Paris Hilton hacker gets 11 months

HAHA! YES! the kid is from Massachusetts! w00t!

586527370[/snapback]

Cameron is from New Bedford, MA. His online alias is Cam0. And as for people say that T-Mobile should give him a job... lol he didn't do anything that warrents such a thing. If anything he's good at lying and would suit well in the sales and or customer service depts.

He and his friends found a way on the spoof, all he needed was a phone number, and a quick phone call to T-Mobile to gain access to the online secured website containing customer data, and also a quick search of high profile targets... and bam.. phone number no longer needed.

Raped her privacy ?

No.... She chose to be a pubic figure. You are bound to expect that some day, something like this could happen !

586548271[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Yeah sure! Just like being murdered kidnapped or raped. If you are a celebratry it's bound to happen eh?

That doesn't make it right.

Just because this guy is a hacker and because paris hilton is a slut doesn't mean it's not an invasion of privacy to hack into her phone and take personal* information from it and give it to everyone to see.

* Yes, paris hilton is a slut and has no shame. This doesn't mean it's ok to give out information she conciders private, or hack into it, for that matter. Regardless of the fact she'd have probably given it out anyway.

This kid knew what he was doing was wrong and unless he was stupid he must have known he would get caught, as anyone who creates something that big now gets caught (e.g. virus writers).

Did anybody read that its 11 months of juvey?

Not 11 months of jail, big difference...

11 months of juvey seem like a little too much 6 month is ok

but since he threatened schools maybee more would have fit

but juvey not jail remember

There was no violence involved just someone being humiliated, personally i would've just gave HIM a slap on the wrist ;)

586527349[/snapback]

personally I would have shook his hand

If I broke into your apartment/house and just stole your info, would you press charges?  No? 

How about if I then later publicized in some form the information I stole to your friends/family/coworkers?  Would you press charges then? 

I'm sure you would.

586529555[/snapback]

but crims hu do worse get less

I agree. Although I'm not saying criminals that do worse things should get less, but what he did was a crime... simple as that. Perhaps everyone should read the entire article. The guy did a lot, but it's the Paris Hilton incident that gets noted.

586529587[/snapback]

yeh thats rite if some random person did it to another ranodm person it would have neva made the news

No matter who you are, everyone is allowed a bit of privacy. He gained access illegally and got busted. Do the crime, serve the time. Plain and simple.

No matter who you are, everyone is allowed a bit of privacy. He gained access illegally and got busted. Do the crime, serve the time. Plain and simple.

586588389[/snapback]

Privacy is something you always give up when you're a celebrity. Plain and simple.

This guy raped the privacy of Paris Hilton.

His sentence (11 months) is fitting... if anything complain that rapists and murderers get off too easily rather than this guy got it too hard.

586530556[/snapback]

Yeah ok, Raped is probably a little over the top... :blink:

This guy raped the privacy of Paris Hilton.

His sentence (11 months) is fitting... if anything complain that rapists and murderers get off too easily rather than this guy got it too hard.

586530556[/snapback]

But he did not rapped her life !!

COME ON GET SOME LOGIK ! ! ! :)

K'

There was no violence involved just someone being humiliated, personally i would've just gave HIM a slap on the wrist ;)

586527349[/snapback]

i would of shaked his hand....lol

That's over the top, seriously.

If it weren't a celebrity, noone would have known and noone would have cared.

Hell, even if it is a celebrity, I don't care.

Did anybody RTFA? I'm starting to wonder based on the comments here.....

It says that he also made bomb threats to schools and other places. I think this is where the 11 month sentence is mainly coming from. The fed judges don't take this thing lightly since Columbine.

I'd hate to think the bulk of the sentences come from "financial damages" or such. The guys at Enron who stole billions are getting a similar sentence. Had he just hacked Paris' phone I'd only fine him $100 or so. The bomb threats make the problem worse.

They mention he hacked T-Mobile and another provider's "internal database". I wonder if this is the truth or they are exaggerating as was supposedly done in the Mitnick trials.

Privacy is something you always give up when you're a celebrity. Plain and simple.

586595449[/snapback]

Where is this rule? They do have privacy just like everyone else, just not as much as they would like.

like super_evil_8_ball said, "He gained access illegally".