BF2 1.03 Details Leaked

Agree with previous post bout medics. Happened to me just other day too, under heavy fire, got revived, and died 3 seconds later, nother medic, differant one at least, revives me again, got revived like 7 times and I wanted to scream STOP REVIVING ME SO I CAN SPAWN SOMEWHERE ELSE DANGIT !

ARGH! You're one of them!

I apologize to all medic here, but I hate medics. Everytime I don't want to live, in the middle of heavy fire, you guys revive me, but when I need to live again, you are never there! Sometimes there are too many medics, sometimes just to get huge points and do nothing to help. One time my buddy got killed six times because a medic kept reviving him, in the middle of heavy fire.

The one thing I wanted changed is increased bonuses for actually killing the enemy and less points for healing, making the game more focused on killing the enemy instead of reviving your buddies, who don't have enough help because medics are too busy being oppurtunistic point-######.

586502241[/snapback]

You misunderstand. I'm not the sort of person who joins the game solely to get stats for being a medic. If I can get as many kills as possible I will. I also normally (99% of the time) switch in game to assault or engineer whenever it's needed. If my team has it's artillery or trailer destroyed I'll ask for someone to fix it if they're closer. They never do cause people don't know about teamwork so I'll often end up doing it myself.

As much as the game tries to promote teamwork, there is still too many noobs out for themselves, and it's pretty sickening asking for backup on a flag being taken but no one comes as they're too busy messing about.

You misunderstand. I'm not the sort of person who joins the game solely to get stats for being a medic. If I can get as many kills as possible I will. I also normally (99% of the time) switch in game to assault or engineer whenever it's needed. If my team has it's artillery or trailer destroyed I'll ask for someone to fix it if they're closer. They never do cause people don't know about teamwork so I'll often end up doing it myself.

As much as the game tries to promote teamwork, there is still too many noobs out for themselves, and it's pretty sickening asking for backup on a flag being taken but no one comes as they're too busy messing about.

586502728[/snapback]

Agreed, but the sad fact is that with the nature of the ranking system theres alot of tards that just join games to raise their kill count as high as possible as in any fps, just more so here :(.

:D hooray! ima be chillin on parts of the apaches now and it wont kill me!

one thing i would like to see: e-brake... it sucks when people (though their fault) run in front of you, and the 'brakes' dont really do anything...

Hopefully this patch will address all the problems that where having, but as far as how people act there isn't a patch for that you'll still get teamkills for honest reasons and you'll still get punished for them. You'll still have rambos running around firing off there machine guns like a mad man, but I won't worry I'll be around the corner waiting with my shotgun ready to turn them into a screaming rag doll.

EA should have given USMC the little bird instead of the black hawk or the apache or even better got rid of the apache and given us the AH64 which would be a better match for the MEC/Chinese heli. Another vehicle I missed is the A10 how can you have a game centered partly in the middle east and not have a warthog get rid of the F-15 we don't need two jet fighters that can drop ordinance at 100 feet and sustain very little or no damage which is another stupid "bug".

On the subject of bugs I've been having a problem where I'd join a server and I'd be back in recruit tags with no unlock(M95) I have to disconnect logout log back in and rejoin to get my lance corporal tags, and gun back odd.

Well tohave an A10 you would have to have a very long flight path considering the gun is mounted on the nose. They would have to dive and do their dirty work. They could put it in larget maps I guess.

Personally, I'd like to see more rewards for global scores, in shorter increments.

How about implementing weapon addons, uniforms, etc.

For example, score 500 more points and get an aimpoint sight, higher capacity magazine or surpressor.

Get 500 more and get a cooler uniform.

Follow the Tiger Woods series' approach. Still have the ranking as is, but have a whole bunch of "stuff" available to earn and use in-game.

Some nice things in there, looking forward to this patch :D

Worth the wait i guess... Even though alot of those thing should have been standard when the game was released (favorites etc..) I will am glad it was released earlier rather then later...

I agree, I'm currently sitting at 8945 and it's been a LOOONG road since 1000. Almost there though. I'm just not sure what I'll do after hitting 10.5K. I can't see myself dragging this out to 25 thousand...

I agree, I'm currently sitting at 8945 and it's been a LOOONG road since 1000.? Almost there though.? I'm just not sure what I'll do after hitting 10.5K.? I can't see myself dragging this out to 25 thousand...

586520547[/snapback]

I just broke 7000 last night, and it has felt like an eternity already. All I care about right now is getting to 10000. At this point I cannot even imagine getting to 2500:wacko:ko:

So I completely agree with your post before this one. They really need to add some more incentives in-between the "main level ups" that they have established now. It is just way to large of a gap in-between some of them in order to be realistic for a decent amount of players, especially older ones with responsibilities and jobs.

I truly mean no offense to anyone who can play all day everyday, more power to you and I wish I was young again, but for those of us who are older and actually have to work for a living, it really is a completely hard task to get so many points when we can only play a few hours a week. We need a better reason to keep playing.

With that said, I will be damned if I do not get to 10k, that is for sure, so maybe they did do something right:laugh:gh:

I feel ya. I work 10-12 hours a day and come home to an infant, a 3 year old and an annoyed wife. I only get to play after everyone goes to bed. I usually start at 10pm and end around 2am about five times a week.

That said, playing BF2 is starting to feel like work. Getting that next unlock has become a personal goal of mine. It's sick if you really think about it. I've logged 96 Hours and 12 minutes playing on ranked servers... the most time I've spent with ANY game and I'm not even close to being done with it.

Bad new for you DirtyLarry. The next unlock is at 10,500 points, not 10,000. Bring on the Prozac.

I feel ya.  I work 10-12 hours a day and come home to an infant, a 3 year old and an annoyed wife.  I only get to play after everyone goes to bed.  I usually start at 10pm and end around 2am about five times a week.

That said, playing BF2 is starting to feel like work.  Getting that next unlock has become a personal goal of mine.  It's sick if you really think about it.  I've logged 96 Hours and 12 minutes playing on ranked servers... the most time I've spent with ANY game and I'm not even close to being done with it.

Bad new for you DirtyLarry.  The next unlock is at 10,500 points, not 10,000.  Bring on the Prozac.

586520729[/snapback]

:o :s :s 10,500? not 10k?? OMFG. Wow. I did not know that. You are damn right my man, bring on the Prozac FOR REAL.

Minus the infant, I am more or less in the same boat as you. I dont get to play much on weeknights though so I usually make up for it on Friday or Saturday night and stay up until 3 or 4.

And I definitely agree with you, it is at this point a sickness, I truly agree 110% It is sad at this point, truly sad. I personally have spent 64 hours 25 minutes playing the game. I know I have played CS more than that, but by the time I am done with BF2, whenever the hell that may be, the 100 or so hours I spent playing CS will look like a joke, and that is sad, without a doubt.

However, damn it all to hell, I absolutely love the game. Brilliant in most regards.

Oh well, 500 more than I thought. At this point in time, although it first hit me like a ton of bricks when you said that, after thinking about it, I mean what is really 500 more points?

With that said, Good Luck and congrats in advanced when you reach 10,500.

The only reason I made it past 10500 is because I would only play on Karkand.  Now I just play to have fun and score of coursed. Iplay sniper a lot more now and fly planes.

586521151[/snapback]

Although I without a doubt play Karkand more often than any other map, I did play some others now and then to mix it up.

However, and the reason I quoted you, is lately all I have been playing is Karkand. It is exactly for the reason that you said...

It is much easier, and again maybe because I do play it more often, but it is definitely easier to get high scoring rounds when playing Karkand.

I also might finally give being a commander a whirl soon too, as I have only tried it once for about 5 minutes. My problem is though I am going to have to fight and not sit back when being a commander, I just know it.

So hopefully I dont lose the round for my team being a in the action commander. Because to me, even though thanks to EA I have this sickness about the points, there is still nothing better than getting a decent score but being on the winning team, rather than getting the best score but being on the the losing team.

Winning is easy, but as long as you have random people playing it will never be. If a squad leader will sit back with a full squad ans spawn them at vital points, it's too easy. but you have all these lone wolves, tank ######, and broken squads. one squad can change the course but I don't want to be commander on a bad team.

I really hope there are more fixes for the TK punish. I never lay Mines or Claymores because of it.

And, I am not the type of jackass that would lay mines at the entrance to the base. I'd lay them on the road, easily in view of teamates, who still hit them in a jeep carrying three people, and, of course, I get 3 TK punishses.

I liked the old way better with the mines. They are there for you to see, if you hit them, your fault.

Seriously, i lay mines, and I am like "EAST ROAD MINED. BEWARE". Then I am on the cell phone, putting out an APB saying "ROAD MINED" I am sending out emails about the mines, typing telegraphs, using string and cups, and STILL, people hit my mines, and punish me :(

I really hope there are more fixes for the TK punish.  I never lay Mines or Claymores because of it.

And, I am not the type of jackass that would lay mines at the entrance to the base.  I'd lay them on the road, easily in view of teamates, who still hit them in a jeep carrying three people, and, of course, I get 3 TK punishses.

I liked the old way better with the mines.  They are there for you to see, if you hit them, your fault. 

Seriously, i lay mines, and I am like "EAST ROAD MINED.  BEWARE".  Then I am on the cell phone, putting out an APB saying "ROAD MINED"  I am sending out emails about the mines, typing telegraphs, using string and cups, and STILL, people hit my mines, and punish me  :(

586535560[/snapback]

lol, the only thing im looking forward to being fixed is the dodgy mouse accelerarion when you stand still and look from left to right & back again, the movement is jerky, but in vehicles theres no problem, just on foot. (idle) running or walking + looking is fine.

The thing i hate is when you get jackass teammates who either:

A) Lay a mine right in from of you when you are driveing.

B) Don't know how to fly and take off in your teams helicopter with ppl in it.

C)Who shoot you when your running towards a vehicle because they want it.