How much wine before I get drunk?

I have never had alcohol before, tonight I'm goin to drink it (wine). How much do you think I can bear before I get drunk? I know this varies from person to person, but even so I'd like to know an avarege limit or something, I don't want to get drunk because I'm supposed to do some work later. Do I know before I get drunk that it's enough? how do I feel it?

Just take your time. We can't just tell you how much. When the effects start coming, trust me, you'll know. Just stop drinking once you're feeling them and you'll be fine.

Other than that.. well, if you're a big guy, chances are it'll take longer for you to get drunk, and vice versa.

i'd guess three red wine glasses (~150mls) and you'll be feeling the effects. A bottle (750mls) and you'll be buzzing. 2 bottle and you'll be pucking.

This is only a guide and depends on: your weight, metabolic rate and how fast you drink. (the quicker and the thinner the less you'll have to drink to be drunk!)

It totally depends basically on your weight/height and age/sex like SittingBull asked, but it more depends on the amount of fat in your body because the alcohol is fat soluable I believe, so it gets stored in your fat cells. Thus the higher the fat density in your body, the more you can store meaning you can drink a lot more without getting drunk.

I'm fifiteen years old male, 66 kg, 1,80 metres

You say fast, is that like one glass and I'm drunk?

Edited by albinoyellowsheep

your go up the drinking hump where you feel you could drink all day then it will suddenly kick in and your know youve had all you need- which by then its too late....

if all else fails steal a sober friend to let you know when things are going down hill :D

a bottle will get most people pretty drunk. Just have a glass, wait a bit and see how you feel.

When you say .. Work ... as in a job ? like where you get paid? i woudnt drink before going to work.

But if you mean something like painting you house it makes it less painfull, drink away!

Two Glass should be plenty. You have to watch out because will sneak up on you. After a glass you should stop and drink a glass of water. That way will get the feeling to where you are at. You don't want to get sloppy drunk if you are going out unless it's with people you normally hang out with

Have fun !!!

I'm fifiteen years old male, 66 kg, 1,80 metres

You say fast, is that like one glass and I'm drunk?

586499878[/snapback]

Ofcourse not, I'm a 16 year old male, and I can drink a good 4-5 glasses before I start to feel a bit tipsy (light headedish). You'll feel the effects when they come, I recommend that you drink one glass wait 15 minutes or so - drink another etc. When you feel a bit uncomfortable, then stop there.

-MI6Labs.

P.S. I'm 16 however in my country it's legal to drink at this age, so please no flaming 8-)

Walk in a straight line for 10-20 meters. If you can't, you're drunk :p

Seriously, if you've never done this before, try to keep it down to two glasses (maybe even less).

I don't think I'll pass more than one and a half glass at most.

I'm going to have red wine with cheese and buiscuits, as well as a wine-melon my friend tried to make. I've heard, If I eat some bread or something before I drink, the alchohol will absorb into it and I will tolerate more?

First of all your fifteen, don't drink. Second of all just have a glass. Doubtfull you'll feel too much. But take it slow and you'll be well aware of the changes. Just stop when you're tipsy. Which is the point when everything becomes more funny and if you move your head real fast from one side to the other, you'll feel a tad lightheaded.

I think no more then 3 cause then youll start feeling the effects.

Drink 1 glass every 20 minutes, with some water in between if you want. Water will help dilute the wine and clam your stomach.

3 glasses in an hour will get you feeling the alcohol but not silly drunk, but youll feel your lips loosen a little, youll be more comfortable and friendly.

After the wine, if you need to do some work or something just drink some gatorade or another kind of energy drink with sugars, this will stop the after effects you may get like a headache because its your first time.

Follow this info and you should be able to enjoy yourself and the wine without any consequences!

I'd say 1 and a half to 2 glasses will make you feel "lighter", from there on gauge yourself how you are feeling.

586499903[/snapback]

i agree with what sitting bull is saying, but people saying that you will be drunk on 1 or 2 glasses isnt right,

dont forget it can vary on the wine! Red wine usually will make you more drunk quicker as it can by spicier and more heavy than white.