Large Portions of Los Angeles Losing Power...

Source: Link

Large Portion of Los Angeles Loses Power

Monday, September 12, 2005

LOS ANGELES ? A large portion of Los Angeles (search) was blacked out Monday when electrical power was lost.

The power got knocked out shortly before 1 p.m. after two power surges.

Traffic lights throughout downtown and the San Fernando Valley were not working, causing major traffic problems, according to video from helicopter news crews.

Downtown highrises also were darkened.

The city's department of water and power said it was investigating the cause and extent of the outage.

Weird, they warned of terrorist threats to this city just a couple of days ago...wonder if related?....

A large portion of Los Angeles was blacked out Monday when electrical power was lost.

The power got knocked out shortly before 1 p.m. after two power surges.

Traffic lights throughout downtown and the San Fernando Valley were not working, causing major traffic problems, according to video from helicopter news crews.

Downtown highrises also were darkened.

The city's department of water and power said it was investigating the cause and extent of the outage.

News Source: FOXNews.com

Hope the PDC isn't going to be effected :wacko:

Edited by Hurmoth

nice sig PureLogic ;)

and that is kinda crazy.. reminds me of the massive power loss in Ontario threw the states.. when the transformers overloaded, and the circuit breakers failed LOL

Source: Link

Weird, they warned of terrorist threats to this city just a couple of days ago...wonder if related?....

586515286[/snapback]

I doubt its related, LA has always had major issues with power.

Mayb someone in the Hollywood studios is making a big movie and needs more juice! lol

Power cable accidently snapped at a distribution center by the guys working for Dept of Water and Power, no terroists here; portions are regaining power now though...

586515333[/snapback]

Source?

WOW all you care about is the PDC being cancelled or postponed....nice to know what others care about

586515426[/snapback]

So long as the story is just that power is lost, then yes... the PDC is a significant concern for those who have invested time in it.

If the story were something worse, then the PDC is the reason that I have many friends in LA this week.

Oh my god you're losing power?! Would it kill people to get off their asses and away from computers/tv and do something productive for once?

586515456[/snapback]

WTF Mate????!?!??

Calm the hell down. Seems you were on your ASS when you blasted this thread.

Get a life. And, Since you seem to like preaching. THe Catholic Church is looking for you.

WOW all you care about is the PDC being cancelled or postponed....nice to know what others care about

586515426[/snapback]

Of course not :no: However, it is after all the largest event going on there. I would NOT want anyone hurt or want anyone to die due to the power going out.

Oh my god you're losing power?! Would it kill people to get off their asses and away from computers/tv and do something productive for once?

586515456[/snapback]

um, hello!

When a terrorist group says that Los Angeles is next... and the day after it he says that... the city looses power, it kind of sounds suspicous. I'm pretty sure its not an attack, but you never know.