Jewish Gunman Not a terrorist

Jewish gunman was no terrorist, Israel rules

Chris McGreal in Jerusalem

Thursday September 1, 2005

The Guardian

Four Arab Israelis shot dead by a soldier opposed to the closure of the Gaza Strip settlements are not victims of "terror" because their killer was Jewish, Israel's defence ministry has ruled, and so their families are not entitled to the usual compensation for life.

The ministry concluded that the law only recognises terrorism as committed by "organisations hostile to Israel" even though the prime minister, Ariel Sharon, described the killings by Private Eden Nathan Zaada, 19, as "a despicable act by a bloodthirsty terrorist."

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He shot dead four people on a bus in the Arab Israeli town of Shfaram on August 4 and was then lynched by a mob.

Arab Israeli leaders have condemned the decision. Mohammed Barakeh, an Arab member of the Israeli parliament who lives in Shfaram, said: "The decision raises a strong scent of racism, which distinguishes between a Jewish terrorist and an Arab terrorist."

The defence ministry proposes to pay the families of the Shfaram victims an undisclosed lump sum instead of a lifelong monthly amount.

But Mr Barakeh says that denies the dead their recognition as victims of terrorism. He noted that Arabs who had committed individual attacks but were not members of armed organisations had still been branded by the Israeli government as terrorists.

Mr Barakeh has proposed an amendment to the law, recognising anyone harmed by "hostile activities by a terrorist organisation" as a victim of terror and therefore entitled to full compensation.

There was pressure to amend the law in 1990 after a 21-year-old Israeli soldier, Ami Popper, shot dead seven Palestinian workers. But it was not approved by parliament.

Guardian.

Yeah well i will say it he was jewish and a scumbag murdering terrorist

just like the rest of their mossad scumbags.

Isreal is terror in the eyes of palastine and me.

Actually, do we mind? He might not be a terrorist but he's still a murderer.

We go and compare the activities done by Islamic Militant groups with those that are Jewish, who's killing more?

Jewish gunman was no terrorist, Israel rules

Chris McGreal in Jerusalem

Thursday September 1, 2005

The Guardian

Four Arab Israelis shot dead by a soldier opposed to the closure of the Gaza Strip settlements are not victims of "terror" because their killer was Jewish, Israel's defence ministry has ruled, and so their families are not entitled to the usual compensation for life.

The ministry concluded that the law only recognises terrorism as committed by "organisations hostile to Israel" even though the prime minister, Ariel Sharon, described the killings by Private Eden Nathan Zaada, 19, as "a despicable act by a bloodthirsty terrorist."

Article continues

He shot dead four people on a bus in the Arab Israeli town of Shfaram on August 4 and was then lynched by a mob.

Arab Israeli leaders have condemned the decision. Mohammed Barakeh, an Arab member of the Israeli parliament who lives in Shfaram, said: "The decision raises a strong scent of racism, which distinguishes between a Jewish terrorist and an Arab terrorist."

The defence ministry proposes to pay the families of the Shfaram victims an undisclosed lump sum instead of a lifelong monthly amount.

But Mr Barakeh says that denies the dead their recognition as victims of terrorism. He noted that Arabs who had committed individual attacks but were not members of armed organisations had still been branded by the Israeli government as terrorists.

Mr Barakeh has proposed an amendment to the law, recognising anyone harmed by "hostile activities by a terrorist organisation" as a victim of terror and therefore entitled to full compensation.

There was pressure to amend the law in 1990 after a 21-year-old Israeli soldier, Ami Popper, shot dead seven Palestinian workers. But it was not approved by parliament.

Guardian.

Yeah well i will say it he was jewish and a scumbag murdering terrorist

just like the rest of their mossad scumbags.

Isreal is terror in the eyes of palastine and me.

586473607[/snapback]

what can i say but :x

In most respects, non-Jewish Israelis enjoy full political and civic equality (although some laws favour Jewish citizens), but Israel is not a secular or multicultural state in the purest sense. It is official policy to preserve Israel as a Jewish state in both an ethnic and a religious sense.

Actually, do we mind? He might not be a terrorist but he's still a murderer.

We go and compare the activities done by Islamic Militant groups with those that are Jewish, who's killing more?

586473668[/snapback]

i care that isreal laws are racist even if nobody else does.

isreal's neighbours are terrorised by isreal.

586476464[/snapback]

Really? Last time I checked, the suicide bombers attacked Israel. Not Israelians bombing Palestien.

Let the Jews have their own land. They need a place to stay and live as well. There's plenty of room for Muslims and other religions to live together.

they have no right to roll i nto palastinian territory with their tanks and bull dozers and smash peaple out of their homes and killing anyone who gets in the way.

i cant think of a more terrifying thing to happen day in day out isreal should never have terrorised palistine and nobody would be looking at isreal like they looked at nazi germany.

they have no right to roll i nto palastinian territory with their tanks and bull dozers and smash peaple out of their homes and killing anyone who gets in the way.

i cant think of a more terrifying thing to happen day in day out isreal should never have terrorised palistine and nobody would be looking at isreal like they looked at nazi germany.

586479100[/snapback]

What the? Are you blind in one eye? You know palestinians roll into Israeli territory with trucks and blow up their homes and kill anyone who gets in the way. You can't fight with out two people fighting.

if isreal where doing the same to my country i would roll in there with a ****in nuke given half a chance try acting the same way if some ****in country next to you rolls in and starts smashing streets down and killing anyone that try's to stop them then putting barriers up to block you from your own land.

isreal can do whatever and america just throws more money at them becouse their neigbours are laiden with oil and america and isreal are both working hard to destroy the middle east to get their dirty stinking scumbag hands on it well heres a wakeup call you wont win the middle east your going to loose that war looking at the state of americas defences your in **** street at the moment with all your troops in iraq i would be worried about japan invading you and ****ing the lot of you.

Really? Last time I checked, the suicide bombers attacked Israel. Not Israelians bombing Palestien.

Let the Jews have their own land. They need a place to stay and live as well. There's plenty of room for Muslims and other religions to live together.

586477025[/snapback]

so true... and really surprised ....

586479100[/snapback]

thats because its not nazi germany

palestinian terrorists can blow up israleis in cafes thats fine.. but if israel retaliates everyone sits up and trashes them :angry:

What worries me the most is how far this hatred between the two regions will go. There seems to be no end to the violence in that region and it's in my list of top 10 places I will never want to go. Second to hell.

The only solution I can see is to drive both countries into the ground, we cant have that so I guess we have to filter out the people with rage in their hearts.

I thought the topic was about who is regarded as a terrorist. In this case israeli government is playing a partisan role. A jewish man kills 4 arabs and arabs are not compensated properly because govt considers it as not terrorism. Thats the point being made and not who is right or wrong.

About the wrongs, both the sides are equally guilty for doing wrongs on others.

thats because its not nazi germany

palestinian terrorists can blow up israleis in cafes thats fine.. but if israel retaliates everyone sits up and trashes them  :angry:

586481918[/snapback]

its actually the opposite

you dont hear even the start of what isreal does daily in palistine but when a palistian chucks a brick its all over the news.

your just sheep.

its actually the opposite

you dont hear even the start of what isreal does daily in palistine but when a palistian chucks a brick its all over the news.

your just sheep.

586484374[/snapback]

Its actually the opposite. You're the sheep seeing that everyone else who has posted here hasn't really taken any sides except you.

Its actually the opposite.  You're the sheep seeing that everyone else who has posted here hasn't really taken any sides except you.

586484395[/snapback]

when a palistinian farts it is on the news as a terrorist attack when isreal plow down 50 palistinian houses and kill 10 residents including women and children it doesnt even hit the headlines.

when a palistinian farts it is on the news as a terrorist attack when isreal plow down 50 palistinian houses and kill 10 residents including women and children it doesnt even hit the headlines.

586485333[/snapback]

Wow I'd love to read that news story, gotta link?

if isreal where doing the same to my country i would roll in there with a ****in nuke given half a chance

586480012[/snapback]

You are part of the reason this "War" is still continuing.

if isreal where doing the same to my country i would roll in there with a ****in nuke given half a chance

586480012[/snapback]

If palestinian terrorists were to do the same thing they do in Israel to your country...