Why We Must Stay in Iraq

If the US just up and left one day the Iraqi people would kill each other in a bloody thirst for power. The only good thing that Saddam Hussein did was to keep ethnic conflict to a minimum (not unlike Tito in Yugoslavia). Once there is a power vacuum, however, everything would go to anarchy (again, not unlike Yugoslavia).

I wonder about the people that say that America should just leave (after creating the mess in the first place). Do they want to see America look bad so much that they would sacrafice the Iraqi people to that end?

There was a power vacuum in NOLA recently and look how quickly that turned to anarchy.

(and by anarchy, I mean the Mad Max style of anarchy not some spontaneous egalitarian order)

If the US just up and left one day the Iraqi people would kill each other in a bloody thirst for power.  The only good thing that Saddam Hussein did was to keep ethnic conflict to a minimum (not unlike Tito in Yugoslavia).  Once there is a power vacuum, however, everything would go to anarchy (again, not unlike Yugoslavia).

I wonder about the people that say that America should just leave (after creating the mess in the first place).  Do they want to see America look bad so much that they would sacrafice the Iraqi people to that end?

There was a power vacuum in NOLA recently and look how quickly that turned to anarchy.

586534636[/snapback]

Actaully I think some of those who want us to immediately pull out DO want it to end horrbily to continue their "Bush is the Most Evil Man on the Planet" crusade.

Who's talking about winning?At this point,it's not even about winning,it's about getting the job done and doing it right,then,getting out of there.Unfortunately,we have to stay and finish what was started. Alot of things have been done and it would be wrong to pull out now.

586515915[/snapback]

It is not going to be a question of right over wrong that will decide when the US pulls out of Iraq but economics. With the US deficit growing by leaps and bounds and hurricane katrina's cost goinging to add another 100 billion to the tally, the US will do what it has always done, let money do the talking. It is after all why the war there was started in the first place.

I merged "How many civilians must die before we leave Iraq" with "Why We Must Stay in Iraq" because they are essentially the same topic (from a different perspective).

rumbleph1sh posted first and the system always sorts merged threads chronologically (in case anyone is wondering why his post ended up first)

[Threads Merged]

Edit: I also merged "All this...for what?" for the same reason.

I don't want to have to say the same thing thrice.