Gillette reveals 5 bladed "Fusion"

Happy with my Mach III to be honest (3 bladed) - can't see myself upgrading any more! Besides, where does it end? 10, 15, 20 blades?!

How does the "more blades means its better" model work out? I have to admit finding a huge improvment between my cheapo old normal razor and the Mach III ultra or whatever it is, but I think 3 blades is enough at this point. If thats all you're going to do is add blades in the first place, why not just make a 100 blade beast that can shave your whole face with one stroke, and comes custom built to your face shape?

Just satrted shaving about 6 months ago and I hate it alreadyits a pain in the but. I miss my soft youthful face.lol

586532894[/snapback]

chicks dig facial hair bro. well- the good ones do. :D

well said Toxikk. :laugh:

About 5 blades.

I think Gillette jumped from 3 to 5 because Wilkinson (they have a 4 blade model)

Latelly i decide to try out the 4 blades from Wilkinson and i must say im pretty satisfied with it and ill keep with them. Specially they have much better prices, Gillette products are overrated.

And of course i prefer to use a product sponsored by Agassi than the idiot Beckham.

The Gillette Ads are like:

WOAAA EXTREME GREEN FLASH OF ENEGRY

BOOOOM!!!! CARRRR!!!!! FAST CARS!!!!!

HALF NAKED WOMAAAAN!!!! GREEN EXPLOSION!!!

FLYBY OF RAZOR!!! EXTREEEEMME EFFECT!!!!!

wOOOSH!!! WOAAA!!!

Ewww... I haven't shaved for last 5 days ... this thread makes me feel like having a shave ... BRB :p

Will, definitely buy those if availablr in India :D

I'm an electric razor guy myself, and I always get a good shave (even my girlfriend approves, and she hates facial hair), so I don't see why people say it isn't as good... Oh well... To each his own, eh?

• 4 weeks later...
I honestly hate the 3-blade razors. They rip my face apart. I think I'll stick to the cheapos...

586588555[/snapback]

I'm just the opposite, the cheap blades tend to cut me up pretty bad, but my Mach3 works great.

I am a Gillette Razor Beta Tester for about 3 months now, and I could asure you that you'll gonna love it :rolleyes:

:yes: Yeah, I am waiting for the new release, the New Gilltette 7 razor coming out Q2 on 2006 :p

I agree about the weird feelings. I haven't shaved in about 4 months but when I do it will be with a Schick Quattro Power and I will see if the process is unpleasant as I remember. Maybe that whole four vibrating blades thing will help.

586584882[/snapback]

Quattro in general sucks. Stick to a Gillette :p

Wtf, people are *****, go shave with a 2 blade, then try a 4 blade. Then, only THEN come and tell me fi you wanna stick to 2 blade!

Seriously, neowinians loves to b?tch for nothing.

K'

I can't believe no one has posted this yet, but back in February 2004 The Onion ran an article called "F*** Everything, We're Doing Five Blades." Hilarious stuff, and even more so now that it's true.

From their article [cleaned-up]:

Would someone tell me how this happened? We were the f***ing vanguard of shaving in this country. The Gillette Mach3 was the razor to own. Then the other guy came out with a three-blade razor. Were we scared? Hell, no. Because we hit back with a little thing called the Mach3Turbo. That's three blades and an aloe strip. For moisture. But you know what happened next? Shut up, I'm telling you what happened?the bastards went to four blades. Now we're standing around with our c***s in our hands, selling three blades and a strip. Moisture or no, suddenly we're the chumps. Well, f*** it. We're going to five blades.

Sure, we could go to four blades next, like the competition. That seems like the logical thing to do. After all, three worked out pretty well, and four is the next number after three. So let's play it safe. Let's make a thicker aloe strip and call it the Mach3SuperTurbo. Why innovate when we can follow? Oh, I know why: Because we're a business, that's why!

You think it's crazy? It is crazy. But I don't give a s***. From now on, we're the ones who have the edge in the multi-blade game. Are they the best a man can get? F***, no. Gillette is the best a man can get.

I can't believe no one has posted this yet, but back in February 2004 The Onion ran an article called "F*** Everything, We're Doing Five Blades." Hilarious stuff, and even more so now that it's true.

From their article [cleaned-up]:

Would someone tell me how this happened? We were the f***ing vanguard of shaving in this country. The Gillette Mach3 was the razor to own. Then the other guy came out with a three-blade razor. Were we scared? Hell, no. Because we hit back with a little thing called the Mach3Turbo. That's three blades and an aloe strip. For moisture. But you know what happened next? Shut up, I'm telling you what happened?the bastards went to four blades. Now we're standing around with our c***s in our hands, selling three blades and a strip. Moisture or no, suddenly we're the chumps. Well, f*** it. We're going to five blades.

Sure, we could go to four blades next, like the competition. That seems like the logical thing to do. After all, three worked out pretty well, and four is the next number after three. So let's play it safe. Let's make a thicker aloe strip and call it the Mach3SuperTurbo. Why innovate when we can follow? Oh, I know why: Because we're a business, that's why!

You think it's crazy? It is crazy. But I don't give a s***. From now on, we're the ones who have the edge in the multi-blade game. Are they the best a man can get? F***, no. Gillette is the best a man can get.

^LOL

Is this thing out in shops yet?? I haven't seen the adverts on TV over here yet.

Also, is Schick what Wilkinson Sword is called in USA? Or is that just the company that uses the wilkinson sword brand name?