and the Red Cross up and operating.

COOPER: Excuse me, Senator, I'm sorry for interrupting. I haven't heard that, because, for the last four days, I've been seeing dead bodies in the streets here in Mississippi. And to listen to politicians thanking each other and complimenting each other, you know, I got to tell you, there are a lot of people here who are very upset, and very angry, and very frustrated.

And when they hear politicians slap -- you know, thanking one another, it just, you know, it kind of cuts them the wrong way right now, because literally there was a body on the streets of this town yesterday being eaten by rats because this woman had been laying in the street for 48 hours. And there's not enough facilities to take her up.

Do you get the anger that is out here?

LANDRIEU: Anderson, I have the anger inside of me. Most of the homes in my family have been destroyed. Our homes have been destroyed. I understand what you're saying, and I know all of those details. And the president of the United States knows those details.

COOPER: Well, who are you angry at?

LANDRIEU: I'm not angry at anyone. I'm just expressing that it is so important for everyone in this nation to pull together, for all military assets and all assets to be brought to bare in this situation.

And I have every confidence that this country is as great and as strong as we can be do to that. And that effort is under way.

COOPER: Well, I mean, there are a lot of people here who are kind of ashamed of what is happening in this country right now, what is -- ashamed of what is happening in your state, certainly.

And that's not to blame the people who are there. It's a desperate situation. But I guess, you know, who can -- I mean, no one seems to be taking responsibility.

I mean, I know you say there's a time and a place for, kind of, you know, looking back, but this seems to be the time and the place. I mean, there are people who want answers, and there are people who want someone to stand up and say, "You know what? We should have done more. Are all the assets being brought to bare?"

LANDRIEU: Anderson, Anderson...

COOPER: I mean, today, for the first time, I'm seeing National Guard troops in this town.

LANDRIEU: Anderson, I know. And I know where you are. And I know what you're seeing. Believe me, we know it. And we understand, and there will be a time to talk about all of that. Trust me.

I know what the people are suffering. The governor knows. The president knows. The military officials know. And they're trying to do the very best they can to stabilize the situation.

Senator Vitter, our congressional delegation, all of us understand what is happening. We are doing our very, very best to get the situation under control.

But I want to thank the president. He will be here tomorrow, we think. And the military is sending assets as we speak.

So, please, I understand. You might say I'm a politician, but I grew up in New Orleans. My father was the mayor of that city. I've represented that city my whole life, and it's just not New Orleans. It's St. Bernard, and St. Tammany, and Plaquemines Parish that have been completely underwater.

Our levee system has failed. We need a lot of help. And the Congress has been wonderful to help us, and we need more help.

Nobody's perfect, Anderson. Everybody has to stand up here. And I know you understand. So thank you so much for everything you're doing.

COOPER: Well, I appreciate you joining us on the program tonight. I can only imagine how busy you are. Thank you very much, Senator Landrieu.

LANDRIEU: Thank you, Anderson. Thank you so much. Thank you.

COOPER: And good luck to you and all the people working to solve this problem. Because, at this point, it is very hard to try to figure our how this problem is going to get solved. There was a desperate search that we have been following for a baby. We have some great news. This baby has just been found. We're going to talk to the parents of this child. We are just getting this information in. Stay with us. There is a lot ahead to talk about in this next hour.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0509/01/acd.01.html

http://crooksandliars.com/

586467295[/snapback]

Thanks for the link, its amazing this politician seems to only mention the homes, the places are under water etc... Yet she doesn't mention THE PEOPLE... other then BUSH.... People are dying in the streets, why can't they drop food like they did in IRAQ.. etc.. Jesus. Cooper is right, she would be singing a different tune if she was the one sitting there with her new born baby in her arms dying from dehydration, heat exhaustion etc... She would be crying bloddy murder.

And then she has the nerve to again to thank Bush for coming tomorrow... WTF is he gonna do he can't drop water/food, he can't rescue people.... What a fn mess!

The people down there don't know whats going on, someone needs to tell them by way of loud speakers or something, that they are not being abandoned to die there. They have no idea was happening, they are all acting on rumors, which as we can see what happens with that in IRAQ the other day with the rumor that caused 1000+ people to die.

God help those people down there.

I love how she says "I know what they are going through, the president knows too' THey don't know crap, until they are in the shoes of those people they don't have a clue

+1 respect for cooper.

586468387[/snapback]

Bingo... now he is speaking for the people, unlike the senators and officials who are sitting comfortably and saying things are going bad, but this is not the time to discuss why. :rolleyes:

And then she has the nerve to again to thank Bush for coming tomorrow...

For what reason, so he can maybe lift a piece of lumber and say he helped? He aint gonna do ****, because it'll mess up his tux! They're telling us that we need to "conserve" oil, yet he just wasted 2 round trips to and from New Orleans? I think he needs to eat his own damn words!

Stupid politicans can't do crap, stupid stupid Congress, so slow. Bush, retarded and slower, how could they have NOT seen this coming, I don't understand that at all. I mean, you have this huge ass hurricane, mandatory evacuation, way early, everyone atleast survives, but noo..you wait, :rolleyes:

Would you rather he NOT go down there? The reason it helps that he go down there is people WANT him down there. The problems with evacuating local people has nothing to do with the federal government - the governor of the state and the mayor are the only ones who do stuff like that. You guys just take politics too far sometimes. The problem is that the mayor and the governor had no plan for this. The federal government assists the state and local governments in these efforts - and that is slow because there was no plan.

Would you rather he NOT go down there? The reason it helps that he go down there is people WANT him down there. The problems with evacuating local people has nothing to do with the federal government - the governor of the state and the mayor are the only ones who do stuff like that. You guys just take politics too far sometimes. The problem is that the mayor and the governor had no plan for this. The federal government assists the state and local governments in these efforts - and that is slow because there was no plan.

586469077[/snapback]

local governers are completely powerless without the federal government in these situations it WOULD be VERY IGNORANT to think any other way.

586469077[/snapback]

The federal government could of forced it. Inact some new law through the President (executive order), get everyone the hell out of LA. What's so hard about that?

The thing is, Bush going down is, USELESS. He can't do ****. :sleep:

This is why sometimes a half assed Democratic governmental system is bad, it's just too slow, and nobody can do **** right.