Dead Gorgeous

People who think this is "OK" are frickin' sick! They might be dead, but they are still human beings. Do that with the dead from New Orleans? Think not... frickin' sicko's!

Human rights aside (and I don't feel dead humans have many rights anyway), it's just gross to put human remains on your face.

586529963[/snapback]

I think you've taken this a bit too literally.

Is this any different than someone donating organs, i.e. heart, kidney, etc? Of course, this prisoners were never consulted after they died.

i honestly dont get what is all the fuss about.

i am sure the collagen is extracted safely and there is no risk at all.

this is in no way more disgusting then the cosmetics made out

of placenta (a membranous vascular organ that develops during pregnancy, lining the uterine wall and partially enveloping the fetus, to which it is attached by the umbilical cord)

at least this ones are made from processed skin

Quote:i honestly dont get what is all the fuss about.

of placenta (a membranous vascular organ that develops during pregnancy, lining the uterine wall and partially enveloping the fetus, to which it is attached by the umbilical cord)

They're People Ass

Is this any different than someone donating organs, i.e. heart, kidney, etc? Of course, this prisoners were never consulted after they died.

586527583[/snapback]

yes, because a company is making a profit off of this...this is disturbing

Oh no, not dead human skin! We like our toxic chemicals and industrial waste on our face and in our toothpaste, that's fine, and we don't mind the products being tested on mice and rabbits, but don't test it on or use dead human skin! :o

Edit: Title

586527583[/snapback]

In China you do not have to be consulted. In China, if it is in the best interest of the country then they will do it, regardless.

In China you do not have to be consulted. In China, if it is in the best interest of the country then they will do it, regardless.

586532025[/snapback]

that's a stereotype imposed by westerners...

that's a stereotype imposed by westerners...

586538135[/snapback]

Really, then I guess all those that are imprisoned are there for what. Because alot of them spoke out against the mainstream central gov't. Tianemen Square ring a bell.

Quote:i honestly dont get what is all the fuss about.

They're People Ass

586531605[/snapback]

While I find what this company is doing vaguely repugnant, I must point out that while yes, they're people, technically there is no real difference between using placenta (an organ from a person) and using skin cells (a different organ from a person) to make cosmetics.

Both are organs (many forget the skin is an organ) and both come from people. This of course assumes that the placenta is from a human source.

Now from a moral standpoint there might be a difference, but that all depends on whether the woman in question willingly gave up the placenta for use in cosmetics. The prisoners in all likelyhood of course were not willing participants.

Really, then I guess all those that are imprisoned are there for what. Because alot of them spoke out against the mainstream central gov't. Tianemen Square ring a bell.

586538150[/snapback]

I don't see how that justifies your comment...

People get imprisoned for a reason, the reason may be obsene but nevertheless a reason, in China you could put in jail for practicing FaLun Gung, it may seem stupid but it's a law. At least China don't let rapists or murderers off a jail sentence or perhaps have the nerve to allow a thief to sue the people they were trying to rob. You even got Tiananmen spelt wrong, which doesn't really surprise me, considering people like to through falsified information around without having a strong argument.

The dead skin issue may seem abit gross but is it considered unethical? What difference does it make if it was from a living person or dead person. Though personally I probably won't buy the product, it's more of a human nature to reject such information. If nobody actually knew abuot this, would people still buy it?

Ignorance is bliss.

Edited by Jexel

Personally I like to "throw" around facts, they tend to hold more weight. And I would prefer an "argument" over an "arguement" any day. The latter just has too many extra letters to contend with.

:whistle: