Do you like themeXP.org?

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like themeXP.org?

• yes, i love colorized luna!
    • no, that place sucks like a toothless hooker
    • who cares

themexp has always worked well for me, i visit deviant art and deskmod as well tho...

people have actually been QUITE kind to me in their comments on my themes, and in their votes, guess i lucked out or something ;)

Originally posted by BroChaos

was it before they lost all their data and had to start over?

when was this? I think I posted my wallpaper back in december? maybe january.

Holy crap Twist, you got your @$$ reamed at themexp. Well, ignore those morons, they apparently can't tell a good theme when they see it-they're all obsessed with making their comps look like crap.. i mean Mac.

Its the site that started it all, for me. If it weren't for them, I'd still be stuck with Luna, though I've found places, like here, that offer work of higher quality.

With Peace,

RenMan

OMFG, i just looked at the comments! WTF is wrong with the people at that site??? i'm ****ed now, that is just wrong.

it used to be good back in the good old days when it first started but recently the server has been down a lot and the quality of the themes submitted has gone downhill a lot

WTF!!!! is wrong with u ppl ???

U like it download it

U dont like it?? dont download

U made a VS?? upload it

Luna rips?? thats the must funny thing I heard

Originally posted by Beast_4thHM

WTF!!!! is wrong with u ppl ???

U like it download it

U dont like it?? dont download

U made a VS?? upload it

Luna rips?? thats the must funny thing I heard

luna rips... half of are basically colorized luna.

and what the hell are you talking about? we are not talking about the themes themselves, but the site.

I guarantee about 90% of the top rated themes on that site come from people who frequent these boards so...

i was talking from the perspective of someone who makes themes.

p.s.

yah i got it bad uploading that theme. 2 0's in 30 secs ;)

Hey Twist, I'm not bashing, but if you don't like ThemeXP.org why do you continue to upload your themes there?

I totally agree that the site has it's problems, but I happen to know that they are working with a staff of two. Not making excuses for them but that does make things a little more difficult.

Personally, I think the site would be 100% better if they did away with the rating/voting and comments section. It just doesn't work the way the admins expected it to. All I've ever seen that these sections do is inflame the artist because of the moron's that post their stupid comments. And ninety-nine percent of these comments are posted by people that have never submitted/created a wallpaper, let alone a theme.

By the way Twist, I am glad that you still upload your themes at ThemeXP. I find that it is the easiest place to download a theme from and it's nice to occasionally see a quality theme there that is worth downloading. So please don't stop because of my comment. ;)

Oh and I just went there and got your Synthetica theme. Looks great. Am using it right now. hehe.

Heh the site is pretty good but the forum users are total losers.

1. They think if you make a constructive/negative comment then you are evil so they molest you until you leave the board

2. Its bad to crack a $30 program but its ok to rip off a expensive product like Photohop, yet they still think they are 'goodies' for being a non-warez forum

3. And this isn't just the users, the moderators usually allow for this bullying and even leave some of their own fruitful comments.

and finally if you ever post a problem with StyleXP or any software they jump to the conclusion that you tried to crack it, WTF? Just because the developers don't release fixes for months after the initial release with files which refer to D:Source which you don't even have a D: its still YOUR fault for trying to crack StyleXP(And 90% of these people haven't even hear dof warez)

Pros :

Good central source for themes / Free

Cons:

Lots of the same theme recolored a dozen times by the same author uploaded multiple times to try and take over the 'Newest Themes' section.

Worst User Base in the World

Everyone loves to scream the word 'Rip' no matter if it's original or not... I mean, someone accused KoL of ripping someone on his ports....when he said it was a port and posted credit in the descript...

Thats how I see it.

Def the easiest site to download themes from, but I agree with one of the above posts, most people have such **** taste when it comes to themes. There are maybe 2-3 quality themes on that entire site.

GO WINDOWS CLASSIC!

I dont post on many forums cause most are full of lamers who just flame you, visit mircscripts.org for a great example...

Neowin is possibly one of the only places where you dont get many flames. Ooops forgot to include devart.com with neowin ;)

DEATH TO TEH LAM0RS :dead:

It sucked ever since the site crashed the first time, and ThemeXP.org used neowin to post news about the crash .. anyone remember that? Neobond got pretty ****ed.... There was like a million threads about "What happened to ThemeXP?" okay well not a million.. but you get the picture...

what you want is:

- themes yeah? we have 397 themexp 288

- Search possebiletys? we have several and more to come soon

- easy browsing? is browsing with your keyboard cursor

keys easy enough?

- quick page load? ours is 3 seconds

- to watch 100 wallpapers quick?

is arround 1 minute quick enough?

If you don't want that than stay away from http:///www.tss2000.nl :)

I would like to have the option to zoom in on the theme. That is what bothered me with themeXP.org also.

For the rest of the site I have to say: Goed gedaan jochie! :p

Originally posted by Hawk999

I would like to have the option to zoom in on the theme. That is what bothered me with themeXP.org also.

For the rest of the site I have to say: Goed gedaan jochie! :p

ok we will take the zoom idea in consideration thnx for thinking with us

greetz

Nick and Patty

en bedankt ;)