George Bush accepts "responsibility"

Do you think that George Bush accepting responsibility for the Federal Government's response to Katrina is enough?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that George Bush accepting responsibility for the Federal Government's response to Katrina is enough?

• Yes
    • No

I was wondering if people thought that this was enough. Of course, he hasn't said anything about accountability.

*EDIT* The full quote was "TO THE EXTENT the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility."

Edited by Master Shake

It's a start.  A concrete plan for improvement would be better.

586521339[/snapback]

I agree. It is a start. Please please please fred666, keep this thread clean!!! PLEEASE!!!

**MATURE POSTS ONLY**

Mature? Like rated [M] for mature? Oh baby...

j/k :laugh:

The full quote was "TO THE EXTENT the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility."

A rule of propaganda, is to bombard the masses with tons of information, repeating the same diatribe over and over (information overload) and then hit them with the one liner you want them to remember. Blame Game, Blame Game, Blame Game, Blame Game, Blame Game, Blame Game,Blame Game, Blame Game, Blame Game,Blame Game, Blame Game, Blame Game, "I take responsibility for Federal Failures After Katrina."

Don't we have enough threads pointing fingers at Bush re: Katrina already? :sleep:

This thread's obviously trying to twist 'taking responsiblity' into some sort of admission of wrongdoing or fault. The majority of failures lie in state and local government. Bush has taken responsibility only for the failures (if any) that lie within the fed. government.

Besides being noble and honorable, it's a great move on his part in many ways. It will pave the way to eliminate the middle man (state and local gov.) and give the federal government ultimate authority in many areas.

The full quote was "TO THE EXTENT the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility."

586521394[/snapback]

There is plenty of blame for all levels of government.

I don't really care who or where the blame is, that's past and does nothing. What I want is a complete list of where everything broke down, and a fix for them all. The way I see it personell of the respective agencies aren't there to make policy on the fly, they're there to enforce and carry out pre-planned policies already in place. So using my line of thinking I don't think anyone's "responsible", but I want the situation improved.

Everything should be done so well that we could put a chimp as the head of FEMA and all it would have to do is hit every paper with a stamp and everything would go swimmingly, that's what I want.

@Rumblef1sh

Besides being noble and honorable, it's a great move on his part in many ways. It will pave the way to eliminate the middle man (state and local gov.) and give the federal government ultimate authority in many areas.

See I don't want that, although I'm sure many do. Personally I like the Republic notion of our country. I don't want the Federal government to get even more power at the local level, in the case of natural disasters I would want the State to be the ultimate power and all Federal Aid should be subject to work under the State not in parralel(which seems harder to manage). Now in a Terrorist or outside attack I think at that point that the Federal government should have full power, but I don't want to cede more power to the Federal government over stuff like natural disasters.

But this is something we all need to start thinking about because everyone who's complaining about the hurricane saying it's the Federal governments fault, I'm assuming this is what they want, which is to cut the State out of the equation. it'll be interesting to see where this goes.

I don't really care who or where the blame is, that's past and does nothing.  What I want is a complete list of where everything broke down, and a fix for them all.  The way I see it personell of the respective agencies aren't there to make policy on the fly, they're there to enforce and carry out pre-planned policies already in place.  So using my line of thinking I don't think anyone's "responsible", but I want the situation improved. 

Everything should be done so well that we could put a chimp as the head of FEMA and all it would have to do is hit every paper with a stamp and everything would go swimmingly, that's what I want.

586522069[/snapback]

I agree completely.

586522069[/snapback]

Smart chimp. Where can I get one?

It's a start.  A concrete plan for improvement would be better.

586521339[/snapback]

that's how i feel, but he needs to do more than say that he takes responsibility. it really was an easy decision. if he didn't step up, he would've faced opposition from both parties or risked losing credibility. i hope it's more than a talking point and a call for some real investigation.

I don't really care who or where the blame is, that's past and does nothing.  What I want is a complete list of where everything broke down, and a fix for them all.  The way I see it personell of the respective agencies aren't there to make policy on the fly, they're there to enforce and carry out pre-planned policies already in place.  So using my line of thinking I don't think anyone's "responsible", but I want the situation improved.

exactly, although if you go through the list and identify errors, responsibilities will be exposed.