Dead Gorgeous

London: A Chinese cosmetics company is using skin harvested from the corpses of executed convicts to develop beauty products for sale in Europe, an investigation has discovered.

Agents for the company have told would-be customers it is developing collagen for lip and wrinkle treatments from skin taken from prisoners after they have been shot. The agents say some of the company's products have been exported to Britain, and that the use of skin from condemned convicts is "traditional" and nothing to "make such a big fuss about".

With European regulations to control cosmetic treatments such as collagen not expected for several years, doctors and politicians say the discovery highlights the dangers faced by the increasing number of Britons seeking to improve their looks. Apart from the ethical concerns, there is also the risk of infection.

The House of Commons select health committee is to examine the regulatory system and may launch an inquiry and question ministers about the need for immediate new controls.

"I am sure that the committee will want to look at this," said Kevin Barron, its Labour chairman. "This is something everyone in society will be very concerned about."

Plastic surgeons are also concerned about the delay in introducing regulations to control the cosmetic treatments industry.

A former president of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Norman Waterhouse, said: "I am surprised that we are taking the lead from the European Commission, because this is bound to delay action on this important area which is increasingly a matter for concern."

It is unclear whether any of the "aesthetic fillers" such as collagen available in Britain or on the internet are supplied by the company, which cannot be identified for legal reasons. It is also unclear if collagen made from prisoners' skin is in the research stage or is in production.

An agent told customers the company had exported to the US and Europe, and that it was trying to develop fillers using tissue from aborted foetuses.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/dead-gorg...6377316421.html

What the H*ll is the matter witht the world. If an individual did this they would be arrested and imprisoned. So why does "Big Business" think they can do what ever they want and how ever they want. Anything do justify making m0ney.

What the H*ll is the matter witht the world. If an individual did this they would be arrested and imprisoned. So why does "Big Business" think they can do what ever they want and how ever they want. Anything do justify making m0ney.

586523275[/snapback]

um...it did say China...

I Chinese and to tell you the truth, not many people in China would be concerned with ethical issues...they've got bigger things to worry about such as Japan and Taiwan.

um...and i thought this topic was a pic of a hot chick or something...but that's just wrong.

586523274[/snapback]

....yeah, with a lead-in smilie like this: :x, and the words 'dead gorgeous' ....make that a 'hot' dead chick.....

anyways.

Takes the pressure off the Whales :p

The beauty products from the skin of executed Chinese prisoners

? Cosmetics firm targets UK market ?

Lack of regulation puts users at risk

Ian Cobain and Adam Luck

Tuesday September 13, 2005

The Guardian

A Chinese cosmetics company is using skin harvested from the corpses of executed convicts to develop beauty products for sale in Europe, an investigation by the Guardian has discovered.

Agents for the firm have told would-be customers it is developing collagen for lip and wrinkle treatments from skin taken from prisoners after they have been shot. The agents say some of the company's products have been exported to the UK, and that the use of skin from condemned convicts is "traditional" and nothing to "make such a big fuss about".

Guardian UK

Is this any different than someone donating organs, i.e. heart, kidney, etc? Of course, this prisoners were never consulted after they died.

Edit: Title

Edited by curme

LOL its kind of some sort of ironic social statement there, just I haven't found it yet.

Well I guess they're scum most likely if they're executed but then over in China not neccessarily.

I'll buy jar of pedophile skin to burn it though, I'm sure many people would.

Some beauty products businesses past and present have a really ulgy darkside that never make the light of day, animal testing and now this. Its scary to think about what hasnt been found out.