Light is God himself

[offtopic]

Nothing can accelerate to the speed of light. And you actually can't reach 1c. You can only accelerate something to 0.9999999999c, in other words lim(x->1-) x, but not 1. That is possible even today. Not for spaceships though. I think they do such things at CERN with electrons.

However, I thought I had read something about some "tachyons" which are supposed to travel faster than light. Not sure how much of that is true though.

[/offtopic]

Back on topic, if God is light, then I guess man has managed to create God using just batteries.

Throw in the fact that light isn't omnipotent...

586478330[/snapback]

That has yet to be proven. There are theories that suggest light contains an enourmous amount of energy.

Speed of light is calculated from two values. The permittivity of free space and the permeability of free space. Photons are the electromagnetic force particle. Photons we see are real and the force ones like in electric fields are virtual. Photons are massless. There are many other parrallel and symmetric force particles. There are 4 fundamental forces. Weak, Strong, Electromagnetic, and Gravitational. Weak and Strong act on very short distances but are the strongest. They are the particles that hold protons together and nucleii together (in case you wondered why so many protons can be jammed in together). W and Z bosons mediate the weak nuclear force. Gluons mediate the strong. Gravity is interresting. WE're not really sure what to make of it. Higgs fields supposedly have a higgs particle with a 0 spin. Gravitons are another guess and they supposedly have a spin of 2 (bosons) and 0 rest mass. Gravitons are from string theory IIRC.

The energy in a photon of light is e = hf where e is energy, h is plancks, and f is frequency. This equation tells you why some fire is blue, others are red. In this case photons are emitted when electrons jump energy levels (change orbitals). This is well over 100 years old and well tested. In fact, the photoelectric effect was what einstein won the nobel prize for (not relativity).

This is the actual relativity. E = mc^2 is the rest-mass energy. P is momentum.

E^2 = (mc^2)^2 + (pc)^2,

Perhaps you guys might be interrested in relativity and maxwell equations. Einsteins paper was written in plain english if you want to read it, but the math is mostly 2nd/3rd year math.

Also on group velocities maybe you guys will like this applet to help visualize.

http://galileo.phys.virginia.edu/classes/1...upVelocity.html

Edited by Goalie_CA

Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. Crossing the speed of light barrier from either a faster or a slower speed is disallowed. Could you reach the speed of 160 Km/h in a car without passing the speed of 150 KM/h. And Tom google the post you quoted and you will learn that it is true. E=mc^2 says that energy is equal to the rest mass of the object times the speed of light squared. A common misconception in this formula Tom. The notion of a system's mass increases as the system approaches the speed of light is utterly false.

I made a research on this and all the articles I read confirm that objects require infinite amounts of energy to travel in the speed of light since the amount of energy added to the opposition to the increase of velocity is more than that added to increase the speed of a spaceship for example.

586469487[/snapback]

Ok...? and its also important to realise that the speed of light is not a "speed limit" in the conventional sense. An observer chasing a beam of light will measure it moving away from him at the same speed as a stationary observer. This leads to some unusual consequences for velocities.

Using a Stimulated Brillouin Scattering (SBS) method, a group was able to slow a light signal down by a factor of 3.6, creating a sort of temporary "optical memory." They were also able to create extreme conditions in which the light signal travelled faster than 300 million meters a second. And even though this seems to violate all sorts of cherished physical assumptions, Einstein needn't move over ? relativity isn't called into question, because only a portion of the signal is affected.

Slowing down light is considered to be a critical step in the ability to process information optically.

Back on topic, if God is light, then I guess man has managed to create God using just batteries.

586477535[/snapback]

Yea, that might be a bit of a problem for people who want to believe that literally God is light. You wouldn't want me walking around with a little bit of God stored in some double A's in my back pocket.

Obviously light isn't omnipresent. We do have a little thing called "the night" when our little blue-green marble doesn't face the sun from my location.

your posts NEVER DO CEASE TO AMAZE ME :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now, we come to the main subject for this topic. We all know that light is everywhere anytime,

light is NOT everywhere anytime. the speed of light is NOT infinite, and thus it takes TIME for light to cover vast distances. there are parts of the universe which we cannot yet see, because their light has not yet arrived here.

it takes the sun's light 8 minutes to get to earth, so if the sun were gone suddenly, we would not find out for 8 minutes.

since at the speed of light time is null.

Hence light is omnipresent, and it is independent of time.

light is NOT omnipresent. if i were at space holding a flashlight, pointing it away from the earth, turning it on and immediately off, people on earth would not see if. moreover, not everyone in space would see it.

if light is omnipresent, why do i not see the sun at night?

Photons from the Sun traveling at the speed of light, have infinite mass, right?

it takes an INFINITE amount of energy to accelerate an ELECTRON to the speed of light, so how much energy it would take to accelerate photons, which "have infinite mass" to the speed of light?

if you google it, you would find that photons have ZERO mass, as anything with mass cannot travel at the speed of light. but photons DO have momentum. may i remind you that momentum = mass * velocity, and mass = 0

:sleep:

Hence, when photons hit the earth, it should destroy our planet. But, no it doesn?t, why? I certainly don?t know why, it is either incomprehensible or might be discovered in the future.

when photons (of visible light) hit anything, they just stop. that's why you cannot see through walls with your eyes. if you shine light on something much more fragile than earth, say a piece of paper, or even expose it to the light of the sun, it is not destroyed by the almighty photons. care to explain why?

God said in the Qur?an said he is everywhere anytime.

since you brought up the subject of physics, what is god made of? light? but light cannot speak. is god made of matter? buyt matter cannot occupy 2 distinct places in space at the same EXACT time. so, what is god made of?

Also, we know that light created this universe.

We know that earth once was light, that started by sub atomic particles that originated from light.

no, it was the Big Bang. light was a consequence, not the source.

how do we know? where is the proof? if we know, i am sure the internet and text books would at least mention it somewhere?

the earth was once LIQUID, but that is very different than light. you cannot convert light to matter. you can convert energy to matter, and vice versa, but light IS NOT energy - light HAS energy.

so, how did the earth become matter? care to shed some light on it?

Hence we now know that light is omnificent or omnipotent.

no, i am afraid we do not know it. you may know it, but this is not true.

light, for a counter example, cannot turn the time back, nor can it resurrect dead people, thus it is NOT omnipotent.

Only one factor remains. I truly can?t believe how this universe can stabilize itself, and I think that light is the one.

Maybe photons contain commands for the planets. Who knows? It may be proven in the future. Hence light is omniscience.

the one WHAT?

oh, photons most definitely contain commands to the planets, written in hardcore assembly that only planets can receieve, understand, decode and execute when their parent stars are being formed

This is only theoretical prove for light to be God himself.

this is no proof, but a pile of self-contradictory bullsh*t

I apologize from God and all religious people if this was wrong. This topic is no flamebait, so please resepect all people's opinions.

586468394[/snapback]

right, and while you're at it, tell him that his arguments are incorrect and not worthy of any consideration

walking around with a little bit of God stored in some double A's in my back pocket.

586480327[/snapback]

:laugh: lol...a little bit of god in my pocket :rofl:

You do know that there are no infinities in the formula E=mc^2, right?

586469029[/snapback]

No relativity for mr Servo?

bff4d404471e036d1ffc92ce6820e871.png

This is the idea, gamma approaches infinity as v approaches c. And mass becomes mass times gamma. Thus, E becomes infinite.