Gillette reveals 5 bladed "Fusion"

NEW YORK - Gillette Co. Wednesday unveiled its newest shaving system, a five-bladed razor called Fusion with a trimmer on the back of the cartridge aimed at the 50 percent of men who have mustaches and beards.

Fusion is Gillette's latest product geared at maintaining the company's leading share of the world's razor and blade market.

It has one more blade than the Quattro sold by rival Schick, a unit of Energizer Holdings Inc., plus a trimming blade on the back of the pivoting cartridge for shaping facial hair, trimming sideburns and shaving under the nose.

SOURCE MSNBC

as much as I hate to shave, sorry, but I can't call this "good news".....what's next, the wireless remote-controlled shaving system featuring 32 blades to target the hair's actual follicle meaning you wouldn't have to shave but once a year? :no: :D Or better yet, self wiping toilet paper! :punch:

well I got this from Jay Leno ... (he did a joke, and here's my best effort to repost it)

"The first blade lifts the hair and skin, and the other four shave what?? .... bone marrow what do you need 5 blades for anyway?" (drum stuff by Smitty h ere)

did more readin' ... geeze louise! The same company (Proc. and Gamble) that makes dish soap, will be owning the same company that makes these, and Duracell ... what next? What will they make next? A Gillette Fusion with a Braun tooth brush in one unit?

well I got this from Jay Leno ... (he did a joke, and here's my best effort to repost it)

"The first blade lifts the hair and skin, and the other four shave what?? ....bone marrow> what do you need 5 blades for anyway?" (drum stuff by Smitty h ere)

586532391[/snapback]

didnt madtv do a skit on that also?...

EDIT: here is the pic also

050914_gillettefusion_hmed.hmedium.jpg

Haha, 2, 3, 5?

Give it 10 years, and it'll be "NEW! Gillette 3000 blade razor! Cut yourself silly!"

The shaping tool sounds neat though. (Y)

586532427[/snapback]

Yeap. Thats where its going and they are so expensive. Makes me just wana grow a beard.

anyone remember the madtv skit with the Mach20 Its comming true.

586532394[/snapback]

Yeah, that skit was like 4or5 years ago, when 3 blades came out, its hilarious its actually coming true.

For those of you, who didn't see it what happens is the first cuts some of the hair, then the next a bit more, then the 3 touches the skin scrapping off the excess, then the 4th lifts dead skin, then the 5 cuts your skin, eventually the 20th one is scrapping your bone.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm gonna skip all this madness and just start using a lawn mower on my mug.

586532440[/snapback]

ROFLMAO! :rofl: :rofl:

I ment to get back to this, but I don't have enough time in a day to go through ALL the new posts ...

I think eventaully, to get rid of the annoying shaving ... I'll get the majority of my face "Laser Hair Removal" thing ... and just leave a bit to shave :p ...

(sorry for bringing this up 10 days later, its the first time i"ve been in this seciton and searched back hehe)

call me a penny pincher, but i'm just using a sensor excel.

i did a test, i used my sensor for a week, then a mach 3 turbo for a week.

you know that cute girl that comes up and rubs your face at the end of the commercial? not true. but my mom did yell at me for stealing my dads razor